Boden Employee Reviews

Require more flexibility
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  csa17 December 2018
Require more flexibility in working time/holidays. Would not want to recommend the company if you value family life. I do not wish to expand on my reasons for leaving the company after almost 11 years.
Pros
N/a
Cons
No promotion and flexibility
Rubbish nowadays!!
Former customer advisor (Former Employee) –  Leicester18 October 2018
Tips?? For the business. Either invest time and money in developing good business practices and really value your staff. Sort the stale atmosphere out in that place and start communicating in a human way to people. Tips?? For people wanting to work there....don't. Unless your desperate and need something short term to get you though.
Pros
Asolutely none.
Cons
Bad managment, very poor pay. Under valued staff. Terrible atmosphere. Trust knowone.
Absolutely disgusting
Style Advisor (Current Employee) –  London24 August 2018
Boden is by far the worst place I have worked . The management there act as if all other staff are dirt off the bottom of their shoe . I worked there for 6 months and witnessed them use employees for their own benefit like labouring to setting up new store before opening and then months later terminating their contracts effortlessly for “other” reasons. The managers do NOTHING and expect the store to be immaculate everyday . The employees are stressed about meeting targets for the store which is unrealistic and out of their control . The pay is terrible for the amount of work and pressure you are put through . I wouldn’t recommend working at boden to my worst enemy.
Cons
Not a very good place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London11 August 2018
Not a very good place to work. Management is constantly monitoring you even if you are on your toilet breaks. If you have 3 lates in 3 months then you are called up for disciplinary. Moral at this company is at a all time low. A lot of good people have left the company as loyalty these days does not count for anything. You have to be very careful what you say in the office.

Systems in the office is outdated and there is constantly a power struggle in the company. You don't get any recognition for the hard work that you put in. Pay in this company is very poor with no career progression.
Pros
Free Clothing Allowance
Cons
Long Hours - Poor pay
Customer Service Assistant
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester16 June 2018
I loved working with Boden! The staff are warm, welcoming and very friendly. You could ask for help from anyone and they will be willing to help, whether it was a silly question or not. I have learnt a lot at Boden, and they have helped me to grow and develop to who I am now. The customers were lovely too, as well as the management. Every day was productive. Good working conditions and it was very clean!
Pros
Friendly staff
Productive environment
Picker (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire3 June 2018
Very good working environment and workers are very friendly. Which made more fun to work in. Payments have been payed on time each week. Training for work was descriptive.
Great team of people
Assistant Designer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London30 May 2018
I learnt so much about organisation and how a larger company works. It was beneficial to have exposure over many different teams - e.g. buying, garment tech and merchandisers. There are lots of fun staff activities such as baking days and wonderful bonuses and incentives like the staff allowance. However, I left because I felt there was no progression and the work hours were far too long.
Pros
Great benefits, wonderful people and job culture
Cons
Work life balance is non existent
Not a good place to work, very stressful
Customer service Advisor (Former Employee) –  London14 September 2017
Most staff are not helpful or friendly. It's all about helping themselves and not about team work. They will monitor absolutely everything you do,from how long you were on your break. How often you go to the toilet etc. If they don't like you for any reason they will make up an excuse to get rid of you. No warning procedures such as if your not keeping on top of your work load or are late for eg. There is no first second or third warning. They fire people for being a few minutes late.
The clothes are nice, but to work there i wouldn't recommend. You do get a discount on clothes while employed there. So that's a bonus.
Pros
Discount on clothes
Cons
Monitor everything you do
Work place every to work
Assistant merchandiser (Former Employee) –  London31 March 2017
I only worked for there for 6 months in merchandising and it was the worst place to work. Management are rude you work from 9am-9pm. Management to not respect the amount of work the lower level put in.
Cons
Long hours, rude management
Good Company
Senior Designer (Current Employee) –  London12 October 2016
I like Boden. It is nice company and the culture is good. I think this starts from the top and permeates down. My experience woking there has been positive.
Customer Service
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Leicester29 August 2016
Customer service advisor. I have learnt alot while at boden. I have been here 8 years and really enjoyed my time. I enjoy interacting with customers and the management are fantastic
Pros
the job
Cons
flexibility shifts
Shocking!!!
Warehouse staff (Current Employee) –  Picking28 June 2016
This place used to be awesome but no longer. In a call centre where there are seven yes seven call centre managers all of who work 8 til 4 or 9 til 5. Most days there are more managers than staff!
The senior managers look down upon the call centre staff. Bonuses for example call centre staff got £100 this year but management got £ nearly £20,000. Not the best at all.
Pros
Free toast
Cons
Poor management
good work
Goods in (Current Employee) –  Leicester30 March 2016
Boden has a great selection of casual and semi-smart clothes which are durable and long lasting. Great location. Can order online and pickup to save on postage costs. Free returns as well! Can;t wait to get my next order
Fun
Photoshoot Assistant (Former Employee) –  North London, ENG11 January 2016
Very productive and fun place to work. Learnt a lot about the ins and outs of working with camera equipment and being behind the scenes.
Pros
Nice people, Good atmosphere, motivational
Not nice people
Pickier, packer (Former Employee) –  Leicester, ENG6 October 2015
Picking and packing products, receiving, moving, checking and storing incoming goods, checking and inspecting goods received and ensuring they are of accurate quantity: type, and also acceptable quality. Packaging and labeling products before they are dispatched. Selecting space for storage and arranging for good to be placed in the designated areas making sure that all inventory processes are completed on the same day. Supervising the work of junior staff. Removing hazardous products from the warehouse.
Cons
Great place and friendly environment to work at.
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Leicester, ENG29 July 2015
Managing staff and daily tasks to employees. Overseeing the production work and making sure all employess were kept active.
An amazing place to work
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Leicester, ENG10 May 2015
Great atmosphere, very friendly, very good working conditions,still enjoy coming to work after 10 years of service. Amazing benefits.Really good place to work.
Pros
we have free tea and coffee, also 3 work parties a year
Cons
Pay could be better
great place too work
Call Centre Advisor (Former Employee) –  Leicester, ENG23 April 2015
full of energy and happy faces and a great team too work with. team leaders and seniors at work very helpful. great lunch area and staff room
Good
Customer Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Leicester, ENG3 February 2014
Great team, great work great years!

Worked there for over 7 years, and had a great work team environment. High job satisfaction to begin, the best part-time jobs ever conducted.

Job security was never an issue, profitable business and sales always increased.

Management was good, upper-management could have been slightly improved.

Some great incentives they were to, and a great discount.

Many thanks Boden!
Pros
Free coffee/tea and toast
Cons
Unsociable hours