BMI Healthcare Employee Reviews

Low morale, loads of staff leaving
Employee (Current Employee) –  Eastbourne, East Sussex27 April 2018
Used to be such a great place to work but has now gone really downhill.
Everyone including managers are moaning, low morale. More and more is being asked of you. Having to go home when not busy and make time up another time. Loads of really good staff members have left and now leaving those of us who are stuck. Not sure why anyone would want to work here... Wouldn't surprise me if it closed.
Pros
Nice colleagues
Cons
Going down the pan
Organised Chaos
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  B.M.I.Hillington26 March 2018
Never got past the the training as it was a shambles, multi screens and amount of info got to retain for the lowest salary in a call centre at 14.5K thats why they highlight the bonus as if some super bonus incentive it really just brings your wage to a competitive figure like other call centres, Catch is there not always met especially with new starts all about wages down and company profits, Honestly I dont know how they retain staff on such a low wage
Pros
none was there long enough to find any
Cons
low wages
Would not recommend
Patient Administrator (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen17 February 2018
Dead end job, Stressful, not appreciated, the pay is rubbish and there is no real support from management. So glad I left best decision I’ve made only wish I’d done it sooner.
Pros
Amount of holidays I got
Cons
Low Pay
Motivating place to work
Radiographer (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire15 February 2018
Your area of working is defined by the rota, you work across all modalities , learning lots from colleagues and Radiologists. Time investment from team leads , senior colleagues and line manager to help you develop.
Great training opportunities to progress my career
Getting to spend more time to patients in this setting
Pros
Free healthcare, opportunities to train and develop
Cons
Sometimes too many late shift
Enjoyable place to work
Senior HCA (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire15 February 2018
Enjoyable place to work that is giving me the opportunity to develop my skills on a daily basis and gain qualifications. Colleagues and Line Manager are really supportive of my study time and mentoring me.
Pros
Great training and development opportonuites
I work in a different hospital......
HCA (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire15 February 2018
I don't recognize the other reviews....I have worked at Three Shires for many years and whilst its not perfect it is one of the best hospitals I have worked at. I can only offer my opinion but there is a genuine willingness to learn, staff are supported and whilst the hospital is busy aren't all hospitals. my manager is brilliant and encouraging and is supporting my training, better still she is paying for it as well.
Pros
convenient, great team
management to clique
ex employee (Former Employee) –  Northampton22 January 2018
Former employee.
. Management are bullies. If you dont comply. They find away to make your job impossible. If a grievance is undertaken,
they do not follow acas guide lines. believe senior members over lower grades staff. who are under investigation. pointless putting in greivence in first place.
Staff treated badly and are undervalued hence high turn over of staff. In general staff work hard and are well trained .

It's management and that needs to be replaced. to boost moral and treat staff with respect. put patients care pathway first not penny pinching.
Pros
training excellent
Cons
change Management
Poor management
Patient administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire19 January 2018
The people who I worked with were professional and very supportive. Moral has really gone down in the last year or two due to management. My manager was not interested in managing us and we also had a different manager frequently, none of them knew what job we did and were not interested in finding out. The company on the whole is old fashioned and not moving forward at all which has become more noticeable since I left.
Their ethos now is if you are not happy then leave, which I find to be a very ineffective way to run a company. They do not value experienced staff with a huge amount of knowledge.
I would not recommend working here.
Pros
The staff are very good at what they do.
Cons
Poor management
Work Experience is good.
Pharmacy Technician (Intern) (Current Employee) –  Glasgow14 January 2018
I work here as an intern majorly after school hours and I love it. Not only does it give me a different perspective from the NHS but I get to meet new people and work with different chemicals than I might in a different hospital.
Two in one. Friendly and helpful staff and poor management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  BMI garden Hendon-London13 January 2018
Worked for 4 years in BMI GARDEN in Hendon as security officer. Was asked to do: cleaning of theatres and recovery rooms and two toilets never to mention the canteen. You would never believe it was Dr’s and managers having their lunches and brakes there even children wouldn’t be as messy as they were. Also had to fill all wards bed sheets towels etc, filling gas cylinders, moving patient from room to room as well as covering reception. They don’t know how to say thanks just tell you off. I left the work with an open email. All staff have called and thanked me after I left but after two months management started going to old habits. Friendly housekeeping and nurses but far from Dr’s and management.
Pros
Nothing for free
Cons
Long hours short staffed
The grass is not greener
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen11 January 2018
The grass is not greener working in the private sector. Moving from NHS to private I thought work morale and management would be better. Im sad to say thats not the case,
Bad management
Porter (Former Employee) –  Rochdale14 December 2017
Started here few month back went into work and was sick got sent home and told to not return by management by voicemail. Managers have more days of than days in. As a porter you are a housekeeper not a porter not properly trained
Pros
Cons
Bad management if your face doesnt fit
Good
Helpline Advisor (Current Employee) –  GLASGOW28 November 2017
Good company, regular charity days, relaxed, good management, pay ok, pension, private health cover,..................................................
Fun workplace
Helpline Advisor (GP Hotline) (Former Employee) –  Glasgow4 November 2017
Busy with a large volume of incoming phone calls. I improved my medical terminology training. Management is amazing threw dinner party for the 10th year anniversary withing the premises. Management is really amazing in feedback and training. I do not consider the salary too good...Hardest part of the job is the gap of between hospitals and the call center in providing customer service. The most enjoyable part of the job are the friendly colleagues.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
salary not good enough targets way too high
Awful
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheadle, Cheshire22 October 2017
Awful management in some areas unhelpful and out dated leadership very difficult to be part of a team that has been stagnated since the hospital was built.

Certainly didn't want to see staff develop very clicky in some areas also I encountered some unfriendly staff with views that male staff shouldn't work there.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Very difficult to be part of the team
Dead end job
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sussex21 October 2017
A recent review of administration roles has made staff feel very undervalued. Avoid this place. Workload is unmanageable and unrealistic. No matter how glossy the advert is, this place is dreadful to work for. Mangers just do not have an idea in what is going on and communication is very bad.
Ok to work for, if you just want a dead end job for a little money. Do not apply if you want career development or want to make a difference.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
Poor management
Avoid this place at all costs
Helpline Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hillington15 October 2017
Shocking level of Training, Managers are a waste of time, thrown out of busy without notice, constantly pulled up for not hitting targets, staff are treated like a number and not as a human being
Pros
Cons
the job is a con
Completely unsupportive employer
Manager (Former Employee) –  London10 October 2017
Very reactive and vindictive place to work. There is a widespread culture of bullying and harassment if you don't "fit in " impossible to make positive changes which is very depressing
BMI healthcare, Birmingham, United Kingdom
Regional Billing Officer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands26 September 2017
Good place to work at, lovely people, always helpful.
Quality Services
Was more of a stepping stone for me until I could get the job I always wanted.
Poor management and benefits.
Fun workplace
Instrument cooedinater (Current Employee) –  Stepney Green Station25 September 2017
Its a good place with fantastic staff that are very exciting and competitive to work with.Its also a place that pays well and a very proffesional enviroment.
Pros
Good staff