Bolton NHS Foundation Trust

Bolton NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom28 reviews
My role is as the Transactions Manager, I am responsible for the purchase ledger, sales ledger sections including debt collection. My role includes 1-2-1's, appraisals, team meetings and team training. I produce weekly payment runs, KPI's and various reports.
Management are not professional they have favourites and if you ever challenge any decision you are made to feel like you are stupid and then they pick faults with your work, a typical day is very fast paced. The hardest part of the job is trying to fit in. The best part of the job is some colleagues as is the worst part
Pros
Excellent holiday entitlement
Cons
Worked for Histology/Pathology for many years changing departments/jobs due to the bullying and nasty Management along with their hangers on friends! Dont bother with the Unions as they are in their pockets too.They bully you till you are got rid of and they will make up stories about you as they go along. If the TV did an undercover documentary it would be sorted!!
Good place to work however Government are making working for the NHS tough with constant under funding.
I would definitely work with them again in the future if the correct job came up
Enjoyable busy environment, with dedicated colleagues. Good working conditions. Good team work. Overall a very good place to work. Although you must be prepared to go the extra mile when req.
Worked in Informatics i.e IT department as a contractor for one week. So did one other contractor. Did not disclose that fact, they were trialling against the other contractor in job description. Very devious and misleading. Did not get position advertised.
Cons
Lovely people, lovely staff its a pleasure to help out at the hospital.
I have learned how to interact and chat to patients and visitors, the most enjoyable part of the job is helping other people.
DON'T work for the NHS as a healthcare assistant it's a thankless job where you are treated as a second class citizen and a donkey! This was a typical day at work as experienced by me for most of my time there.
Training fine, especially if you do your online training at home throughout the year as you wont have time to do it whilst on duty.

Management don't care if you are dropping on your feet and numerous of my colleagues were on sick leave on several occasions due to stress.

Workplace culture:- Blame the healthcares for anything that goes wrong.

Hardest part of the job is seeing patients suffer because wards are constantly short staffed and the qualified nurses won't help you.

Most enjoyable part of the job:- Helping patients and going home.
Pros
Reasonable pay.
Cons
Everything else.
Everyone is caring and the work place is a great experience for work. The staff are very friendly and helpful. It is very nice to work with other patients and visitors.
Pros
Discount on food
Good support from seniors on each of my rotations
Appraisal system which helps showcase the skills you are learning

Learned the basic skills in MSK Respiratory and Orthopaedic care

Staff in general are friendly
friendly place to work, all grades of staff make the hospital an excellent place to work.
Overall facilities for the staff aren't great for example canteen expensive and small portions, only a small negative for a good place to work overall
Pros
frindly staff
Cons
usual problems with NHS
It is a very flexible place to work and there is always plenty of help for workers and lots of good learning opportunities. There are schems and benefits for all kinds of employees to advantage of.
A real feel of us and them. There were 3 or 4 contractors and 5 or 6 permanent staff.
Sometimes you (a contractor) walk into a room full of laughter (permanent staff) that suddenly stops.

Occasional sly comments and 2-faced behaviour.

Eventually all contractors left (at different times).

Never made to feel comfortable
Pros
Didn't have to stay there too long
Cons
Tense atmosphere.
Good short Contract ... lovely people.... nice offices ... staff canteen.
Worked on MIS and workforce reporting and potential development of staff dashboards for Workforce Information
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Parking
I have worked in Bolton hospital for 5 years and enjoy what I do. I help others as I would like to be treated the area I work in is friendly and easy to work with.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Great place to work. Always looking for ways to improve services. Listens to the opinions of staff and implements change when nescssary.
As with all NHS Trusts budgets are being cut year on year so always looking for ways to save money
Pros
Job security
Cons
Fast paced
Didn't enjoy the workplace due to the environment that was set out. I couldn't find myself working in such an environment as there was restricting work that I could perform.
unsupportive managers without qualifications and qualities to care and manage staff effectively. Low morale, poor staff levels to care for patients. Lack of compassion towards staff who are expected to work in unsafe conditions. Only time improvements are made is when visits are made by auditors etc staff development poor a bare minimum or non existent
Pros
Cons
Always off work late staff turnover low morale
It is nice to say you work at the hospital but once you are in it is very difficult to advance up the ranks. You can get stuck in a rut and very little in the way of career prospects, especially as an apprentice.
I currently work with the trust as part as my college placement as a cadet , the trust is a very loving and caring environment . All the staff wishing the trust aim to succeed all exspectations and do so .
As a finance apprentice i was on placement within Bolton NHS Foundation Trust and everyone their is just wonderful and just a joy to work with.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bolton NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.
Bolton NHS Foundation Trust Reviews by Location