Blue Inc Employee Reviews

good work environment, but anything involving head office, such as pay, is awful
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Northamptonshire24 September 2017
The only reason I still work here is because of the fairly flexible hours (more to do with my chilled manager) and because I get on really well with everyone who works here. As a first job it gave me a lot of confidence and transferable skills, and was a nice environment in which to do so. Apart from that its not great. The pay is extremely unfair for all the overtime you have to do with cashing up, which I understand has to be done but we should be paid for it. While the work is not the most skilled, the wage we get paid, and in particular the wage paid to those under 21 like myself, is unfair for the work we put in. Head office's attitude can also be very insulting at times as well with serious problems with our shop not being dealt with for over a year. Unrealistic targets set and shop incentives are a joke. In short the attitude of the company is to expect the most work from its employees, while giving them the least reward.
Pros
Friendly and laid back environment, good for a first job
Cons
Poor pay, poor relationship with head office, few benefits unless you want 50% discount on clothes which are in sale most of the year anyway.
unprofessional
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elephant & Castle, Greater London20 September 2017
Wasn't notified when I was due to come in work. The day I was due to come in I was later told by the manager that there was no long any space for me and I had to leave.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London16 September 2017
My work placement here involved me checking in deliveries, checking stock is accounted correctly, hanging stock, advising customers and answering any queries they may have, shop floor duties such as stocking up, tidying up, serving customers. This particular placement that I experienced was an invaluable experience as I was able to solve problems effectively.
Pros
Good people
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Croydon14 September 2017
During the time I spent on work experience was really enjoyable. I learned how to progress my skills in interacting with customers which I enjoyed doing most and how to use my time wisely.
Everyday was the same with a slight twist adding more responsibilities as each day passed.
Productive and very efficient
Retail (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk13 September 2017
My time at blue inc was good. I learnt skills such as good customer service etc. The job was a good place for a first job however I would have liked a much more challenging job. The hours dragged because of the emptiness in the shop.
Bad head office managment
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire13 September 2017
Our store is a joyful and friendly environment. Myself and colleagues work hard to ensure customer needs are met and targets are succeeded. However, I must admit the pay is rubbish! I am currently earning £4.50 ph at the age of 17 and when I turn 18 the wage only increases to £5.50 ph which just isn't enough!

Head office also aren't nice people to work for. They make unreasonable demands and show no gratitude after a hard day work.
Quick summary of working at Blue Inc. for 'Work Experience'
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire11 September 2017
Overall, the entire experience of working at Blue Inc. was acceptable, the working hours, staff and customers that I had to interact with on a day to day basis was positive, and I, fortunately, did not come across any issues from that one week I worked there (7th July 2014 - 11th July 2014).
Pros
Friendly working environment
Cons
N/a
great work experience
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dalston, Greater London10 September 2017
i was on work experience while i was there and it was overall a great experience. i loved the work atmosphere and the day-to-day tasks i received really help to improve the skills i already have.
Pros
great working environment
Cons
the pay for under 18's is not very good
good
stockroom assistant (Former Employee) –  Peckham Rye2 September 2017
The business was good. I was allowed an hours break. The management was able to control the staff in ways which were not rude or unkind. The most enjoyably part of working there is that the team was friendly.
An okay company
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London27 August 2017
The management is very swishy washy with sudden ages every day.
I learnt a few management skills from the store manager which was helpful.
The workplace culture is very unique and mixed, met many different people.
The hardest part of the job was when there was nothing to do apart from wondering aimlessly
The more enjoyable was during peak customer times
Pros
employee discount on selected lines
Cons
Long hours, low pay
Great place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Derry, County Londonderry18 August 2017
The whole management and staff are lovely to work for. aA very positive environment to work in and would strongly recommend. One of the best stores I have ever worked for
Pros
Great management
Cons
Low Pay
Solid company when established in Northern Ireland not so much now.
RETAIL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Belfast5 August 2017
The company came into the Northern Ireland market in a secure state, as the years moved on the company became less stable and the stores have been in and out of sale continously.
I just believe retail was not my thing
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belfast City Centre, County Antrim2 August 2017
I tried this working environment as my first job to see if I would like it and its a brilliant place to work for but its just isn't for me.

The most enjoyable part of the day for me would have been the stock intake and organising all the clothing. I didn't much like the pressure that was out on your shoulders.
Pros
discount in shopping centre
Cons
not enough training
productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westfield Stratford City, Greater London31 July 2017
keeping myself busy all time helping staff, team leader, and customer.
learned new things both at till points and shopfloor.
keeping up to date paper work and upcoming product and helping visual merchandising staffs.
Helping all the time.
keeping busy all the time is hardest job.
helping customer is enjoyable part
Pros
extra minute break time
Cons
late hours
Blue inc work experience was very useful
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Edgware, Greater London31 July 2017
I loved the blue inc work experience becaus it gave me knowledge of the field are and how to work in retail. The employers taught me a lot of the clothing areas which were very nice
Excellent working team
Sales assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex30 July 2017
Anyone would be lucky to work with such a great group of people. The work place is fun and exciting keeping you busy each day. The staff and bubbly and easy to get along with.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Long hours around Christmas
not enjoyable
Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport29 July 2017
my role was to ensure the shop floor was clean and presentable , help customers with all there inquires. Putting all new stock out in the correct place,working behind the till.
work
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London27 July 2017
Didnt really learn anything as the manager i didn't explain or teach me anything but clean. One thing i would say i liked was travelling there and meeting new people
Pros
area
Cons
not learning anything
Blue Inc
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kilburn, Greater London26 July 2017
I signed in for work and went through the itinerary for the day, then went on to tidy up any areas that needs tidying up and checking to make sure that the shop was well stocked.
I learned how to deal with conflict management and work with customers from all backgrounds.
There wasn't any hard part as it was a work experience placement which i enjoyed.
i enjoyed everything and all areas of the job.
Pros
very nice staff and management
Fun work place
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Worthing, West Sussex24 July 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job, is knowing that you go to work in the morning, and each day is different, different people walking into your store every day.
Having an amazing team working for you is amazing, knowing that you have created that team, and the buzz with it.