Boeing Employee Reviews

Found 38 reviews matching the search See all 6,139 reviews
Disappointing
Technical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire14 February 2019
I worked for a Boeing subsidiary in 2014-15. I'm sure it would be a fantastic place to work if you're a heterosexual, white male from Hertfordshire - for me though, the everyday racism, sexism, homophobia and antisemitism, in which managers often participated, was just too much, and after spending my childhood impatiently eager to join the Aerospace industry, I very quickly left and re-evaluated my career.
Pros
Technical job, opportunity to work on aircraft
Cons
Low pay compared to colleagues doing identical roles in the US, bully culture
I worked there once!
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol14 December 2018
I worked there once. You either love it or hate it. If you love it you will go far, if you just want a job this is not for you. If you get involved you will be thanked over and above for doing your job.
Okay
Market Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Bristol10 October 2018
Great emphasis on employee development! Very conscious about treating employees well. I was at the company for a year whilst i was on an internship and gained a lot from this experience
A Normal day
End User Applications Support (Former Employee) –  Yeovil25 July 2018
Get in between 7.30 am good day you leave at 4.30 pm mostly 5 pm often 5.45 pm.Constantly monitoring service desk calls that had been assigned to myself as I worked on a remote site I needed to my prioritize tasks my working day ruthlessly . It was vital to have a good working relations with customers anticipating their demands to enable myself to identify difficulties likely to impede a tasks successfully being completed.
Since I left allot of the rolls I did have been automated and most people would not have to work from 7.30 am to 5 pm .
I learned how to set up build a variety of laptops and set up printers also on servers. I used my knowledge to maintain optimum availability of servers to many several 1000's of users and the integrity of the data they needed.
Management listen they follow regulations and try to be fare .
I had limited exposure to the main office as I worked on a satellite site the work place culture was inclusive professional and friendly suite younger worker graduates should do well.
The hardest part of the jobs was juggling priorities with limited resources but this is historical I cannot say what it is like now.
The most enjoyable part the was meeting and supporting the users face to face .
Pros
Good opportunities for Younger workers reasonable salary
Cons
Location North Bristol need check your location I was 30 miles south of Bristol
Not enjoyable
Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Gosport15 July 2018
The most unproductive period of my working life. Poor management. Micro management. Ethically unsound. Could not leave quickly enough. Did not learn anything apart from how not to manage people.
Pros
Some of the people.
Cons
Lots
Boeing Defence Gosport
Supply Management and Procurement Agent (Current Employee) –  Hampshire6 June 2018
Swietna praca z godnym wynagrodzeniem. Odpowiednia rownowaga miedzy praca a zyciem prywatnym, prywatna emerytura, dodatkowe benefity.
Best employer I've ever worked for
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Yeovil2 June 2018
Boeing is an exciting company to work for; they have so much to offer, and employee support is second to none. I am very sad that I am leaving this company. However, as with all good things, it is time to move on and experience new opportunities; something I've learned working for Boeing, be bold and explore every opportunity.
Pros
Employee involvement and support; work-life balance; benefits; Work ethics
Cons
I honestly can not think of any.
Enjoyable, challenging and fun
Programme Manager (Current Employee) –  Staffordshire21 May 2018
Boeing Defence provided a fantastic working environment with a professional and committed team. I have enjoyed my experiences here and been provided the opportunity to both challenge myself and that of the process.
World class company
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Yeovil2 May 2018
It is a company that makes you feel like you are important and your views are vital to the growth of the company; as an employee you are engaged in the operation of the company and have a say in the continuous improvements to lean out procedures and processes to make the business more streamlined and reactive to customer requirements. The culture is forward thinking and without a shadow of a doubt, the best aligned company I've had the honour to work for.
Pros
Enganged and productive workforce
Cons
I honestly can't think of any.
Big corporate business
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol1 May 2018
Running off the back of big Boeing, with all the paper work, but not all the experience. Some of the tools employed actually make the work harder and hinder rather than help. Several things were backwards with the PM doing all the work for many other sections which then plugged that information into their bespoke system. A nightmare PM role.
Pros
training for permanent staff was good
Cons
bureaucracy, non-agile practices, stagnant unconnected leaders.
Good working environment
Architect (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol27 April 2018
Able to work flexibly within acceptable limits. Family friendly and understanding of good work life balance. Very conscious of health and safety - for example no driving while tired or in bad weather
Pros
Friendly, supportive
Cons
Poor man management for some individuals
Fast Paced Environment
Problem & Incident Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stafford19 March 2018
Go get it approach in all aspects of the business.
Encouraged to be self motivated, leaner, keener and sharper.
Positive attitude a must, all hands pulling together
Very productive and interesting place to work. No one day the same.
Logistics Transformation Manager (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol14 March 2018
Ther is no typical day, no one day is the same as another so flexibility and adaptation are the order. I have learned a huge amount in Systems Engineering and ITIL processes. I have also honed my skills as a manager for multiple diciplined and cross functional teams.I have attend many management courses and been enclouraged to learn new skill that enhance teams caoabilities to grow.

