BMI Healthcare Employee Reviews

Excellent place
Healthcare Assistant / Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Bromley, Greater London6 November 2018
BMI Healthcare are a fantastic employer to work. The staff and management are very helpful and friendly. I would definitely reccommend them as a employer.
good team
HCA/Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset31 October 2018
you don't get to move up the ladder and your not paid very well ,a greedy company , ok for short term , they send you home when quite and then you owe them loads of hours
Pros
free heath care
Cons
bad pay
Shocking
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carmarthen, Carmarthenshire26 October 2018
Not as impressive as the advert suggests.
Very poor emphasis on the way staff are treated - more emphasis on admitting as many patients as possible!!!
Pros
Cons
Poor shocking management
Manager is crappie
Imaging assistant (Former Employee) –  London30 September 2018
They should give a proper induction training and practical training as they only show you what you will be doing in your second day and leave you like a dog. They want you to learn in your 3 or 4 day straight away!! There is a lot to take in as you have to remember everything like doing paper works, stocking, especially assisting injection the manager just want you to shadow someone else but you don’t even understand what they are doing as you have to do filling up form an no one explain you how! So frustrated! Manager is not helpful at all.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
8 hours
good
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield28 August 2018
good staff food is brillent on time clean kitchens anything from sunday lunch to pulled pork wrap salads fresh fruit and veg hot and cold drinks all delived to your room
Pros
free lunch
Cons
good hours
awful
Previous Employment (Former Employee) –  Droitwich, Worcestershire21 August 2018
theatre staff not including management are absolutely amazing. really lovely people and deserve the world. shame about the management in the whole hospital who have no staff appreciation and only care about money. all staff is over worked and very under paid.
Cons
rubbish pay
Avoid at all costs
Helpline Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hillington, Glasgow2 August 2018
I worked for BMI Healthcare in the national enquiry centre as a helpline advisor. I would not recommend this job to anyone. The job itself is tedious, very repetitive and no praise from management when you succeed; only criticism when you fail. The wage is laughable, and they make bonus unreachable for most teams. Also information I had provided in confidence to senior staff was never kept in confidence, it found its way around the office. Very unprofessional. I don’t have anything good to say about this company, avoid at all costs.
Pros
Cons
Wages, bullying staff, no room for progression
very corporate
Process Manager (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire1 August 2018
I had clear objectives, a clear structure and a strong Line Manager to give me a sense of direction.
I was concerned about the Culture as the staff were generally unhappy with the morale in the Hospital.
For me the hardest part of the job was achieving so many great things, but getting little recognition or praise for doing so.
There were long hours at times, but this was to be expected in this type of environment.
Pros
free tea and coffee
Cons
quite a ruthless management team
Not worth the wage
Helpline advisor (Former Employee) –  Hillington, Glasgow6 July 2018
Luckily I’m no longer there. I left on good terms before you think I’m a disgruntled ex employee. Having worked here for over 4+ years I can honestly say don’t do it. The wage is shockingly low for a private healthcare company. Since I was there the question about the wage going up always pops up in surveys. Same answer every year....they’re looking into it and then they actually tell you that compared to other places we actually pay more(lies as of now it’s national minimum wage).

No loyalty for long standing members of staff. If I was to walk through the doors in 6 months time I’d be on the same wage and holiday allowance I was in when I left. Although from when I was leaving they’re only hiring people under the age of 25 as they don’t have to pay them as much.

Monthly bonus? Good luck they always find a way of cheating you out of it! Promotion? What’s that? very limited chance of it happening so don’t hold out hope. The managers pals get the job first.

The company use to be all about patients and the staff used to matter but now the staff are just numbers(easily replaceable) and have turned into drones being made to upsell and obtain pretty much every single detail of a customers life otherwise you lose points on your call scoring.

