BNY Mellon Employee Reviews

Lack of decision-making will or ability across the organisation
Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London20 March 2018
Lack of decision-making will or ability across the organisation. A lot of senior managers with very long tenures who just want to hold on to their little empires.
Good Culture
OPERATIONAL RISK ANALYST | INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom19 March 2018
Overall, the organisation has a good culture. Tone from the top is very good and management does practice what it preaches. They encourage you to challenge the status quo.
Great as a starting point for a career
Reconciliation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester18 March 2018
Great as a starting point for a career,
Great two week induction to the job,
Nice team,
Not satisfying salary
Been offered a promotion without a pay rise
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Salary
Worst place I have worked by far
Corporate Actions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Manchester14 March 2018
The pay was just over minimum wage yet you are often expected to stay until 9pm. I asked for training on the company's computer system which my manager said 'we look for self starter's in this company' and didn't give any training. Management will talk down to you in front of other colleagues. Awful company and I left without having another job. Very big cliques and bullying. HR didn't care when told.
The only week I enjoyed working with BNY Mellon was the training week at the beginning where I learnt a lot. When I joined my department it was all downhill. Very high turn over of staff, unsurprisingly.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, poor salary, no training, awful management
Great Company to work for
Corporate Actions Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, Essex6 March 2018
Enjoyed the time with BNY always looked after the staff. Provided support both for work and personal.

Family friendly working enviroment.

I worked a shift pattern that fitted with family.
BNY Mellon
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London25 February 2018
Excellent company to work for forward thinking, Pro active and will to invest in staff and their future. BNY Mellon has a great culture of assisting staff in working in different parts of the business to help future their careers
Pros
Pensions, Free health check and support, plenty more than I can list
Cons
For me to much travelling
Good team
Pricing & Valuations Administrator (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, Essex19 February 2018
Worked as a pricing specialised so always had very busy afternoons with very tight daily deadlines, although good team support. However did not feel there was any advancement.
Pros
Good Team
Cons
Career prospects
Productive and Challenging Work Place
Temp Investment Support Executive (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh14 February 2018
BNY Mellon was a great place to work, Unfortunately the department I was in is now longer there.

The Trust they gave in their staff was incredible.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Short Term
Productive and fun workplace
Team Manager - Permanent Contract (Former Employee) –  Brentwood6 February 2018
I worked at this company for eight years and enjoyed my time there - it gave me a wealth of experience in the finance industry and has helped shape my career to date
great place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fund accountinmanageg29 January 2018
only reason I left was because the role became redundant and went to manchester.
The hours were long but the people and culture were excellent. the pension was finally salary which was very competitive
Pros
good pension
Cons
Not a recommended place to work
Investment Administrator (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester9 January 2018
Stressful deadline driven environment where management often pass the buck. Poor compensation and career advancement option. Poorly run organisation - In Manchester anyway.
Not too bad but a bit dull.
Internship (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 January 2018
Interned in Securities Lending.
Not too bad but not what I wanted to do. People were friendly and managers were kind. Did lots of regulatory analysis which was a bit tedious.
Improve the culture...
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 January 2018
Too many average people in the Sr. Management. Mindset is very narrow. Lack of equal opportunity culture; discrimination and racism are present in certain areas of the bank. HR is not influential or not effective.
Fun place to work
Performance Analyst (Temp Contract) (Former Employee) –  Leeds5 December 2017
Everyday is different depending on the workload. When training, it is hard to learn as information is not explained thoroughly.
Better training needs to be provided.
Fun and energetic workplace. Friendly team and colleagues.
Pros
Free fruit, social events
Cons
High workload, fast paced, poor training, poor salary
Fun work place
Quantitative and Qualitative Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Manchester Central2 November 2017
Great atmosphere and colleagues to work with. Enjoy the work here with great management.

The pay isn't the greatest but this is compensated by the general work life working at the bank.

Learn a lot on the job and get brilliant training which can then be applied to future careers.
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
Pay
Very good work-life balance, great environment to work
EMEA Corporate Trust Financial Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London21 October 2017
I was working at the EMEA Corporate Trust Analytics group for 19 months. The job was demanding with few quiet periods. The team culture was like a family with great collaboration across the team members. The manager was not constantly checking your work which shows that he trusts your judgement.
Young workforce
Desktop Support Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester19 October 2017
The Manchester office had a demographic of 18-35 which made the office vibrant and exciting. Progress was hard earned but those who were dedicated would succeed.
Professional and Motivating
Sales Executive / Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London12 October 2017
Professional and motivating. BNY Mellon's culture encourages personal development and career progression. Throughout the organisation, individuals engage clients and deliver excellence.
Inept managers
Global Vice President & Team Leader (Former Employee) –  London2 October 2017
My manager was frequently asking me to help her to perform her role and I felt she was in over her head most of the time. She also kept hiring her friends from outside of the bank who were inexperienced or unsuitable for the roles which caused bad feeling within the wider team.
Pros
Canary wharf is a nice place to work!
Cons
Long hours and expected overtime
Great working environment
N/A (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester25 September 2017
The company has a friendly and challenging working environment with plenty of opportunities to develop and progress.
Working hours can vary depending on the role and department but generally offers a balance between work and personal life

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BNY Mellon. Our community is ready to answer.