BMI Healthcare Employee Reviews

Endoscopy Great place to work!!
HCA Endoscopy (Former Employee) –  Canterbury10 March 2019
Endoscopy Canterbury is a great team to work with . Amazing supportive staff, Good levels of training, Great structure, Always totally professional ., Staff show so much compassion for their patients and have great communication skills.
Pros
Great training. Lovely people
You get out what you put in!
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Three Shires25 January 2019
I have worked at Three Shires for many years. If you're looking for a job where you can do a good days work and leave feeling like you have made a difference, have a positive outlook and approach to work and a can do attitude, you'll enjoy it here. Three shires is now rated 'good' by the CQC.- The people here are great- one big family!
Pros
Environment/ people/workload
Cons
Some negative staff
(Un)professional job
Healthcare assistant (Former Employee) –  Ross Hall10 January 2019
I was offered HCA job then turned up & it hand changed to bank HCA! I was made to bandage my wrists as I have rose tattoos. This made me feel as if my skills as a HCA were for nothing. I have a HNC in healthcare with an A grade in my graded unit. I felt so depressed as I was do excited to have a "proper job at a posh hospital" however I was treated like garbage. Also irregular hours, no structure, noone has a clue about giving our staff hours and you are sent home after turning up because well they apparently don't need staff at all.

Disappointing. I will not even return as a patient even if my life depended upon it.
Pros
Free water
good company
Mobile Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London8 January 2019
very good company to work for, very organised in a challenging environment, hygiene is to an excellent standard, staff are very kind and helpful. BMI is one big family.
Pros
set shifts
Cons
pay does not match other hospitals
Gone downhill in the last 5 years
Commercial Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London3 January 2019
Changes over the last 5 years has turned the company from an exciting place to be to a most uncaring company. There has been too much focus on cost cutting which has really affected staff morale and taken a lot of the magic out of the company
Pros
Caring staff
Cons
Bad management
professional and organised
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester29 December 2018
flexible bank work suited me at the time. On going training is excellent. Very nice staff and nice place to work. worked on different departments which made the job more interesting.
Good place to work but management are Sh**.
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London8 December 2018
Friendly work environment but management are rubbish. Upon chances they would not hesitate to stab in your back. Learned a lot. Workplace culture is good and people are friendly.
Pros
good working hours
Cons
rules, regulation set by management
Professional and Caring
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands4 December 2018
I worked in two areas of the business during my employment and found the company to be professional and caring, placing the patients at the heart in all they do. Thoroughly enjoyed my time at BMI Healthcare.
Pros
A professional, first class enviroment
Porter (Former Employee) –  Windsor, Berkshire27 November 2018
Arriving at 6am greeted with that days patient list. Following with checking all medical gas supplies, setting up for functions/meetings. Dealing with and reporting any problem that occurred over night. i.e. floods, electrical issues, and general cleaning.
during this period, I would start to receive inpatients via pager.
once collected patient, I would transport them to their rooms, with their luggage whilst keeping a warm and friendly attitude, when arriving at their room, I would proceed to inform them of the details of our fire safety procedure, and general information, and deal with all patient enquires/requests. I would then hand over to the nurses. during the day I would be paged to various departments that need any help, I would also be involved with car parking, waste management, which I would receive via radio. I was also responsible for ordering and often manually changing all gas cylinders and arranging disposal. I was also responsible for security. After lunch, i would be dealing with the outpatients, and postal management. With all the roles and responsibilities I was required to do E-learning online, which consisted of at least 35 different modules throughout the year this was repeated every year. These were all mandatory

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the hospital, all of the staff and management were very supportive, and a true joy to be around, I learnt a lot about self respect, communication, responsibility, customer services, protocol and procedures along with general hospital knowledge. The hardest part was leaving PMH. Leaving was due to moving
  more... borough, to better mine and my families lives.
I enjoyed all my time with all the staff and patients. It was a pleasure.
Never worked in a place like this
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire22 November 2018
Don’t work here. Disgusting management. People are so inconsiderate and never appreciative. They will make you work like animals and would never say a thank you. A lot of people have left this place because there was poor management and people were not professional. There is no fairness.

