Blue Inc Employee Reviews

brilliant
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  harrow5 May 2015
At work it would be very different as theres something new that pops out everyday. I have learnt how to deal with costumers in a well mannered way and I learnt from myself that I am a approachable person that everyone gets along with.

management there was very good as everything was organised.

co-workers where so friendly and hard workers which I loved about them because they will motivate me to be active.

there was actually no hard parts of the job.

when me and the co-workers just waiting for costumers to come in we just have a nice time explaining about what costumer they just happen.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Productive, fun and positive environment
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Middleton30 June 2015
Usually in a day we will carry out elements such as replenishing/maintaining stock levels, checking off the delivery and putting new stock onto the shop floor. When serving on the tills we try and include as many add on sales such as aftershaves as possible to increase the size of the bill. The management are very nice, genuine people who are very hard working and are an asset to the company. All co-workers are hard working, happy and genuinely a pleasure to work with. I wouldn't say there is any part of the job that is hard. Last of all the most enjoyable part of the job is to work with such a great team who get on well together which is beneficial to the company as this will increase the number of customers to come into the shop and purchase items.
Fun workplace
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Wood Green, Greater London20 July 2017
My opinion about this store is the welcoming atmosphere and respectful Staffs. The store was also extremely organised and tidy.
I have learnt you have to be patience with customers and staffs and it definitely improve my patience and listening skills.
The hardest part of the job was make sure everyone was happy and got their items, but however I've definitely enjoyed socialising with other people.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Long Hours
Enjoyable workplace
Sales Advisor (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Middlesbrough22 April 2015
I work along side many different people, which I tend to get along with, whether it be working as part of the team or alone.
A typical day at work would consist of many different tasks; from serving customers on the shop floor, to doing the banking of monies for the company. Also tending to the cashing up and paperwork at the end of the working day.
Dealing with many different people on a day to day basis I learn that everyone has different ways of approaching certain criteria and completing tasks.
The management are always approachable and ready to deal with any problems that arise within my workplace.
Pros
Helping with different tasks, learning new things.
Cons
Longer hours over a busy period; i.e Christmas, working every weekend.
Fun and motivating environment
retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackburn7 June 2016
As this was my first paid permanent job, I learnt a lot about the retail sector and customer management. I was a sales assistant, but as I grew accustomed to my job, I was given more responsibilities which enables me to gain organisation skills, along with prompted me to learn at a faster rate.

I worked in a team that had 5 other members, we all were of different ages and educational backgrounds. I became really fond of my team, as we all assisted each other throughout difficult tasks.

I enjoyed communicating with the customers, however, some customers proved to be more difficult than others, and had to be dealt with in a very cordial, and respectful manner.
Pros
Co workers were like family
Cons
awkward hours
Hard and a challenge
sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Portadown18 January 2016
I love working in Blue Inc. But i just cant work with the manager no more.. you get no praise for the hard work you do, but if you done one thing wrong, you will never hear the end of it!
Pros
The rest of the sales team are brilliant to work with
Cons
the manager is just nasty!!
Boring
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Croydon12 June 2017
The only part of work that I actually enjoyed was seeing my colleagues. The manager never got off my back and when he went on holiday for 2 weeks, it was the happiest I ever was at that workplace. The days were long and work was boring because the store is not as popular as it used to be meaning that we would have some hours where there would be no sales/customers. The pa is TERRIBLE. Definitely not worth working there.
Pros
Fun colleagues
Cons
long hours and pay
Fun place to work
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ENG19 July 2014
As it was my first retail experience i felt it would be really intimidating and troublesome but I assumed wrong. The people there were kind, friendly and fun to work with, they treat you as a friend rather than just somebody you're working with. I learnt a lot of new things that will help me offer more to society.

I enjoyed working around the shop and switching tasks at certain times as we liked to be in different roles when the time came rather than stay in that one spot doing the same thing continuously.

Having the time to spend with colleagues even during lunch was very pleasurable since I've never thought work would be as much fun as it is.
Pros
Friendly, Socialising
Cons
Long Hours
happy work enviroment
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Inverness22 January 2016
Overall really friendly company no complaints really good staff I felt like i fit right in, laughing and joking walst doing tasks made the work day go by fast and left me going home with a smile and wanting the next day to come with good management always supporting me and helping me do things correctly as a new start and guiding me the hardest part of the job for me was gaining courage to talk to customers but then thanks to management and colleagues that became the best part of the job just being able to assist a customer into what they need and answering the questions they ask and letting them know of what deals we have on.
Fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire8 January 2018
I enjoy working in retail, as I have a passion for fashion
I have learned how to manage a store and run it on my own
The job itself is easy as im ready to take any task given
The most enjoyable part of the job is working as a team to meet and hit targets
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
sometimes crazy hours
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walworth16 November 2017
A typical day at work would involve mandatory stock work, followed by restocking of the shelves whilst being bright and bubbly for the customers in order to make a sale; to achieve a daily sales target.

