Blue Inc Employee Reviews

no advancement/job security
Trainee Manager (Former Employee) –  Northern Ireland15 November 2017
no advancement in the company. Everybody in the company was on tenterhooks as to whether the company or your job was safe. No career advancement opportunities even with the title "trainee manager".
Pros
30 hour contract and flexible store management
Cons
min wage, no career prospects, no job security
Blue Inc
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hounslow13 November 2017
Blue Inc was an amazing place to work at, it benefited me because i learnt how to satisfy customers and work as a team and an individual. I helped customers find the most suitable product and satisfied them.
Pros
Break
Cons
Not Flexible Hours
Boring and poorly managed.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newry13 November 2017
Shop seemed somewhat very unclean, constantly changing stock and sales. Didn't always feel very comfortable and when handing in noticed treated very poorly however gave very good working hours.
Pros
Good hours.
the job was not very interesting as i was always bored
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London11 November 2017
it wasnt that great because the shop was small i easily got bored and found myself constantly standing around and had nothing to do. i wouldnt recommend this job role to anyone at this store.
Pros
sometimes left early
productive, fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough City Centre, Cambridgeshire30 October 2017
manager was always understanding with any issues brought to their attention. managers always helped with difficult customers when needed. all members of staff were friendly and easy to get along with. miss working there.
Unprofessional
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bracknell Forest, Berkshire25 October 2017
I didn't work there for that long because I was ill one day and they told me to not bother coming back I think that's harsh and horrible and bullying in a way
Unhappy employment
Part Time Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carlisle24 October 2017
Work 5 and 1/2 hours on Sundays and rarely given any other hours, on 4 hour contract since October 2016. Learnt to have patience with people and how to communicate with customers. Management causes my personal confidence issues. Trying to make management happy. Know the employees well so working can be enjoyable.
Pros
know employees personally, confidence boost
Cons
management, not enough wage to last a month
Productive Fun Workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maidstone17 October 2017
Being my first long term job, this is where i learnt how to commit and work full time hours every week. High up-selling standards and store cleanliness.
Pros
Hour lunches
Cons
Company stopped expanding
A short experience
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Ham, Greater London9 October 2017
I did this as part of my experience. A typical involved providing customer service and selling blue inc products at the store. The role improved my problem solving, resilience and communication skills having dealt with a variety of situations. Unfortunately ended unexpectedly which was a real shame as I was starting to get to grips with the role. This was due to the store closing due to the store going bankrupt.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
The company going bankrupt
Great but can be better
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peckham, Greater London8 October 2017
It was a great shop and the manager was always on job and talks to the employees to understand what we can do to help move the store forward and how we can make our customers happy.
Average
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 October 2017
Working at blue inc was fun most of the time. I created a nice bond with customers and the staff there. But i felt that it weren't for me because i did not learn as many skills as i could have. This was because it was my first time working in a retail store
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire29 September 2017
This store was amazing to work on I loved working there the customers there were also really nice my colleagues were always very supportive they were also really nice people I had a lot of fun working there and I wouldn’t mind working there again
Pros
Free lunches
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walworth29 September 2017
This job was very productive. It helped me develop many skills which I can now thoroughly apply throughout my daily life, whether it be in the field of studies or work.
Pros
Relaxed Environment
Cons
Short Staff
Busy workplace and enjoyable.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton Green, Greater London29 September 2017
This work experience placement has made me develop other skills such as communication skills and organisations skills. This place is very organised and eat to access. I enjoyed working at this place for two weeks.
Pros
Let out a few hours early because of too much workers.
good work environment, but anything involving head office, such as pay, is awful
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Northamptonshire24 September 2017
The only reason I still work here is because of the fairly flexible hours (more to do with my chilled manager) and because I get on really well with everyone who works here. As a first job it gave me a lot of confidence and transferable skills, and was a nice environment in which to do so. Apart from that its not great. The pay is extremely unfair for all the overtime you have to do with cashing up, which I understand has to be done but we should be paid for it. While the work is not the most skilled, the wage we get paid, and in particular the wage paid to those under 21 like myself, is unfair for the work we put in. Head office's attitude can also be very insulting at times as well with serious problems with our shop not being dealt with for over a year. Unrealistic targets set and shop incentives are a joke. In short the attitude of the company is to expect the most work from its employees, while giving them the least reward.
Pros
Friendly and laid back environment, good for a first job
Cons
Poor pay, poor relationship with head office, few benefits unless you want 50% discount on clothes which are in sale most of the year anyway.
unprofessional
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elephant & Castle, Greater London20 September 2017
Wasn't notified when I was due to come in work. The day I was due to come in I was later told by the manager that there was no long any space for me and I had to leave.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London16 September 2017
My work placement here involved me checking in deliveries, checking stock is accounted correctly, hanging stock, advising customers and answering any queries they may have, shop floor duties such as stocking up, tidying up, serving customers. This particular placement that I experienced was an invaluable experience as I was able to solve problems effectively.
Pros
Good people
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Croydon14 September 2017
During the time I spent on work experience was really enjoyable. I learned how to progress my skills in interacting with customers which I enjoyed doing most and how to use my time wisely.
Everyday was the same with a slight twist adding more responsibilities as each day passed.
Productive and very efficient
Retail (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk13 September 2017
My time at blue inc was good. I learnt skills such as good customer service etc. The job was a good place for a first job however I would have liked a much more challenging job. The hours dragged because of the emptiness in the shop.
Bad head office managment
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire13 September 2017
Our store is a joyful and friendly environment. Myself and colleagues work hard to ensure customer needs are met and targets are succeeded. However, I must admit the pay is rubbish! I am currently earning £4.50 ph at the age of 17 and when I turn 18 the wage only increases to £5.50 ph which just isn't enough!

Head office also aren't nice people to work for. They make unreasonable demands and show no gratitude after a hard day work.