BMJ Employee Reviews

Joined BMJ in Jan 2014 to develop and launch a new product suite into the NHS secondary care market. Spend 3-5 months meeting NHS senior staff to build awareness and gain support for the products as well as listen to client needs from the product. Convinced BMJ to invest time and funds into development in June 2014. Prototype demonstrated on 7th November 2014. BMJ board decided to change tack and focus only on primary care business in 2015 on 21st November 2014. I was therefore made redundant. The one thing I would change if I had my time with BMJ again is to work harder on internal self promotion with senior (board level) management, and not rely on this being done for me by my line management. I do not feel that the board at BMJ understood the opportunity at hand and its potential for 2015. I had a potential pipeline of £500K plus of new recurring business. this is greater than all the primary care business BMJ has outside of journals.
Pros
Great working environment full of ideas and potential
Cons
Poor internal communications and internal politics
BMJ is a nice place to work and people I am working with are friendly and helpful. The benefits for employees are very good.
A typical day at work consists in responding to emails and making sure the renewals of journals are coming in smoothly and those that are, are being accounted for!I have gained more experience on Salesforce and Lotus Notes.My Co workers are lovely i have met many temps so it is interesting to find out what they do outside of work and what their goals are!It can become quite monotonous.I love gaining new experience and my boss is very nice!
Pros
nice building, great boss, nice colleges, gaining experiance in salesforce, great hours 9-5
Cons
can be boring at times.