Bolton at Home

Bolton at Home Employee Reviews

United Kingdom18 reviews
Very professional. Check guidelines on line to get shortlisted . Ensure prepare well for interview -find out about company from website and the department. Bolton at Home really cares about work life balance and its mission statement to its customers. Strongly recommend this organisation
Was great with regular progress meeting and good feedback but manager left and replacement was worse than useless so had to leave . Was time to shift career anyway
The Work Life Balance is brilliant.

The pay is a decent standard living wage but better what most companies who just scrape over the national minimum wage.

The management treat you with respect instead and like an adult instead of pulling you over for trivial things like taking longer in the toilet than usual or coming back from your break late by 30 seconds or a minute or too.

The management are always focusing on development of employees.(Once you are in a permanent job).

The downside is that there is a culture of favouritism or nepotism and when an internal or external job is lined up for a management favourite, the favourite gets the job and others go through the stress of completing the application form and going through the interview stress with high hopes for no reason.

There are opportunities to socialise with colleagues during away days and special nights out but not enough of teams from different areas socialising on away days.

The in house training courses are very good.
Despite the heavy Union presence - this company is great to work for. The Management are experienced and supportive however, I feel the workforce needs to be upskilled and motivated more.
Pros
Working hours
Cons
Union presence
I feel great to work with such a prestigious organisation as an administrative volunteer. They assuring me to learn more admin skills and gain confidence to start my work.
Pros
Supportive and helpful envit
Cons
Overall review; brilliant workplace, respectful workers, always felt involved. Highly trained workers gave the best demonstrations and examples of the job which gave a great overview on what to do.
Pros
very active and fun
they are a good employer, good flexible working. nice offices, good people, always something to do. continual change. focused on customer service volunteer oppurtunities
good place to work good benefits only downside too many chiefs not enough indians, many of the management have never been or done the job they are over
Pros
good pension
Cons
big brother syndrome
Whilst I was with Bolton at home I didn’t do much work but I was able to observe and learn a lot of new ways to overcome obstacles faced with on the job
I loved gaining a bit of knowledge of how Bolton at home go about helping the community. They where commited to there job title and they where good at what they did. It made it more fun for me that the people I worked with where welcoming.
Pros
Short hours
Cons
Didn’t feel there was any
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bolton at Home?
Each day was different, it depended on what needed doing that that day, some days were busier than others. There was good communication between the employees.
worked here when i was around 14 years old just for work experience, enjoyed it alot everyone was really welcoming was not over run and was sometimes allowed to go home early
Pros
relaxed and welcoming
Cons
boring
Depending where you work in the repairs side of the company it is a great place to work.
To many managers supervision jobs most of which are just clerical workers with big salaries and job descriptions. Most supervisors work on the tools and have no clue what they doing and spend more time trying to make others look bad than doing their own job. Bolton at Home is typical of too many chiefs and not enough Indians. It's also massively over staffed and with the poor management staff are able to take days off whilst they are working partners cover for them the employees at able to spend hours and days sitting in the van with no work due to bad supervision.
Pros
Holidays
Cons
Bad management.
Supporting customers with any assistance they require. This could be benefit assistant with online claims. In major crisis where they suffering poverty or domestic violence. Collate statistical information with regard to what customers use the Ucan for and footfall. Signpost customers to relevant services. Refer customers to services and arrange appointments. Prepare agendas and type minutes. Deal with customers/services by telephone or by email on a daily basis.
Pros
Excellent benefits
i learned business admin skills, i mainly worked independently but my co-worker where always there to help and offer support.
I would do printing and photocopying as well as input data onto the system. With this it increased my computer skills and made me interact with the other colleagues. Furthermore, I would sort the file work out alphabetically and made sure everything was put in the right place.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Basic work
i was only there for a short period but i enjoyed it there it was a good experience. everyday i did different things. i learned a lot more about brick laying and it was not that hard working there. i mostly enjoyed the company people are friendly and are hard workers.
Pros
experience
for the first week, i worked in the gas and heating department.
driving round council houses, cleaning the gas fires checking if the flute was clear, and checking the boiler ratings..

The second week i was on plumbing general repairs