Bodycote Employee Reviews

Great Workplace
Furnace Operator (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London26 February 2017
My main role was to ensure that the furnaces were operated in accordance with Health and Safety regulations and standards. I placed the parts that we dealt with into the operating furnace, which I set to specific times. Once set the parts were then sent to the packaging department to be shipped out
Pros
Local
Cons
N.A
Got me further
Finance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Macclesfield, Cheshire7 February 2017
Enjoyed it learned a lot. Challenging. Changing systems and some great people there. Found the business to be very interesting.
Learned a lot, made many friends.
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  West Midlands7 February 2017
The work was varied and interesting and I made many good friends there. The vast majority of clients were great to work with, and I was pleased to be able to help them to complete their orders and delivery schedules.
The downside was that I was completely unappreciated by the management for the many, many years of hard work that I did.
Pros
I enjoyed my work, learnt new skills.
Cons
If the management didn't like you they made sure that you knew it.
Fast pace , rewarding achievements through customers relations
Works Manager (Former Employee) –  Rotherham3 October 2016
Morning PCB board meeting to ensure all key members of Staff know everything about the business changes and customer work flow.
Engage with QA and Production any actions required from the meeting. . Go through all emails to respond to customers ,work colleagues ETC . Sign off any invoices administration duties Complete production report , invoicing and assist with planning . Contact main customers on a daily basis . I learned how to run a buisness from the shop floor level up to Works Manager . Gaining the Manager of the year award 2012 foe UK Europe. Management are very pro active and allowed development of people and growth
.I was able to run the site with any assistance or help i required.
We had a very good team of people who were very loyal until the end .Hardest part was maintaining cost reductiions during a very hard period and bringing the site back from almost closure in 2009.
A buzz from achieving the set goals and KPI over the last 6 years.
Pros
Security and able to progress
Cons
Long hours and weekends
Good employer, fantastic team to work with at the Rotherham site.
Braze Assembler - Dates of Employment (Former Employee) –  Rotherham, ENG10 November 2015
Good employer with a fantastic team to work with at the Rotherham site.

Adaptable employer and committed with machine brazing, grinding, het treatments and welding.
Pros
overtime
good place to work
Coating Technician (Former Employee) –  newport gwent13 October 2015
A good place to work all the co-workers where very easy to get on with, we would start of with a morning meeting with the supervisor letting us know what we were doing for the day, then we go to our work station, set up for the job in hand, we would then grit blast our parts and spray them on a HVOF system, Once they have been sprayed we would measure them with a micrometer to the customers requirements. There i learned a number of skills including measurement training, Manual handling, Gas awareness and 5s. The management were good to work for. The hardest part of the job learning the different aspects of the job. The most enjoyable part was my co-workers, We would go golf together, play 5 aside football which was good.
Pros
free tea/coffee, free pool table and dart board
Cons
cold environment, minimal breaks.
CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT CO-ORDINATOR / HSE (Current Employee) –  Newport, WLS16 June 2015
During my time at Bodycote I have learned many things regarding the industry and the company has been loyal to me during my employment.
Cons
Enjoy working the shift pattern
grinder (Current Employee) –  Stonehouse27 June 2014
Co workers are great to work with.
Shorter commute than previous job.
ok place to work
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Woodford, ENG11 June 2014
In my current role at Bodycote I realise the key elements of effective customer service. I therefore believe I have the skills and confidence to deal with people of all levels.
like working in the dark ages
Engineering Inspector - Oil and Gas Sector (Current Employee) –  Skelmersdale, ENG10 February 2014
not recomended to anyone,more bullying than a school yard goes on
Mon premier CDI
ouvrier polyvalent (Former Employee) –  Neder-over-embeek21 November 2013
J'ai commencé comme intérimaire, j'ai pu accéder à tous les postes dans l'atelier. Le contact avec les collègues et les clients étaient très bien. Bon contact avec la hiérarchie. L'aspect le plus difficile la chaleur et le plus agréable avoir travailler à plusieurs postes.
Pros
Apprendre et apprivoiser un technique méconnue
Cons
La distance
Varied and busy workplace
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Macclesfield, Cheshire11 February 2013
Dealing with incoming phone calls, e-mails and reception.
Answering queries from customers on deliveries and schedules after consulting with the supervisor on the shop floor.
Processing incoming orders received by fax, e-mail or post.
Raising the necessary paperwork to allow despatch of goods, raising invoices and amending this information on the necessary excel spreadsheets.
I enjoyed my role within the company, the work was varied and sometimes challenging.
During my time with the company I was able to do a City & Guilds course to enhance my computer skills which proved very worthwhile.
Pros
free tea/coffee
Review
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Quality Office/Lab10 August 2012
I have a very good work relation ship with Bodycote and i understand they are very happy with my approuch to work.
My attendance at work is very high no sick days in six years.