Bonacia Ltd Employee Reviews

Work Hard Play Hard
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire3 June 2019
This is my second stint of working here as last year I was on a temp contract.
I can honestly say its like being part of a big family. I enjoyed my time here so much I decided to come back again this year and I am hoping and praying it leads to a full time position. If you put in hard work you reap the rewards. How many employers offer to take their staff to Barcelona ......
If you enjoy talking to customers going above and beyond for them and having fun then Bonacia is definitely the place for you. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Best Place I ever worked
WIP customer adviser (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire3 June 2019
From day 1 Bonacia has helped by taking my individual needs into consideration and helping me. I got the job offer but it didn't start for another month, but I was without a job and I needed something right away. After speaking to Bonacia and explaining my needs, they were quick to offer me a role within production and if I liked it I could work in production until my actual start date.
Since starting my role, I had a lot of support from team members and higher management.
They all were very welcoming, supportive and fun to be around.
I never felt more comfortable in a place of work, and never wanted to work as hard as I do here. Because here when you work hard you see the benefits of that hard work. Not like previous places I worked where instead of being a individual I was just a number.
Pros
Management are family like
Cons
n/a
my point of view review
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire21 May 2019
I have been working for Bonacia for 7years now from full time to part time, from early shifts to full days. Bonacia has always supported me through my personal life, having young children to care for. I feel empowered being by not just being a mum but a mum that can work and still have that balance and be able to provide. They close down for Christmas after a lovely party making sure families can spend time together at such a magical time.
I come to work and everybody, no matter what department they are in or how busy they may be are always friendly and there to help. Bonacia has so many people from different diversities but we all work as one. The pay structures are always being looked and reviewed and progression is always there if you want it. They reward staff with incentives and being able to earn holiday time.
In a way, it is fast paced but in the most amazing way! Its always striving to better. It's changed a lot in 7 years and I can't wait to see what the next 7 years bring and more.
Pros
flexi time
Supportive, Accommodating and Fun!
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire20 May 2019
I've worked at Bonacia for almost 2yrs now. My time here so far has been fun and enjoyable; you could never find another place like it! We do so many fun things in the office and have an exciting event for every occasion; dress up days, cake sales, Easter egg hunts, sports day, pub crawls and much more! We also have two great parties.

I cannot fault HR and management who are really approachable, so if you have any worries or problems you always have someone who will help address them and resolve it to the best of their ability.

In my time here they have been able to accommodate special requests and always value your work/life balance. You're not made to feel like a worker bee and you know that if something isn't working they'll try and make changes so it does!
Pros
Fun and Friendly work place, lots going on
Best place I've ever worked!
n/a (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire16 May 2019
I absolutely love working at Bonacia, I've worked there for over 2 years and have progressed and developed so much as a professional and a person.
The company is very open to helping you achieve your goals and if there is an area that you would like to develop skills in, they support you in this. They offer workplace training, courses and professional development. I've been able to become a multi-skilled employee with a growing portfolio of diverse expertise.
Bonacia has a professional, friendly and fun working environment, they are not afraid to let their employees have fun but get work done at the same time. There is a brilliant work/life balance and they are very understanding with out of work commitments and you are able to use flexi-time to fit around family commitments.
They do a lot for their employees to make people happy at work and are always hosting different events, the majority of which are for charity. The company has raised thousands of pounds for different charities through the events they organise.
I can genuinely say that I love coming to work, every day is different and I enjoy being able to contribute toward the success of the company.
Friendly yet driven work environment
Web Developer/Designer (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire16 May 2019
Having worked at Bonacia for over a year now it's clear to see there's plenty of room to grow within the business with the right work ethic.

Management is approachable yet professional - every team leader and manager knows their department inside and out. There's never any concern about voicing your opinion, everyone is heard regardless of whether it's positive or negative and it's acted upon accordingly.

The team are fantastic, possibly the best group of colleagues I've ever/will ever have the pleasure of working with. The team dynamic is incredible with every getting along more as friends rather than just work acquaintances.

Even within a large office the company still feels like a family business, everyone knows each-other - with the two main office events a year and plenty of others it's hard not to.

There's constantly one company event or another you can get involved with and additionally all of the small events throughout the year mean there's never a shortage of reasons to drink...

There's rarely a slow day, the workflow is constant so it's hard to ever call a day boring - most jobs are different which means opportunities to learn/develop are constant also.
Pros
Team, management, culture, opportunities, flexible working hours
Flexible but Hard working
Young Writers (Current Employee) –  Peterborough7 May 2019
It's not a corporate place, but that doesn't mean it's not professional or hardworking.

It's a great place to work with supportive colleagues and supportive management too - if you put in the effort and work hard, then you'll be rewarded with the benefits that come with the trust you've earnt - eg flexible working hours.

There's the opportunity to progress either within departments with clear levels, or across departments if other roles are of interest.