Additionally the cumpulsory cleaning of the entire shop floor at the end of my shift with a hoover. So in the grand scheme of things, it really gave me a taste for Retail and how each job is essential to the collectively desired objective.
Pros
Whole Retail Experience
Cons
high pressure job
interesting
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stratford, Greater London7 February 2018
interesting because the business worked well as it was all controlled, targets were met and the staff were caring and nice. i gained experience which shows their business is great
Pros
good hours
Cons
short break
productive and challenging
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Feltham, Middlesex2 March 2014
A typical day at work involve store operation, team briefing in the morning, motivating staff,complete tasks from head office email system.merchandising the store by moving products around to attract potential customers. keeping an eye on KPIs targets and performance. dealing with customers requirement, concerns and complaints. managing my team as they are the internal customers to the business, because when the team are happy on the shop floor customers can feel the energy around the store which put them in a very good mood to shop.
Pros
Experience, Advancement opportunities, Good people to work with.
Cons
long working hours
Enjoyable
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham15 May 2014
I undertook a one week work experience placement at a busy retail - Blue Inc. I had a range of diverse responsibilities, however one which I performed everyday was greeting customers who entered the shop, giving advice and guidance on product selection. This allowed me to use my friendly and engaging personality, in order to communicate with customers effectively. I had also stocked shelves with merchandise, attaching correct price tags in order to allow the customers to know the price and see is visibly. Whilst my placement I also had to ensure that the correct number and items of clothes were received from the supplier and also keeping up to date with special promotions as well as putting up displays. I learnt excellent customer service skills. I worked effectively in a team environment by helping colleagues and taking forward instructions from my manager. Nonetheless, when necessary I was also comfortable working independently and implementation tasks in an efficient and disciplined manner.
It was good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ilford, ENG1 March 2015
I had to fold jeans, work at the till, help customer find their sizes and the item of clothing that they were looking for. I learned to manage my time better because sometimes when I was carrying out a task, a customer would come and ask me for help. I learned how to be more organised and to be patient as some customers were really indecisive. My co workers served as guidance and role models, they would always help me out when I asked. The hardest part of the job was trying to help 2 people at the same time. I really enjoyed in a team in tasks such as organising the stock, putting up clothes and etc.
Pros
meet new people, do different tasks
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London10 February 2018
This job was work experience in secondary school hence the short work time , I’m extremely enthusiastic and love people I think I would be a great addition to the team
Managing a busy High street Retail store
Chelmsford Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford22 June 2016
Open Shop,
Open all Fire Exits
Check shop is safe - health and safety .
Update Time sheets
Welcome all staff
Brief staff on today's jobs / KPI targets/ Daily Target/ Intensives / jobs/ Other need - to - knows.
Set up till.
Update all emails
check on staff
speak to customers
Check stock
Update store using sales analysis/ Merchandising / company best sellers.
set break times.
standards.
Check surroundings retailers for promotions ect.
type email to Area Manager on how productively day went.
Update staff on next day expectatins - sale promos/ stock take/ 1 on 1s ect.
Lock up
my work life
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  watford15 December 2013
Running the shop from 8.30 to 6 ,5 days a week. money handling which involes cashing up taking money to bank.
i am incharge of all paper work such as rotas, kpis performance, recruiting, trainng staff and opening new branches.
i have a team of 6 staff and in the christmas period this can go up by 12 staff.
hardest part of my job can be working with challanging staff. i have learnert that not everyone has the same style of work or movement.
most rewarding part is my customer serive that i give to customers and staff. i feel my bubbly personality bounses off.
Pros
1 hour and 30 mins break
Cons
long hours can be up to 12 hours
Fun at times, not so fun at others
Sales Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bluewater21 August 2015
Typical day at work... a bit boring, although those that work there made it bearable. Feet would hurt but I have fallen arches so maybe that's why.

Didn't learn much, apart from customer service skills, and how to pass the time without dying of boredom.

Management were nice, enjoyable to work with. Co-workers too.

Hardest part of the job was working over christmas period, busy busy busy.

Most enjoyable was working with nice people and making a wage when small amounts of money meant a lot.
Pros
Working with friendly people, good starting job to learn basic skills
Cons
Feet hurt, low pay
blue inc
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Trafford7 February 2018
Daily tasks include replenishing stock and helping customers find the right product.Helped significantly improve communication and customer service skills.