BookingGo Employee Reviews

Worst place ever.
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester6 June 2019
Discrimination against certain races. Zero career progression. Values with no values. Spiteful team manager (he used to prompt his birthday to his team members in order to get gifts, He would never respect your privacy and he would twist everything to suite him). It was bad experience. Non native English speakers would put on the phone talking calls from very angry customers while native English speakers doing emails and LC. They act like they listen to staff but they only take what suits them. Working hours Monday to Sunday 7am till11pm.
Pros
None apart from meeting colleagues from diverse backgrounds
Fun workplace
Customer Support Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester2 April 2019
Fun environment between the agents however management does not have your back and the company does not value or appreciate their employees. They are not flexible and the night shift is often neglected.
Stressful workplace
Operations and product support (Current Employee) –  Manchester Central, Greater Manchester27 March 2019
I think this is a very stressful workplace; you're just a number and not a person. They use micromanagement which does not help at all the environment at the office.
The workload is not well balanced within the department, and there are differences in salaries between agents who develop the same task.

There is a terrible shift pattern without any sense, and there is no option to improve it (the only option is swap shift with colleagues). We can easily see more people working on weekends or late shift than Monday in the morning when the tasks to carry out needs to be done within Monday to Friday creating significant stress during the week and immense frustration.

I would not recommend working in this department, but I would recommend working in the company. There are many opportunities to develop yourself and to make a good carrier within other departments.
Pros
Amazing culture!!
Cons
Zero work life balance and no option to improve sift patterns
Typical call center environment
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire23 February 2019
Very stresfull workplace, you're just a number, not a person.
Not everything told during recruitment process is true - especially in regards of your working hours.
Terrible shift pattern - you have no control over it whatsoever. I got engaged while working there and getting a week off for my own wedding was a huge issue. They have a very unfair way how to apply for holidays in summer and over Christmas period. Also, they have weird rules how you should apply for holidays and this is not properly explained during training (they will however explain you why you must not be even 30 seconds late from your lunch brake). I ended up with a shift in Saturday during my two week holiday! According to the management it was my own fault.
I felt pressured to come back to work when I got ill. Customers can give you bad feedback based on whatever they want (I once got very dissatisfied because I called back a customer in Germany from my workplace in England. Customer didn't like I was calling from an English number although I did resolve his problem). These feedbacks are however your main goal, if they are bad, you get in trouble with your manager.
Very often you have to stay later because you get stuck in a call. You don't get paid for this time.
Even your loo brakes are timed and monitored!
I really wouldn't recommend this employer at all.
Pros
Free fruit
Cons
Zero work life balance and everything else mentioned in my review.
Horrible place
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester5 February 2019
i have worked at the company for more than 3.5 years
they harass people constantly especially if they are non English natives, they have no respect for other religions or cultures
they abuse you all the time
you are supposed to work after shift ending but do not get paid
stay away !!
Pros
building in good location
Cons
everything else
Poor management and unprofessional
Customer Relations Advisor (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester31 December 2018
Workers are not listened to when making suggestions on where to improve. Know where the problem lays but can't fix it. This and poor management takes the joy out of the beneficial parts like the nice team members, arranged events and own effort to do improve the daily work process.
Cons
Shift work
Great company
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester6 September 2018
I have enjoyed working at booking go. The management team are great and the benefits are even greater. I only see myself leaving for a better opportunity which will better my career.
Wouldn’t recommend
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester16 August 2018
*\ the stress caused here is unbeliveable, cannot name 1 person who has worked here which doesn't say the same. When I first started here it was a brilliant environment to work in, however towards the end you wasn’t able to even ask how a collegue was due to adherence targets, taking call after call after call ect.. always ended up staying late as you couldn’t go as busy until 5 mins before your shift ended although 95% of calls take longer than this as majority are issues. Along with this, you would receive low CSAT for faults not of your own however this would be reflected on yourself due to targets.
*\ life balance is non existent, you end up working a lot more late shifts than earlys however they justify this by claiming they are shared equally when in fact this is not the case. (Yes you apply for the job knowing this, but I wouldn’t recommend this) However if you do have a specific reason as to why you require a certain shift you can apply for them.
*\ management isn’t great, all the managers have different answers as they aren’t trained. Managers don’t tend to socialise with colleagues, making you feel downgraded for them. However some managers will go above and beyond for you. As with any job you chose which manager you prefer to go to dependant on what you require
*\ culture is great, everyone is friendly. You learn a lot about other cultures, or news happening in people’s home country’s.
*\ the company don’t actually care about you, your wellbeing or mental state. They have ‘mental health awareness’ weeks however you don’t feel comfortable speaking with anyone
  more... as you know they are all fake and speak behind your back  less
Pros
Free breakfasts, fruit, Costa coffee in the cafe, cafe staff was lovely, benefits
Cons
Stress, support, management
Excelente Company to work in
Customer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Manchester26 July 2018
BookingGo was my first professional experience in the UK and I felt very welcome in the company.
The training is very well organized and complete. The managers and team has always help me to be efficient and comfortable in all my duties.
Avoid/ specially in summer times
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester26 July 2018
Stressful environment.
Not qualified management.
System failures constantly.
Micro-management.
Unsocial rota shift.
Constantly rotation of people due to the poor management.
Sadness environment people scare to rise up the opinions because HR just working on the company favour.
Easy place to dismiss people.
Constantly pressure and fake environment, just the company use your language skills but they don't care about your culture, you are a number only.
Poor customer services, please see all the complains about the customers at the different platforms.
Constantly wrong payments with your payslip, after you need to pay more taxes.
You need to clean you own desk every day, because the hole office is not clean.
Good Marketing for new starters, after, you pass the training you realice is not the right place to work you feel the stress and the sadness of your colleges.
Constantly structure changes in a short period of time without any plan, pressure the team to learn quick without proper training, creating stressful environment and frustration for the teams.
Brain wash environment, friendship between managers and the employee always pay the consequences.
Pros
Free Cereal
Cons
Please read my review.
Fun Workplace
Contact Centre Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester24 May 2018
Located in possibly the coolest offices in Manchester, Rentalcars.com is a fast-paced, reward driven environment which looks to promote their employees from within wherever possible.
Pros
Free breakfast and hot drinks, subsidized cafeteria
Cons
Long opening hours
Avoid at all costs
Dutch Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Manchester7 May 2018
Employees are seen and treated as disposable assets.
You are a number, not a person.