The best thing is the people, and also the passion that is shown across the company.

I don't think I've ever had a day where I didn't feel like coming in which speaks for itself - but if there is then you can take a duvet day!
Pros
Flexible working hours, fun events, fundraising, the people
Cons
Lack of recycling for bottles/cans etc
Not good
Any (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire4 April 2019
Such a badly run company so many jobsworth people that work with in the basis of the company poorly run what joke of a place to work for not recommended
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Poor leadership and toxic culture
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire21 February 2019
Quickly within the first few weeks it was apparent no training and guidance would be provided. You was expected to learn all systems and processes on your own. The senior management are like he’st friends and very u helpful and in trustworthy if you needed support. Overall a bad experience but one which has allowed me to stear clear of cowboy businesses since.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Toxic leadership values
Best Place I Have Ever Worked!
Marketing Team (Current Employee) –  Peterborough21 February 2019
No two days are the same here, it's fast-paced, exciting and driven.
I've received industry training as well as in-house training and there are always opportunities for self-development.

If you're lazy, like a blame culture and a whinge this isn't the place for you. Work hard, reap the rewards. Socialable, fun, friendly place that is hardworking, award-winning and offers flexible working/shift work.

The hardest part of the job - reading people slagging off a fantastic local business that looks after its staff and actively engages us all in making the business bigger and better. Negativity isn't part of the Bonacia culture, be positive and passionate are though - if you have those and an awesome work ethic, then this is the best place to work. If you find something you truly love to do you'll never work a day in your whole life!!
Pros
Flexible working, great culture and values, free parking, not corporate
Cons
The building is a bit old, but is having renovations
Lovely place to work
Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Peterborough21 February 2019
I have been employed here for two weeks now and my first impressions are great. It is a great environment, and everyone here works as a team. The hours are good and the managers and everyone else are very nice to work with.
Pros
lots of benefits and opportunities
Cons
not the newest building
If you like working with rascits, bigots and oversized children then this is the perfect company for you
Print Finisher (Current Employee) –  Peterborough14 February 2019
Never worked for such a poorly run company! From top to bottom.

The amount of Tom foulery I'm surprised anything gets done and lord forbid if you make a mistake! They'll have you strung up.

No teamwork as people see everything as a competition.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Everything else
Poorly run company hiding under a guise of 'fun'
Young Writers (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire1 January 2019
Unprofessional and poorly run. Management care more about shouting in the halls and partying than setting examples, providing job security and showing leadership.
accounts (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire4 December 2018
I've worked here for the past few years and I can honestly admit this has been one of the best companies to work for. The management are very approachable and down to earth.
They seem to really care about allowing people to better themselves and grow in the company and proceed up the career ladder.

The culture in the office is work hard, but have fun doing it, which is something not many companies can do successfully. However I do genuinely believe it is something this company nails!

My only negative point would be the salary, and I'm not saying that like the pay isn't good.. it is and there is always room to progress and get pay increases, however..who wouldn't want more.
Pros
free parking, paid for training, the parties, fun activities, the staff
Cons
the building, however this is currently being looked into.
Great company culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire4 December 2018
I've worked at the company for 8 years and love the atmosphere here, I've been promoted internally and have been put through professional courses whilst employed with Bonacia Ltd - overall a great place to work!
Pros
Flexibility, Culture, Development Opportunities
Shoddy Company
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire12 October 2018
Very shoddy company. Poorly run and purely interested in making a profit. Management are unprofessional and prance around behaving like children. Would strongly advise not to join this company.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Unprofessional, shabby environment, poor management
Waste of time
Bog cleaning (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire6 October 2018
A company that does not respond to its online application system. I filled out the online application then sent it.
I also printed it and mailed it.
I also saved it and emailed it.

I at least expected a reply.

I sent my CV and still no reply.

In summary.

A total waste of time.
Pros
Zilch
Cons
Lousy management and non existent HR
Productive and fun workspace
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire22 September 2018
Amazing place to work. Amazing people, activities and loads more. Only issue is the salary, it’s the bare minimum and the opportunity to increase is also small
Pros
Regular fun activities
Cons
Low salary
No good company
Pre press (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire3 July 2018
Management only care about themselves salary is not good the company is run like a school. All they care about is chatting and gossip amongst themselves.
Pros
Free cark
Cons
Horrible place
Fantastic Place to Work
Pre press (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire22 October 2017
Fast paced and fun. Lots of work, great bunch of people all working to the company values. Opportunities for career development, self development and interacting with other teams. Great family vibe and I like that there is a charity partner that employees get to pick too. Highly recommended.
Pros
Free parking, free hot drinks, flexible hours, socialising after work, overtime pay, xmas shut down, charity work, duvet day... you get the picture!
Cons
None. I love it here!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bonacia Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

Bonacia Ltd Reviews by Location