There was a bit of turmoil with a dodgy top boss last year and I still think the company is trying to rebuild from that but that is no excuse for the drastic changes recently.
Pros
Your team! They’ll be just as miserable as you and you’ll bond through that. The hours are good too
Cons
The wage, the bonus, the job is repetitive, the training isn’t the best
Average
Senior Staff Nurse - Paediatrics (Current Employee) –  Basingstoke4 July 2018
BMI are an average company to work for. However, they have just been sold off and we are unsure of what will become of the company in the future
The staff I work with directly are very good
Pros
Private Health Cover. Pension
Cons
No easy route for enhancement
Nice staff, poor management
Hospital porter (Current Employee) –  Goring by Sea14 June 2018
Minimum wage for increasing responsibilities. Work hard all month for no thanks and then receive a poor pay packet that is normally wrong and not in your favour.
Pros
Good staff and patient relations
Cons
Poor managent style
Enjoy working at BMI
Patient Administrator (Current Employee) –  Chertsey, Surrey30 May 2018
I enjoy working at BMI and have done for the past 6 years. I have moved to Salisbury, therefore would like employment nearer to home.
I’ve had numerous opportunities at BMI to enhance my skills which I have jumped to the challenge. The whole hospital has a real family vibe which the patients pick up on and love and regularly return if further surgery needed.
Pros
Great team work
Terrible place to work
Person (Former Employee) –  Droitwich Spa, Worcestershire29 May 2018
Lack of support from management. Indifference towards staff. Expected to perform multiple roles. Workplace culture very negative with very high staff turnover. I would not recommend anyone to work here. Management are bullies.
Goods and bads....money is pants though
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Kent7 May 2018
Have worked Bank and Contract with BMI. Money is dire. Management in parts clueless and ignore valuable experience and insight from frontline staff. Have worked multiple roles to cover sickness and often perform 3 or 4 roles with no reward. Some amazing people work at BMI.
Pros
close to home
Cons
Long hours, awful money, moral, management
Low morale, loads of staff leaving
Employee (Current Employee) –  Eastbourne, East Sussex27 April 2018
Used to be such a great place to work but has now gone really downhill.
Everyone including managers are moaning, low morale. More and more is being asked of you. Having to go home when not busy and make time up another time. Loads of really good staff members have left and now leaving those of us who are stuck. Not sure why anyone would want to work here... Wouldn't surprise me if it closed.
Pros
Nice colleagues
Cons
Going down the pan
Organised Chaos
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  B.M.I.Hillington26 March 2018
Never got past the the training as it was a shambles, multi screens and amount of info got to retain for the lowest salary in a call centre at 14.5K thats why they highlight the bonus as if some super bonus incentive it really just brings your wage to a competitive figure like other call centres, Catch is there not always met especially with new starts all about wages down and company profits, Honestly I dont know how they retain staff on such a low wage
Pros
none was there long enough to find any
Cons
low wages
Would not recommend
Patient Administrator (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen17 February 2018
Dead end job, Stressful, not appreciated, the pay is rubbish and there is no real support from management. So glad I left best decision I’ve made only wish I’d done it sooner.
Pros
Amount of holidays I got
Cons
Low Pay
Motivating place to work
Radiographer (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire15 February 2018
Your area of working is defined by the rota, you work across all modalities , learning lots from colleagues and Radiologists. Time investment from team leads , senior colleagues and line manager to help you develop.
Great training opportunities to progress my career
Getting to spend more time to patients in this setting
Pros
Free healthcare, opportunities to train and develop
Cons
Sometimes too many late shift
Enjoyable place to work
Senior HCA (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire15 February 2018
Enjoyable place to work that is giving me the opportunity to develop my skills on a daily basis and gain qualifications. Colleagues and Line Manager are really supportive of my study time and mentoring me.
Pros
Great training and development opportonuites
management to clique
ex employee (Former Employee) –  Northampton22 January 2018
Former employee.
. Management are bullies. If you dont comply. They find away to make your job impossible. If a grievance is undertaken,
they do not follow acas guide lines. believe senior members over lower grades staff. who are under investigation. pointless putting in greivence in first place.
Staff treated badly and are undervalued hence high turn over of staff. In general staff work hard and are well trained .

It's management and that needs to be replaced. to boost moral and treat staff with respect. put patients care pathway first not penny pinching.
Pros
training excellent
Cons
change Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BMI Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.