Recruitment drive weekly of about 60 people as there are so many leavers in a week.
Pros
Cons
Bad shifts, no flexibility, poorly managed
fun
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester14 March 2018
fun and good working culture but there is little progression for analysts - no set career path, which can result in languishing and stagnating in the same role for awhile
Pros
subsidised lunch and free fruit
Could do better
Customer Relations Advisor (Current Employee) –  customer relation6 March 2018
Very bad management if you work in customer service.
Other departments are all right, they have more benefits, feel like they are more valuable to the company.
Structure changes all the time, difficult to find a routine.
Pros
multilingual environment
Cons
management/structure
An interesting place to work with good company values
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Manchester Central9 February 2018
Renatlcars.com is a good compny with good values. There is scope to earn a really good wage should you be willing to put in the time and effort, with lots of scope for overtime.
Pros
No dress code
Cons
New management are not as clued up as they should be
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Manchester Central18 December 2017
Really good opportunity to grow. Diverse and great environment and culture. You feel more like a family member rather than a number.
Continuously evolving and changing for the better.
Changed so much over the years
Pros
Great culture and environment to work. Innovative and visionary
Cons
With so many changes and advancements, salaries lag behind
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester23 October 2017
chilled out environment and great people. shifts can be all over the place. from 7am starts to 11pm finishes. So its hard to adjust at times. but the job is quite straight forward in booking cars on the phone.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
no progression
Environment and workplacement was perfect
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester2 September 2017
At my time with rentalcars.com the environment in which the management allowed us to work and the skills I was taught will surely help me out with any other customer service advisor jobs accross the globe. If I had the opportunity, I would love to join the team at rentalcars.com again .
Supposed to be different everyday
Confirmations associate (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester1 September 2017
A typical day at work is supposed to be different everyday because of the many tasks available at the department. However, once you are good at one of the tasks, you keep doing that and totally forget how the others are carried.

The workplace culture is good having in mind that we all come from different backgrounds and countries.

The hardest part of the job are the schedules and the late shifts which are an issue to balance your job with your personal life.
Pros
Workplace colleagues
Cons
Schedules
good start
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester23 August 2017
no possibility of evolution
good starting job
difficult life balance
easy access
average salary
poor management
everything changing everyday
not really customer focused

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BookingGo. Our community is ready to answer.

BookingGo Reviews by Location