boohoo.com Employee Reviews

Awful
Order Picker/Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Burnley, Lancashire2 December 2018
Dont work for this company its like a working in a sweat shop for next to nothing. 12hr shifts walking miles all the time that's when you actually are picked for a shift for example 10 workers turn up cause they are told this is there shift to work, boohoo only need 6 workers that night actually so 4 are sent home wasting time and fuel 12 miles round trip no compensations, this happens every shift not just once or twice you just have to hope you are pointed at and told YOU. RIDICULOUS PLACE AND COMPANY AND WAGES ARE NOT NEARLY ENOUGH FOR THE BACK BREAKING GRIND.
Pros
Cons
Everything about the company
Slave work
Process Worker (Current Employee) –  Burnley, Lancashire20 June 2018
They treat you like slaves.
Your allowed to take a bottle of water on with you but won’t allow you to go and fill it up.
When we had induction we was told on nights your get 2x15minutes and 1x30mina. Turns out you get 2x30mins. On your first day they are expecting you to hit their targets. No praise from management about how well you have managed on your first day just constant putting you down.
Wouldn’t recommend working here.
Pros
Cons
Management treat you like slaves!
Classroom Environment - Micro-management
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Burnley7 March 2018
The work is easy - but the management is very biased and corrupt. Progression and extra opportunities are only given to those who know the managers on a personal level, and even they are very very basic. There is frequent lack of communication between management which causes a lot of conflict across teams. The environment is not very professional. If you are in probation, you can come in to work and be sacked on the same day without any notice. Preference is given to daytime staff as opposed to evening staff. Rules constantly change to suit the individual in charge. If you have any issues and raise a grievance, you will suffer from detriments after this - the management frequently lie to cover up mistakes they have made and make the employee to be problematic. A good progressive company, but the wrong style of overall contact centre management. Zero job satisfaction - resulting in poor performance from employees. If you choose to work here, be sure to have a solicitor on standby.
Pros
Good working equipment
Cons
Micro management, no progression, classroom environment
Amazing Culture
Buyers Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester24 April 2018
At Boohoo HQ design and buying teams were amazing. So much fun to work here, low pay but plenty of parties and benefits to balance it out. Loved it 💗
Pros
Regular celebrations, strong friendly teams, job satisfaction, hires within
Cons
Low pay in comparison to other companies in the same field.
Not managed very well
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Burnley18 December 2018
Good place to work if you are confident and you can sweet talk the managers. But eventually, if they feel intimidated by you at all, they will find any reason at all to get you fired.

My team leader investigated me behind my back and made a case against me to the centre Manager, of why I should be fired. The company claims I was fired for performance reasons, which is a lie, as some of my colleagues passed their probation who performed less than I did, on the same day that I was fired.

The reason I was fired was for a mental heslth condition, of which i told them about in the interview for the job, and they accepted me as an employee. They then claimed this is reason enough to fire me, as the company is heading in a “different direction” and I am not “adapting” to this direction.

They also said that there is no appeal process for being fired, so it was basically tough luck for me.

I’ve never felt as much discrimination and favouritism than when working here. Used for a year, then fired. Stay away from them - unless you know how to use them back.
Pros
Yearly Bonus, Relaxed Environment with some Team Leaders
Cons
Team Leader’s all on a Power Trip, Inexperienced Managers, Discrimination in the Workplace, No Employee Rights
fun place to work very rewarding
Warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Burnley, Lancashire18 November 2018
great place to work full of good hard working people from all around the world. Good shift, easy work and 3 on 3 off worked very well for me at the time
Pros
bonuses
Cons
Excellent company to work for
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Burnley, Lancashire7 August 2018
I have seen many businesses in my lifetime but this is by far the most forward thinking and progressive I have seen. If you don't make it in here, that means that you probably won't make it anywhere else, as they promote internal staff and give people a lot of opportunities to progress and growth. Fantastic culture throughout and some great incentives for the staff like share scheme. Beautiful new canteen and much improved facilities. Company do's in summer and for Christmas. Great place to work!
Do not work!!!
Stock controller (Former Employee) –  Burnley, Lancashire24 October 2018
The management at boohoo are arrogant and take no time to engage with any of their staff. I was offered work through a agency to work for them and they were just as bad as the management.
AVOID customer service advisor
customer service advisor (Former Employee) –  Burnley, Lancashire26 July 2018
Avoid this company at all costs the company are awful to work for they make you work bank Holidays and Christmas day and you don't get a day in loo. The wage is just Bearley above min wage. The company sets unrealistic goals and comes down on you on you hard and fast if you even so much as sneeze. Seriously avoid this company at all costs.
Cons
Very gruelling work for new workers
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Burnley, Lancashire9 May 2018
Most new workers will usually be put on to picking and will be walking up to 20 miles a day. Your feet will hurt and the management will not care when you tell them and just expect you to continue. The footwear they provide is very poor and you will damage your feet daily. Coming home with blisters and walking in constant pain will be a common occurrence!
Pros
Good canteen and facilities
Cons
Very gruelling work
boohoo job
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  burnley12 August 2018
The job was very tiring specially since it was my first job. Having to do shifts for 12 hours a day is challenging. The work shoes provided were of bad quality therefore it is advised to buy your own shoes as your feet will most likely hurt.
Pros
easy to get job
Cons
long work hours
Boring
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom12 January 2018
The training and the job was boring, and the team leaders hardly did anything.

