Blue Inc Pay & Benefits reviews

learning
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk8 January 2018
it is a nice place to work with nice people you do learn a lot with different working environments the pay is not amazing but its just minimum wage the hours can be longer at Christmas time but its normal in any retail shop , its enjoyable working and talking to new customers the management is good but depending on your own opinion as everyone do have there own opinion
Really fun & great place to work for a first job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yateley16 November 2017
I loved working here. I done my work experience here for secondary school and soon after was offered a job. My manager on work experience was great and upon getting a job there the manager changed and she too was great.
Pros
Good lunch hours. Good colleagues
Cons
Sometimes little to do
Productive Fun Workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maidstone17 October 2017
Being my first long term job, this is where i learnt how to commit and work full time hours every week. High up-selling standards and store cleanliness.
Pros
Hour lunches
Cons
Company stopped expanding
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire29 September 2017
This store was amazing to work on I loved working there the customers there were also really nice my colleagues were always very supportive they were also really nice people I had a lot of fun working there and I wouldn’t mind working there again
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
good work environment, but anything involving head office, such as pay, is awful
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Northamptonshire24 September 2017
The only reason I still work here is because of the fairly flexible hours (more to do with my chilled manager) and because I get on really well with everyone who works here. As a first job it gave me a lot of confidence and transferable skills, and was a nice environment in which to do so. Apart from that its not great. The pay is extremely unfair for all the overtime you have to do with cashing up, which I understand has to be done but we should be paid for it. While the work is not the most skilled, the wage we get paid, and in particular the wage paid to those under 21 like myself, is unfair for the work we put in. Head office's attitude can also be very insulting at times as well with serious problems with our shop not being dealt with for over a year. Unrealistic targets set and shop incentives are a joke. In short the attitude of the company is to expect the most work from its employees, while giving them the least reward.
Pros
Friendly and laid back environment, good for a first job
Cons
Poor pay, poor relationship with head office, few benefits unless you want 50% discount on clothes which are in sale most of the year anyway.
Productive and very efficient
Retail (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk13 September 2017
My time at blue inc was good. I learnt skills such as good customer service etc. The job was a good place for a first job however I would have liked a much more challenging job. The hours dragged because of the emptiness in the shop.
Good
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Holloway Road Station18 July 2017
Good place to work at only if wanting to earn a little bit of money. Only a 30 minute break when working for 8 hours per day which is not enough. Work culture is fun.
A job that kept my a float during Uni
Supervisor/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands10 July 2017
The job is a standard retail job but you get out what you put in. I found that I the busier I was, the more I enjoyed the job. It is a Retail job so employees must have great people skills. This job did provide me the opportunity to learn and grow to some sense but I feel like the company does not support its staff/management enough. The workplace culture in my store was always enjoyable.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
non-existent benefits and sometimes boring shifts
good company
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester3 July 2017
Very good company, sell excellent clothes for very good prices. Staff are very friendly all help one another and are very good at working as a team. m
Pros
Paid Breaks
Cons
Non
Bad workplace
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire25 June 2017
Under staffed, consistenly being rushed, bad management, unmotivated workers. would not recommend working there as it is not worth the money you get paid.
Boring
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Croydon12 June 2017
The only part of work that I actually enjoyed was seeing my colleagues. The manager never got off my back and when he went on holiday for 2 weeks, it was the happiest I ever was at that workplace. The days were long and work was boring because the store is not as popular as it used to be meaning that we would have some hours where there would be no sales/customers. The pa is TERRIBLE. Definitely not worth working there.
Pros
Fun colleagues
Cons
long hours and pay
Fun
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wood Green, Greater London25 May 2017
I had good relationship with other staff. Can be fast paced. Needs ore break hours, as standing on feet for long hours. Good for quick money not permanence.
Enjoyable experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edgware, Greater London22 May 2017
This was my first job and I would definitely recommend this to anyone, the staff and manager were so kind and very helpful and I learnt a variety of skills which has helped me a lot.
Pros
- short lunch break -pay
Cons
-long hours -Benefits
Positive Workplace
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Nuneaton, Warwickshire29 April 2017
I was with Blue Inc for a very short time as it was for my Work Experience with Higham Lane School, the workers were very positive and polite and overall a good group to work with.
Very friendly and nice place to work
Warehouse Assistant/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Walthamstow, Greater London8 March 2017
I'll remember that place to the rest of my days. Good time I spend there but as all of us looking for better pay. I'm looking for another job because they closing down our dep. Management was ok and all people friendly.
average work place
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London2 March 2017
it is a average retail shop but the expectations for targets are to much and when we have to cash up we stay over for longer and do not get paid.
productive and fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester21 February 2017
Typical day at work start with team brief, sales analysis, looking at what changes needs to be done accordingly , re-merchandising a shop floor, in meantime giving staff job, delegating and checking on them, getting new lines out of delivery, helping hang out delivery, checking on work emails, actioning work emails, hitting deadlines, cashing up at the end of the day.
I have learned to manage people, communicate with head office, how to analyse sales, how business works in general.
Hardest part of the job is to deal with horrible customers, difficult staff members, letting staff go, having difficult conversations with area manager.
Most enjoyable part is having a fun conversations with your staff or manager and appreciation by customers
Pros
fun and enjoyable to work
Cons
week benefits, pay, overtime not paid
Part time job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Enniskillen, County Fermanagh13 January 2017
Typical part time job, quite a long dayif the shop is quite, good to work for, management are nice people, good to work for, only thing negative was the lack of things to do
Work experience
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London13 January 2017
It was good for the month i was there, i'm happy the school organised blue inc as my place for work. The managers were all very professional and my co workers were good to me.
productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London19 August 2016
Very long hours and very little pay learened how to be confident give excellent customer service. learned how to stay punctual and polite.
Pros
discounts