boohoo.com

boohoo.com Employee Reviews

United Kingdom219 reviews
Ok place to work, some of the policies baffle you
It’s an ok company to work for but if you are a warehouse op you can be mistreated - forced to take hols or go home unpaid on the nights where volumes are low.

Another thing to note is that there can be a lot of down time, waiting around etc
The worst job experience I've ever had
Returns sector. Very hard work with lots of unrealistic expectations, unfair treatment, supervisors are arrogant, disrespectful no matter if your performance is good or bad. Targets are nearly impossible to reach. It's either super cold or super hot there. Safety boots hurt your feet badly. Canteen, toilets are dirty. This place is a joke. Same for staffline recruitment agency.
avoid
My first team leader was a borderline bully, she made me cry all the time and feel so small. She made me dislike my job until she finally moved onto a different shift pattern.

The team leader who fired me is notorious for being a bully and for firing people over minor things, she loved to abuse her authority at every opportunity. My dismissal appeal was handled so unprofessionally by the CCM who gave me two dates for the outcome, and didn't stick to either.

They only gave development opportunities to people who sucked up to management- favouritism is evident in this place.

The office and toilets are incredibly dirty and seem to never be cleaned.

They often lied about overtime rates so people would pledge their time and then they would add unrealistic terms and conditions to it and tell people they could not cancel the overtime.
avoid like the plague
HA they get rid of you if you voice your opinions if you think they arent doing their job properly, got fired over something i wrote before i even worked their, 3 months down the line, because it wasnt a fair working environment and my TL is like Hitler, i said i dont think its fair we had our breaks cut even shorter when ordering food when everyone else in the other team was allowed to order no consistencies, her reply was "i make the rules not you" to then walk in because i forgot something to hear my team leader slagging me off on the phone, NEEDS SHUTTING DOWN
No growth, no fix procedures, too much uncertainties
Poor managers and CCM are horrible.
If you want a balance work n life it's not a place to work. No growth in terms more like modern slavery. Treat you like numbers. The only good thing was how much time can you avoid politics and thier vindictive behaviour. Process case weekly and target people who got voice. Voicepersonally.
Work at bohoo
Work is all right picking and packing
Walking with a scanner

Theres good system maked so you not need to walk from one place to other end off warehouse
Warehouse
Working in the warehouse can be good at times, if you work for staffline, they can get rid of you,when they feel like it. They talk to you like your nothing but a piece of rubbish at times. They was one girl who took her boots 👢 of and her feet was bleeding badly, she said she needs to go home the team leader said yeah but don't come back. If you like the fast paced work it can be good, it'ashame that's certain teamleaders trying to make a name for themselves will spoil it.
Not a good place too work if you’re after making something with your life
If you’re after easy money for a couple months then I would recommend this job just too build up some money but if you’re after making something of yourself and want too progress your future further then this isn’t the job for you
Great place for progression
I have worked at boohoo for 5 years and it has honestly been the best place I have worked.
My manager is really supportive and has played an active role in my progression in the company.

We have a great bunch of people working in the office which makes it easy to get up and come to work everyday!
Great Opportunities
I have worked for the company for 5 years and have seen great growth in customer services and the warehouse.

There are constant opportunites to progress at boohoo, from job promotions to completing apprenticships or degrees.

The work place is always friendly, and collegues are supportive.
Very good place to work local transport
Good place to work and you get a long with the people you work with everyone tries to help you if you are struggling, would want to work for them again
Pros
Non
Cons
Non
Productive place to work
At the time of working for Boohoo my days were enjoyable, everyone were friendly and you could have a laugh with the Team Leaders. It's a very fast paced environment and you have to be fast on your feet to complete hourly targets, but when it is complete most times you will be rewarded.
All the best I can say about this place!
Very good place to work! Job are easy no heavy stuff! People are always helping if you don’t know something! They give full time job , and there is nice and clean canteen!
Stock Control
We took part of the cycle stock count and inputted the information into the system. There was unrealistic hourly targets, very poor management where they was unable to speak and treat you properly, not at all like a human being.
would not recommend working here
slave labor is well and truely alive when working here. Not even extra money offered for working on Christmas day nor was there and holidays offered. The working environment is pressurising and the management would often offer incentives and then they would never arrive.
Not for me
Managment did not appreciate any extra work you made. On the other side, every hour you didnt hit the target they came to see you. Not everybody has the same conditons there.
Productive and fun workplace
yeah it was alright not too bad. Could've been better. Could've been a lot better actually, but you know it got me by so like yeah. Long hours and short breaks
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Was ok but not the best
I worked for boohoo and I was happy there for a while but I started getting illnesses so they decided I couldn't work for them no more and it was all to do with the stress of the job and the amount of work they get u to do
Excellent place to work in customer seevice
The people who work in customer service are friendly and we are all one big family. Great career prospects if you wish to progress and in house training to help you get there
If You want to be treat like a dog/monkey - try it.
Hi,

I've started working in Boohoo Company in the half of September.

I found an announcement on the web. After sending my CV I received a phone from Staffline Job Agency representative. A nice woman convinced me that working as an order picker is good and easy, and company is fair towards employee. After coming UK and 2 months of working for them realised that words of that woman was just a grim joke.

3 days ago from writing this, on "briefing" (another joke) the supervisor came on the trolley and said "Yesterday you were good, keep going. HOWEVER - we have just ended peak time period, so we increase picker's target from 120 to 130 per hour. If you want to keep this job after Christmas - better do it, because we cannot guarantee an employment for all of you. End of story, thank You."

After hearing this I was just looking at him and asking myself "really, so straight out? Disgusting and cheeky"

I agree with major of opinions below about Boohoo, unfortunately. Work is hard, wage is poor, you don't even receive a money for second half-hour brake.

If you really can't find a job or you are on red - try it. But you won't be pleased. I think nobody is and just wondering what keep some of really good and interesting people in this sad place for 2-3 years.

Greetings, wish U well, whoever U are.
Banal and drab, save your dignity and stick to a justified career choice
If you’re a young, aspiring, hard working and a seriously career driven individual, then a career with Boohoo isn’t for you. PLEASE READ ON!!!!!

The maintenance department is run by inexperienced management which are scared of being shown up by the shift engineers who clearly have more knowledge and expertise than some of the leaders. Even simple tasks like resetting a circuit breaker cannot be carried out by the shift engineers without consent from either the maintenance manager or certain team leaders. When asked for the keys to access boards and panels to perform said task the response given was “You’re not a team leader and not entitled to a key”. This is in spite of having over 20 years of qualified/Safe experience.

The shift engineers are great people but there is an overwhelming sense of backstabbing brought on by a childish gossip culture which emanates from the management and other bored shop floor workers.

Boohoo employed Assistant engineers to work alongside the skilled workers with the promise of putting them through an apprenticeship programme. Although this is a great idea, the management don’t seem to be bothered about providing skilled experience for the apprentices, they would rather have them unblock cardboard boxes stuck on conveyors With sellotape. This same process goes for the skilled staff on shift and ideas above your experienced station are seriously frowned upon and moaned about behind your back.

Finally. A problem occurred on shift which meant assistance was required and when an Assistant Team Leader was asked to lend a hand, the response
 - more...