Some were only nice to the advisers they liked, and they would still expect you to work if you're ill. Some don't even allow you to talk to your friends whilst your working and the only good thing was making new friends.

Also you don't get double pay or time and a half for bank holidays & xmas etc. They're also not understanding when it comes to changing shifts.

You only get an hour break for the 8 hours you work, but you can split it in to 2 15 min & one 30 min break or you can have two 30 min breaks.

You also have to work weekends
Pros
40% off staff discount
Cons
Know what you're getting into. READ
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Burnley, Lancashire17 October 2018
TERRIBLE PLACE. You're beckoned into a job with the promise of 3 days work and 3 beautiful days of rest. But those 3 days off simply aren't enough to recover from what is a place that is ultimately rotten to the core. The work is painful, especially when tasked as a picker. 4 hours practically pacing around a warehouse, trying your best to scan items with all but faulty equipment. They have toilets available if you need them, but you eventually realise that if you go for a toilet break you're wasting time that you could be doing picking, and that any time in the toilet is going to ruin your stats for the hour. The same goes for even having a drink of water - I should mention that there are drinking fountains too, but they sometimes don't even work, and other workers will actually steal or move bottles of water. By the end of the day you're a dehydrated, sore, limping, miserable mess, and the extremely low quality work boots they provide you don't help in the slightest. It's practically slave work, and is NOT worth the wage.

But remember, you are just a NUMBER to them. Boohoo only care if you're hitting your targets! They have no time for moaners since I guess you're easily replaced. Speaking of no time for: It's infuriating looking around the place and seeing team leaders who seemingly do nothing all day, pretending to look busy. They stare away at their computer screen, ready to pounce on anybody who they see isn't meeting their expected targets by the slightest margin, with none of them having any idea how ridiculous the job is anyway. You yourself aren't allowed to listen
  more... to music or eat a snack while working, but plenty of these team leaders can be seen listening to music and munching on a packet of Maltesers. Smiling, laughing and joking with colleagues who seemingly don't do anything either. The same colleagues who have all the time in the world to play a game of pool during break times while the real workers are too busy trying their best to rest and eat to gain back as much energy for their shifts as possible within 30 minutes. I say 30 minutes, but seriously, by the time you set your scanner to break mode, take it off, walk all the way out of the warehouse, go to the toilet and grab your bag in the locker room you've wasted 7-10 minutes. The entire place really does fill you with a prison mentality.

If you've read any of this and are thinking of working at Boohoo, I greatly advise you, just don't... Not unless you're completely out of options and are in desperate need of money. It's simply not worth it.
Pros
Cantine is okay
Cons
Gruelling working conditions, Poor management, Team Leaders are hypocrites, Unfair wage
very fun and happy place to work
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Burnley, Lancashire17 July 2017
i really enjoyed working here, very good benefits, salary and team, every day was different and there were always new opportunities to learn new skillsw.
Pros
atmosphere
Good job
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Burnley, Lancashire17 March 2018
The work was pretty fine. Some positions were more demanding other less. It worked three days after twelve hours and three days off. I had time to rest. I walked a lot of kilometers on picking because the building had up to five floors
Pros
A nice new dining room, Stable work
Cons
Long hours, Many floors
good atmosphere
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Burnley7 February 2018
It was long hours but as you were always busy the time flew by
good people to work with you can have a laugh and a joke while working
there is a good incentive of a 40% staff discount
but the draw back is it was a zero hour contract when I was there
Pros
40% staff discount
Cons
Zero hour Contract
Friendly team mates
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Burnley29 May 2018
Having worked here for around 9 months the team mates are friendly and helpful but anybody above your job position is useless, bossy, snobby and all round very unfriendly.
Pros
wages
Cons
pressure, targets, breaks
Waste of time
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Burnley4 June 2016
Worse job I've ever had long hours on feet for 12 hours the place was still run by jumped up little nz bullying is one of the biggest things in that place, it's not job security could be rung up at any time sorry no work today, no health and safety in place, no chance of progressing unless your nose fits up management bums, how i spent three years they i don't know, on the plus side your three days of are good so you can look for something else, no shift allowance working weekends and English is the second language other than that enjoy , endless job chats for talking and laughing, could go on and on everyone knows what a dump boohoo is
Pros
Three days off
Cons
It's not job security
Fun and enjoyable work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Burnley24 December 2017
I was working in a warehouse where all the plastic things are made which are provided through out the whole UK. I learnt about how all the stuff is packed after counting properly and sealed properly. work place culture was really good, people there were really friendly and helpful. Honestly speaking, i did not find anything hard about that job. The most enjoyable part was that I got to choose the way i work and when i take my break, it was so amazing working there that it felt like a family to be a part of that warehouse.
Not a nice nor positive work envitronment
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Burnley21 February 2018
Myself and others felt intimidated by the staff. From recruitment to the shop floor. Bad morale .constant bickering amongst others .wouldn't recommend working there
Pros
Cons
Morale. Attitude of management and fellow workers