Blue Square Marketing

Blue Square Marketing Employee Reviews

United Kingdom26 reviews
This was a good company to work for. Good training and culture. Some challenges in working in-store and online (with Blue Square) but overall all achieved and very satisfactory
Don't Work Here
Brutal hire and fire culture

If your face doesn't fit they will find a way of pushing you out

Very resistant to invest in certain areas
Official response from Blue Square Marketing
1 May 2020
Hi Former Employee

We're really concerned to see your feedback on your time with us and this certainly isn't in line with the culture that we are aspriring to create. We would like the opportunity to understand some more detail in relation to your comments so would encourage you to email us at tellsomeone@bluesquare.uk.com
i was good fun working for bs, they have their ups and downs but initially have given me a platform of which i can aspire and progress to another level.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
I was at this company for just over a year, Job itself as a product specialist within the call centres was good, You had your targets and you were left to your own devices to do what you needed to do.

The pay was great until they decided to take 13 grand off my yearly wage with no real chance of being able to move into a different position within the company.

The management are shocking and at times very unprofessional, their payroll department constantly made mistakes with the pay which resulted in me not receiving 2 months pay of £1,500 for each month because of a mistake they made and management had no interest in helping me getting it sorted!
Pros
Job
Cons
Everything else.
Blue Square Marketing were one of the best companies I've worked for. They made an effort to train the people that wanted to be there and support the people that had difficulties in their work life. Unfortunately the job security was non existent. Which was a shame.
Pros
Self motivated days, good support network, amazing pay
Cons
No job security
Working for a Client like Samsung is always going to be challenging, but its made near impossible due to the layers of self serving, incompetent management team.

From an absent MD, directors of directors of directors that manage Heads of heads of heads of. They have gotten lost in a structure designed to safeguard incompetence and farm as much of the heavy lifting to those at the bottom.

Whilst on those at the coal face, you have to beg, steal, borrow, jump through hoops and kiss the right behinds just to see a 0.6% annual pay rise.

Discrimination is rife, the gender pay gap is painfully obvious and lack of female senior management indicates and enforces the boys club at the top.
Pros
Comradery within the field team
Cons
Work / Life balance, Pay, conditions, lack of leadership every level
good company and values, great benefits and salary. job stability depending on job role is not always secure. great team led business working with samsung
They are very disorganised. They tell you on your last day that your contract is not being renewed but if you ask them three days before they say not to worry just keep doing what you're doing.

I turned down another job a week before the contract finished. If they were honest with staff, then we could go straight into other jobs.

There are no discounts. If you want to work in sales, use the experience as a stepping stone and make contacts when you are in store, ie, John Lewis, Curry's, cpw, ee, Vodafone etc where you can get secure job roles and upto 70per cent discount.
Pros
Reasonable hours and pay
Cons
Disorganised
Welcoming environment with the opportunity to progress within the organisation.

Working closely with line managers in aims to identify opportunities for growth as well as, regular reflective performance opportunities to also identify strengths and weaknesses. Therefore, providing the opportunity for individuals like myself to easily address and improve areas needed.
Pros
Adequate support from line managers
Cons
Lack of stability in regards to contract/ work days
Horrific company, they will do everything to not pay you properly.
Unrealistic weekly targets they same come directly from a well known phone manufacturer. (I have my doubts)

Please change from Marketing company to Sales company. As Marketing strategies are clearly not implemented , only pushing sales.

Pros Only good thing was the pay and holidays , which they messed up in the final payment .Make sure you keep an account of all your targets.
Pros
Pay and holidays
Cons
everything else
No one knows anything about whether you're going to be working the next day or not.

It is a temporary job and they can let you go at any time.

Crazy un organised, the website speaks about the business being about YOU.

Total opposite of the truth as you are just a number and they don't care about you.

Good pay but 0 job security.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
no job security, unorganised
Area Planning
Field Marketing and Sales

In-store Sales Coaching and Training

Retail store management with sales analysis

Driving ROI through meeting KPI's

Attending offsite training and product launches
Pros
Company Car, equipment etc
Cons
Long hours and low bonuses
Had to work for this company when they won the contract to support a well known TV manufacturer.

Sad day...... worst company I have ever worked for, to say they are disorganised is an under statement and no loyalty to the staff they have.

Had only ever worked Saturday and Sunday but the campaign they had was for 4 days. Funny how the contract ended for me but they still have staff work 4 days a week?
Pros
Pay is all ways on time
Cons
Well known TV manufacturer have to much involvement in he day to day running.
They will require you to focus your time on sales which is fine until the store you work out finds out you've been tasked to sell samsung products and will inevitably fire you or make your life a misery for being lied to be Bluesquare/samsung.

Save yourself some stress and dont bother with these guys, the managers told me even worse horror stories about other workers.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
junior managers, tensions between companies
Fantastic place to work. Very warm and friendly environment.Good training tactics, get to experience new and latest tech.Real sense of achievement once taught
Pros
use of equipment
the job consists of mainly selling a premium brand of TV/AV products in an electrical retailer as well as training instore staff and filling in data reports to feed back to the business .
Pros
decent pay for the work done
Cons
weekend working
I worked in Carphone warehouse as a ISDE. A typical day would be 10-6, busy days and slow day but it was always fun! Great staff, great customers, and a lot to learn.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Selling Samsung Products to customer and creating awareness of the product with sufficient training given to store staff to boost sales.

Work is casual and not permanent.
Pros
Casual Work
Cons
Casual work not permanent
It started well with Blue Square Marketing but ended very poorly because they cancelled the contract early and never gave a valid reason for this, They also never paid the staff correctly and then they started to make us fell unwelcome in the shops they put us in like Vodafone, Three and EE, The area manager was ok to work with but he had his own opinions of us all.
Job it's self is ok and easy but you will have to do a lot of work to get paid your money. They're absolutely unorganised. They wont return your calls or emails.
marketing company
only deal with short bterm projects for Samsung

good to work for friendly staff always helpfull

constantly on whatts app grup for sales help discussion
Pros
good people
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blue Square Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6