Boden

Boden Employee Reviews

United Kingdom36 reviews
Was happy working for Boden all this years but was made redundant because of pandemic I have worked everywhere in Boden starting from picking, packing,back orders,returns,back to stock, quality control , town hall sales I would recommend anyone for Boden
Pros
All good
Cons
Managers were mean, didn’t really talk to staff. Targets were distributed fairly. Favouritism with staff. A very fascist manager. No benefits, uniform allowance wasn’t enough as the clothes were so expensive.
The most of people are Polish. There are so many mean, nasty people. I couldnt hit the target, then I realize the best picking list (called singles) are given to the contract people. I saw once a girl with blonde hair that prints picking list when she looked back and checked who was coming and put a very bad picking list on top. The company full of nasty people. I should have taken into consideration what my friends told me. They spent there one day and never come back
Pros
Cons
everything
I was at boden for 2 months and wont recommend working for this company. the shift pattern is Unsociable and management have bad attitude and are rude
In the beginning there was such a nice people with smile on their face but when you do some mistake and something on accident it is problem for them to help you and coworkers and team leaders and shift leaders know to be rude and point finger at you. The hardest part of the job is that you have to and MUST TO be so fast to hit their target in very short time and it is impossible because there are so much people who came from Litvania and Poland and they have privileges not to do what others do and they are sent to do much easier job day after day after day.
great place to work and really helpful in progressing your career training wise.

- fun people

- free breakfast

- summer party

-great place to learn more about a fashion company
Good workplace, had to walk a lot but it was not boring. Very friendly staff and everyone was willing to help if I needed it. Would recommend others to work there. Good salary
Boden was my first job fresh from graduating and what an amazing company it was to be welcomed into the Fashion Industry with!!

With a great induction to welcome you into the brand, along with some cute Boden merchandise, you sure feel excited on your first day knowing you're joining a great company. You also attend weekly training sessions within your first few months on different areas such as health and safety, the story behind the brand, and other sessions relating to your role ie colour and print, fabric basics, travel safety etc.

I started my role as a Garment Tech Admin Assistant (TAA) and although I quickly knew garment tech wasn't for me, it was a great learning curve and helped me learn a LOT about how a fashion brand works and what exactly is expected from all roles in the production side of things.

Boden has a great sense of community, from Thursday drinks to town hall meetings with treats, free breakfast in the mornings and sofas/chill areas in which you're expected to take a 5/10 min break each day to sit and have a tea/coffee and catch up with other team members. Beware however of the biscuit trolley and the constant Birthday/Celebration 'Shuffles' (where teammates bring in sweet treats and cakes for a certain persons big day) as it can be hard to resist and a diet is nearly impossible to follow, ha!

Don't get me wrong, times can get very tough especially coming up to deadlines, and some days you may not even get time for lunch, but this is a common theme within the fashion industry and it's accounted for with the perks and benefits you get whilst
 - more...
horrible company to work for, they lie at the interview to get people to work there. tell you that your doing a good job just to go behind your back and slang you off. Manager just sit they doing nothing and doesn't even speak to you.
An excellent customer service environment.
The Management team, as well as the coaching and mentoring within the teams, was very supportive. It was great to have the opportunity to develop skills there.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Boden?
The offices are amazing and the benefits are great! Including summer parties and a great staff allowance. However there is a poor work/life balance, with early starts (7:30 Monday’s for MAA’s, which most are not informed about until starting the actual job) and lots of late nights. Progression is only easy if you fit into a certain group and if you don’t then you’ll most likely struggle to move up at all. Overall a stressful and tough place to work and wouldn’t recommend unless you enjoy living your whole life focusing and being at your job!
Boden warehouse is top notch, friendly staff and people working there, a good place to work, really tidy having in mind that thats a warehouse work.
Boden is a lovely friendly company to work for. There customer service trainer is fantastic.
Regular feedback is given on your performance which helps you to develop as a person.
its a great place to work the people I work with I love
A great place to work with great energy and a chance to meet new people. Workplace is nice and tidy and the management can be understanding when you have issues and they care for people.
work hard, and never say good words for workers.
promises a higher salary but it's just promises

place to work is clean and comfortable lunch place.

that;s all
people are friendly, nice working environment.. just don't be late more than three times or you will not remain in the company past probation period. management can be bit disorganised though.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
unorganised
Require more flexibility in working time/holidays. Would not want to recommend the company if you value family life. I do not wish to expand on my reasons for leaving the company after almost 11 years.
Pros
N/a
Cons
No promotion and flexibility
Tips?? For the business. Either invest time and money in developing good business practices and really value your staff. Sort the stale atmosphere out in that place and start communicating in a human way to people. Tips?? For people wanting to work there....don't. Unless your desperate and need something short term to get you though.
Pros
Asolutely none.
Cons
Bad managment, very poor pay. Under valued staff. Terrible atmosphere. Trust knowone.
Boden is by far the worst place I have worked . The management there act as if all other staff are dirt off the bottom of their shoe . I worked there for 6 months and witnessed them use employees for their own benefit like labouring to setting up new store before opening and then months later terminating their contracts effortlessly for “other” reasons. The managers do NOTHING and expect the store to be immaculate everyday . The employees are stressed about meeting targets for the store which is unrealistic and out of their control . The pay is terrible for the amount of work and pressure you are put through . I wouldn’t recommend working at boden to my worst enemy.
Cons
Not a very good place to work. Management is constantly monitoring you even if you are on your toilet breaks. If you have 3 lates in 3 months then you are called up for disciplinary. Moral at this company is at a all time low. A lot of good people have left the company as loyalty these days does not count for anything. You have to be very careful what you say in the office.

Systems in the office is outdated and there is constantly a power struggle in the company. You don't get any recognition for the hard work that you put in. Pay in this company is very poor with no career progression.
Pros
Free Clothing Allowance
Cons
Long Hours - Poor pay