My mangement are supportive and encouraging. One team one Boeing is the mantra, this allows everyone to have a voice and it also encourage new and imaginative ideas.

Letting people go or seeing them leave unexpectidely. I try to understand what has happened and feed it back or talk to the indiviual to make sure that they understand as well.

Success, producing the applications or products for the customer knowing that you are making a huge contribution to defence and protecting our country.
Pros
Good salary, benefits and a family oriemntated company.
Cons
Very process driven because of it's size.
Clerical/technical observation (Former Employee) –  Frimley, Surrey5 March 2018
Boeing is a good company with high standards that are met due to the shear dedication and skills of the employees. They’re asked to complete tasks to a certain deadline that will get them good results.
Pros
Friendly staff, well-trained, dedicated
Cons
Long hours, too many meetings
Iconic company
Director (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London9 February 2018
I worked at Boeing between 2003 and 2011 with some of the best people of my career. I learnt a great amount about commercial aviation and was involved in some exciting campaigns, which enabled me to build a strong network within the industry. The central U.S. control loosened during my time which was one of the aims of becoming a global company. Boeing takes its campaigns very seriously and there was always great team working across the business and the application of appropriate resources.
Pros
Challenges, iconic brand, travel
Great Company
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Buckinghamshire7 January 2018
Global Airplane Manufacturer with great ethos and focus on safety. Always looking to improve project delivery methodology and provide good salary with additional benefits.
Good for career development
Contracts representative (Former Employee) –  Gosport7 January 2018
Core admin for a large defence contract. High level meetings daily. Could be a pressured environment. Workplace culture was good for some functions with good management engagement
Pros
Good salary package
Cons
Some poor leadership
Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Frimley, Surrey7 December 2017
Good place to work, lot's of talented people. Hard work is rewarded. Feels a little like a rudderless ship at times as priorities often shift but all in all a good place to work.
Not what it appears
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hampshire1 December 2017
Worked at Boeing 5 years.

took a problem to ethics fully expecting Boeing to deal with it properly. UK management simply made me redundant by moving my job back to USA. Was that the best solution for Boeing UK? No but it did make an embarrassing problem disappear. In other words Boeing UK is a young Boeing company and the management must ensure they stay on the right side of US Boeing. Rather like a naughty child.

Boeing pay well and if you don't believe the ethical rubbish and instead just keep your head down then you can have a highly paid but tough job.
Pros
Tons of awards, access to free education
Cons
long hours, little support, low trust
As a propriator the company worked on many different vehicles
Garage Proprietor (Former Employee) –  East Kent20 November 2017
Working on aircraft was only a part of the type we worked on. The company had the opportunity to work and experience all types of vehicles, machinery and support other contractors.
Pros
every day would be different.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boeing. Our community is ready to answer.

52.4K