BNY Mellon
Coronavirus update
Information from BNY Mellon:

BNY Mellon Employee Reviews

United Kingdom196 reviews
Pays below the Manchester Industry standard, but is a good starting place for entry level candidates to learn about Banking and office life. Thank you
Training is good and presenting back to the team about complexities of a particular corporate action you were involved in helps learning. However, quite often people are so busy that there is no time to show you how to complete a task or receive guidance which made my time there quite stressful. Poor atmosphere also as everyone always seemed under the kosh. High staff turnover was largely down to people gaining the experience here and then migrating down to London to do the same job for perhaps three times the salary paid here.
Mellon was a great place to work; BNY made the place less fun, and you were very much a number to the Management team. Overlaid with pointless and meaningless processes for the sake of having processes. Tedious.
Loved working for an inclusive and collaborative company. man great opportunities to work in other counties and the on site befits are truly amazing. Great Team!!
The business are very welcoming and accommodating, within my short space of time with the company, felt very at ease. The business is in the heart of London, so has a very professional feel
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
An enjoyable role with a collaborative team and good management structure. There was sufficient opportunity to move internally and progress ones career.
Ideal para personas con familia con pocas aspiraciones de promoción.
Within my temporary position at BNY mellon they did not hire staff efficiently as there was no work to complete and they made everyone aware that they would not be able to receive a permanent role right away even if they were outstanding at their job whilst not confirming this during the interview when asked. The best part of BNY mellon is that they pay very fairly for the administration roles offered.

Due to there being more staff than necessary the environment is very relaxed however this results in management and staff delaying and putting off simple tasks in the workplace. An example of the above would be during my entire time in the role I was not even provided with a pass for the building instead I had a temporary pass for the first week and every time after this I had to be let in by a colleague.

As a result of the far too laid back attitude this makes trying to do your day to day job tedious as it is often held up by other staff and other departments which can be frustrating when you are just trying to complete a simple task.
If you work hard, you can usually leave time. People are friendly. Easy to get to the office as good transport links. Although like alot of companies they are looking to move roles outside of the capital..
Pros
Work life balance really good
Cons
Know people in high places and you will be fine
This a great company to develop yourself and your skills. What you learn will help you take your business knowledge to the next level in terms of understanding the varieties of income generator a client can engage in.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at BNY Mellon?
Good people (at the time) lots to do, plenty of collaboration, if you want to get on you'll need to work hard and get involved in multiple opportunities.
The bank is going through a period of change which is agressively chasing efficiencies. As such it has become a challenging place to work especially on Management level. Expectations are high to meet demands
Paid extremely little for such a high risk job. Asked daily to come in early and leave late without any kind of benefit or appreciation; in fact, quite often working 4-5 hours more than contracted and still told by management we weren't doing enough. Not enough employees for the work required, with management only interested in bottom line figures, and everything else including financial risk and breaches put on hold while they attempt to make a profit and put pressure on employees. Not enough words to describe the ineptitude of the management at Pershing, BNY.
Its a good place to work with a really friendly and open atmosphere. There are internal opportunities if you work well in your current role. The pace of change is a bit slow and technology is not always a focus.
Hard work always pays off well. Opportunity is always been given to all for progression and hard work always got identified and rewarded. Great benefits and socials
Too many poor decisions around implementation in US. lots of money wasted and senior management too poor to be able to change culture of the company.
I am sure this will change, as for most of 20 years there it has been a great to place work
With New management coming in from Top dow, there are a few changes expected, New management lines and Investmenyts in technology .
waiting to see impact of ne trends.
It was good but at times frustrating with the amount of red tape. Good company but slow culture at times. Not enough change for me and could do with some fresh blood.
I've had many contracts since becoming a contractor in 2001 and BNYM was quite simply the best contract role I've ever had. Great people, challenging but professional and very pleasant to work with.
BNY Mellon is an excellent place to work with experienced and collaborative teams and diverse and inclusive workplace culture. The working environment is very fast-paced with lots of change to absorb, which I enjoyed the most. The management utilizes coaching techniques appropriately and I enhanced my own coaching skills which I find very useful while dealing with peers and direct reports.
Pros
Diverse and inclusive environment
Cons
Still not enough women in managerial positions
Underpaid and overworked in most departments, progression chances are low. Not alot of flexibility of working from home etc despite personal laptopsissued