BNY Mellon Employee Reviews

Found 154 reviews matching the search See all 3,808 reviews
Productive work experience
Technology Risk Management - Associate (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London4 April 2019
Great workplace. Every day is different and get the opportunity to learn new skills. The most enjoyable part of working at the Bank of New York was the chance to learn.
No flexible working
Director, Producer, Editor (Current Employee) –  London2 March 2019
Though my manager is supportive, the wider management team does not command my respect. They decided to scrap any working from home or working from other BNY locations so there is no flexibility.
Pros
generous pension
Cons
NO flexible working
Awful
Middle office london (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London12 February 2019
BNYM has to be one of the worst places I’ve ever worked . Bullying is rife and allowed to happen regardless if you have a disability, which I have. I’ve met some amazing lovely ppl there, but sadly most of them have left.
Great
Head Front of House (Current Employee) –  Manchester12 February 2019
Great place to work and wonderful team environment .

Hours are perfect for me , the culture is relaxed yet professional and I love working with the clients.
Worst Experience I've Ever Had
Reconciliation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Manchester Central31 January 2019
During my time at the company, I've experienced harassment, bullying and intimidation by managment.

Lack of training and job security/advancement. Management intervene when you apply to other departments, actively stopping career progression. You end up trapped in a job role

Low pay for the amount of work you do, no recognition given, very long hours, low team morale,

If you are going to work here, make sure you know your workers rights and speak up because some horrible things are going here that no one cares about.

On a positive note, some of the colleagues are so supportive and helpful/really take the time to help you out!
Pros
1 Hour Lunch Break
Cons
Corrupt management, long hours, low pay, lack of fairness/equality, unfriendly environment
Good benefits, terrible management
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Manchester10 January 2019
Poor salary, very little opportunity for promotion, poor work/life balance and inept management. Since the new CEO has come to the company, the staff are being asked for more and more commitment with fewer rewards. Attrition levels are bad and vacant roles are not filled with any urgency, putting a phenomenal amount of pressure on often already overworked and undertrained staff.
Pros
Some good benefits
Cons
Poor management, poor development opportunities, poor salary
Job was excellent
Pensions Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, Essex6 January 2019
I thoroughly enjoyed working in the TA part of BNY Mellon in Brentwood.

There was a great close nit family, we enjoyed our work and we were paid OK and had enough holiday

Unfortunately they closed the office and made us all redundant
Pros
Great team spirit
Cons
Redundancy
Terrible place to work
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London4 January 2019
Horrible place to work, senior management have poor people management skill, many will simply not survive in the real world.Everyone is either Manging Director, Director or Vice President, a case of too many chiefs.
Pros
flexible working (however this is being changed for the worse by new CEO)
Cons
Senior Management have little people skills
Great colleagues but morale was low at time of employment
TA Administrator II (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh2 January 2019
I learned how to successfully create pivot tables in Excel, write minutes and collate information for board reports. My colleagues were great but career progression was limited and morale was low at the time due to the downsizing of that particular part of the business.
Pros
Great colleagues, good training, free flu jabs and good medical care
Cons
Low staff morale at time of employment
Awful place to work
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester24 December 2018
Zero training given
Managers do not care
No work life balance as you have to work long hours
No office culture or positive atmosphere
low pay for the work you do and the knowledge required for the role
Alot of people seem to be off with mental health issues
Impossible to get promoted unless you know someone higher up in the company, promotions are not based on skill or knowledge.
Pros
Cons
everything
Excellent Values
Income and Tax Accounts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester11 December 2018
fun and pro active helpful staff, had tremendous ammount of workload but was helped all the way to finish the job. The pay is double during overtime and the people I liased with were very keen to share their knowledge and experiences. Nice tea room aswell.
Pros
long luches in city centre
Terrible
TA Technician (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, Essex23 November 2018
Worked in the Brentwood office for 7+ years - absolutely dreadful place to work! Management dire & overall culture less than desireable. Could not wait to be made redundant.
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Average place to work
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London20 November 2018
Hours were good, culture not great. Work was simple, but not that challening. Good benefits but lower than average pay. Located in Canary Wharf in London
Nice working environment, good people but limited career advancement.
Senior fund administrator (Former Employee) –  Manchester City Centre, Greater Manchester15 November 2018
I worked as fund administrator and despite being very good at it since the start it took me over a year to be promoted as other were waiting before me, not entirely based on skills / quality of work done.
However, I enjoyed my time there, overall it's a nice working environment with good people.
Great starting point
Treasury Confirmation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Manchester13 November 2018
Great starting point for your career, the company as a whole is very organised and training is excellent, salary isn't that good at all and moving outside of departments internally is a taboo particularly in the department Cash, saying that there are some great departments to work for. Generally Grads and school leavers go to for their first and second job.
Pros
Training
Cons
Salary progression
Experience
Investment Accountant (Former Employee) –  Spinningfields13 November 2018
Besides the work hours, the company was a great place to work in. The training was very organised and frequent overtime opportunities were available. Work/Life balance was not at all good.
productive
INVESTMENT TRUST ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London20 September 2018
I enjoyed my time here over the 12 years and met many people and learnt a lot of skills which I hope to take with me to my next role.
I learnt a lot about how the fund accounting structure works and was able to work with numerous clients.
Working at BNYMellon
vault supervisor (Former Employee) –  City of London, Greater London19 September 2018
Management easy to approach if you have any work of personal issues, not always helpful in providing help if work loads hit high peaks. Staff helpful and friendly will always try to assist if they can
Pros
management easy to approach
Cons
Pay rises few and far between
fun place to work at
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London15 September 2018
very fun, doesn't feel like work friendly staff felt very comfortable straight away would certainly recommend!! also excellent location not too much of a walk from the station
Pros
free lunches
Nice atmosphere
Level 1 DSD Analyst (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester6 September 2018
overall a decent place to work , not much chance to progress , the more technical jobs seem to go to india , the pay is quite good for this sort of role
Pros
a good level of pay
Cons
chances of progression are low

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BNY Mellon. Our community is ready to answer.

41.2K