22/11/18
Pros
Non
Slave labour
Patient Administrator (Former Employee) –  Carmarthen11 November 2018
Terrible place to work for, the only thing BMI is interested in is money, there is nowhere to move and improve within the place, if your good in your current role they will NOT allow you to progress as your needed where you are. staff are treated like slaves, if you complain its seen as bad and they will find a way to get you out the door. Pay is rubbish, no incentives, long hours and very stressful days, many staff end in tears as the pressure and stress levels are put on staff are so high. I wouldn't recommend them to an enemy. Management brush staff issues under the carpet and hide them away. As long as management get their annual bonus all is ok. Staff dont get a annual bonus but do the work for them. Dont recommend at all.
Excellent place
Healthcare Assistant / Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Bromley, Greater London6 November 2018
BMI Healthcare are a fantastic employer to work. The staff and management are very helpful and friendly. I would definitely reccommend them as a employer.
good team
HCA/Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset31 October 2018
you don't get to move up the ladder and your not paid very well ,a greedy company , ok for short term , they send you home when quite and then you owe them loads of hours
Pros
free heath care
Cons
bad pay
Shocking
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carmarthen, Carmarthenshire26 October 2018
Not as impressive as the advert suggests.
Very poor emphasis on the way staff are treated - more emphasis on admitting as many patients as possible!!!
Pros
Cons
Poor shocking management
Manager is crappie
Imaging assistant (Former Employee) –  London30 September 2018
They should give a proper induction training and practical training as they only show you what you will be doing in your second day and leave you like a dog. They want you to learn in your 3 or 4 day straight away!! There is a lot to take in as you have to remember everything like doing paper works, stocking, especially assisting injection the manager just want you to shadow someone else but you don’t even understand what they are doing as you have to do filling up form an no one explain you how! So frustrated! Manager is not helpful at all.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
8 hours
good
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield28 August 2018
good staff food is brillent on time clean kitchens anything from sunday lunch to pulled pork wrap salads fresh fruit and veg hot and cold drinks all delived to your room
Pros
free lunch
Cons
good hours
awful
Previous Employment (Former Employee) –  Droitwich, Worcestershire21 August 2018
theatre staff not including management are absolutely amazing. really lovely people and deserve the world. shame about the management in the whole hospital who have no staff appreciation and only care about money. all staff is over worked and very under paid.
Cons
rubbish pay
Avoid at all costs
Helpline Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hillington, Glasgow2 August 2018
I worked for BMI Healthcare in the national enquiry centre as a helpline advisor. I would not recommend this job to anyone. The job itself is tedious, very repetitive and no praise from management when you succeed; only criticism when you fail. The wage is laughable, and they make bonus unreachable for most teams. Also information I had provided in confidence to senior staff was never kept in confidence, it found its way around the office. Very unprofessional. I don’t have anything good to say about this company, avoid at all costs.
Pros
Cons
Wages, bullying staff, no room for progression
very corporate
Process Manager (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire1 August 2018
I had clear objectives, a clear structure and a strong Line Manager to give me a sense of direction.
I was concerned about the Culture as the staff were generally unhappy with the morale in the Hospital.
For me the hardest part of the job was achieving so many great things, but getting little recognition or praise for doing so.
There were long hours at times, but this was to be expected in this type of environment.
Pros
free tea and coffee
Cons
quite a ruthless management team
Not worth the wage
Helpline advisor (Former Employee) –  Hillington, Glasgow6 July 2018
Luckily I’m no longer there. I left on good terms before you think I’m a disgruntled ex employee. Having worked here for over 4+ years I can honestly say don’t do it. The wage is shockingly low for a private healthcare company. Since I was there the question about the wage going up always pops up in surveys. Same answer every year....they’re looking into it and then they actually tell you that compared to other places we actually pay more(lies as of now it’s national minimum wage).

No loyalty for long standing members of staff. If I was to walk through the doors in 6 months time I’d be on the same wage and holiday allowance I was in when I left. Although from when I was leaving they’re only hiring people under the age of 25 as they don’t have to pay them as much.

Monthly bonus? Good luck they always find a way of cheating you out of it! Promotion? What’s that? very limited chance of it happening so don’t hold out hope. The managers pals get the job first.

The company use to be all about patients and the staff used to matter but now the staff are just numbers(easily replaceable) and have turned into drones being made to upsell and obtain pretty much every single detail of a customers life otherwise you lose points on your call scoring.

There was a bit of turmoil with a dodgy top boss last year and I still think the company is trying to rebuild from that but that is no excuse for the drastic changes recently.
Pros
Your team! They’ll be just as miserable as you and you’ll bond through that. The hours are good too
Cons
The wage, the bonus, the job is repetitive, the training isn’t the best

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BMI Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.