BNY Mellon Employee Reviews

productive
INVESTMENT TRUST ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London20 September 2018
I enjoyed my time here over the 12 years and met many people and learnt a lot of skills which I hope to take with me to my next role.
I learnt a lot about how the fund accounting structure works and was able to work with numerous clients.
fun place to work at
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London15 September 2018
very fun, doesn't feel like work friendly staff felt very comfortable straight away would certainly recommend!! also excellent location not too much of a walk from the station
Pros
free lunches
Nice atmosphere
Level 1 DSD Analyst (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester6 September 2018
overall a decent place to work , not much chance to progress , the more technical jobs seem to go to india , the pay is quite good for this sort of role
Pros
a good level of pay
Cons
chances of progression are low
Very tight with thei purse strings.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  London28 August 2018
Long hours and responsibilities way beyond pay grade. Despite that always made to feel like you 're not good enough. Great culture and great talent but under appreciated and under paid by the business.
Pros
Secure-ish
Cons
Long hours, low pay.
Great people, low salary
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Manchester9 August 2018
Camaraderie of colleagues is the company's greatest strength. It needs to match this by paying employees the market value.

The senior management team are not in touch with the lower ranks.
Pros
Team spirit
Cons
low pay
A job where you can develop skills to work in a team
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Ilfov30 July 2018
a job where you can develop abilities to work in a team but without rewarding depressed work values.A job where you can develop communication, convincing, and compelling skills
I have only been here for about two months, but it seems pretty good so far
Full time employment (Current Employee) –  Manchester20 June 2018
As a private person who is not a millionaire (or an accountant), I hadn't heard of the company before I stumbled across them during my job search, but they seem like a pretty good employer.
Most everyone is very lovely and helpful, good teamwork going on, everyone is always happy to help one another out. Really you just have to read the "pros" and "cons" I mentioned to get a pretty good impression of the place, at least from the viewpoint of someone who has been here for not quite two months.
Pros
Good working hours, friendly colleagues, decent pay, very nice offices in central location, free coffee, on site caffeteria, nice benefits system, 12% pension contributions, volunteering days
Cons
Could maybe offer a few more holodays, otherwise nothing I have noticed so far
very nice work place
European client servicing (Former Employee) –  Swindon7 June 2018
A very nice place to work with great people. Good management and lot lern. Everyone seems to be busy on their computer , very good timing for a day to day job.
Very stressful environment due to trading risks
Settlements Administrator (Former Employee) –  Manchester23 May 2018
My eyes used to be glued to the two computers all day. I used to forget to take a break to get a drink or go to bathroom sometimes due to work being so busy.

Our team never planned any team building activities.
Pros
weekdays 9 to 5, no weekend work or late evenings in the department I worked in. Located in town, loads of public transport options
Cons
Had to do 3 or 4 peoples' work sometimes, due to staff on leave (planned and sickness) on a very low income, Too stressful at times due to daily market deadlines
Not great
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester21 May 2018
Its a bank and therefore the work is very repetitive. BNY Mellon is a large company there their are a number of opportunities, however to obtain these opportunities the work life balance is often sacrificed, requiring excessive hours of overtime.
Solid work experience for an Investment Bank
Head of Major Incident Management (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London9 May 2018
Demanding environment aligned to expectations of an Investment Bank. Collaboration with global colleagues is a plus and the company invests in employees.
Pros
Flexible working, Salary, Location, collaboration.
Cons
Long hours.
Difficult and draining
Reconciliation Control Clerk (Current Employee) –  Manchester7 May 2018
Typical day - Time would usually fly by and you're grasping at the time for it to slow down due to constant high work volumes. Learning - I have learnt to improve my Excel skills (Vlookup). It became very important that at the end of the day you need to take care of your mental health before anything else.
Management - Not listening to staff, workload unfairly distributed and overall moral is very low.
The hardest part of the day - Leaving the office on time.
The most enjoyable part - Overtime pay.
Pros
Overtime pay increase
Cons
Long hours, low moral, management vague answers, high stress job
Starting point
Specialist Client Processing (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester3 May 2018
BNY Mellon was a good starting point in my career.
A foot in the door so to speak, the downside to working there was the corporate environment and the archaic systems!

Learnt a lot and would recommend to a younger audience as a starting point to assist you feeding into a more prominent position elsewhere.
Pros
Social aspect
Cons
Corporate environment
Motivational and driven working environment
Section Manager - Settlements (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester22 April 2018
Great company to work for. Management work with employees on helping them develop and always looking at succession planning as a key priority for all staff
Pros
management, training, working environment
Cons
It systems very outdated
Impressive organisation
Bid Writer (Former Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London5 April 2018
However, no much team bonding/personal interaction.

I thought the team were talented but were being underutilized and the job wasn't very challenging for me personally.
Pros
Basic hourd
Cons
No team bonding
Lack of decision-making will or ability across the organisation
Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London20 March 2018
Lack of decision-making will or ability across the organisation. A lot of senior managers with very long tenures who just want to hold on to their little empires.
Good Culture
OPERATIONAL RISK ANALYST | INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom19 March 2018
Overall, the organisation has a good culture. Tone from the top is very good and management does practice what it preaches. They encourage you to challenge the status quo.
Great as a starting point for a career
Reconciliation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester18 March 2018
Great as a starting point for a career,
Great two week induction to the job,
Nice team,
Not satisfying salary
Been offered a promotion without a pay rise
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Salary
Worst place I have worked by far
Corporate Actions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Manchester14 March 2018
The pay was just over minimum wage yet you are often expected to stay until 9pm. I asked for training on the company's computer system which my manager said 'we look for self starter's in this company' and didn't give any training. Management will talk down to you in front of other colleagues. Awful company and I left without having another job. Very big cliques and bullying. HR didn't care when told.
The only week I enjoyed working with BNY Mellon was the training week at the beginning where I learnt a lot. When I joined my department it was all downhill. Very high turn over of staff, unsurprisingly.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, poor salary, no training, awful management
Great Company to work for
Corporate Actions Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, Essex6 March 2018
Enjoyed the time with BNY always looked after the staff. Provided support both for work and personal.

Family friendly working enviroment.

I worked a shift pattern that fitted with family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BNY Mellon. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K