Blue Inc Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

calm work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harrow19 January 2018
I would serve customers on the till and shop floor.
Restock the shop floor products.
Help customers with there questions/complaint's.
opening till and cashing up at the end of the day
Never did much
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare9 January 2018
Greeting customers, thanking them for shopping with us.
Didn’t learn much
Not the best management
London based
Pros discount on clothes
Cons not the best place to work
Pros
Discount on clothes
learning
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk8 January 2018
it is a nice place to work with nice people you do learn a lot with different working environments the pay is not amazing but its just minimum wage the hours can be longer at Christmas time but its normal in any retail shop , its enjoyable working and talking to new customers the management is good but depending on your own opinion as everyone do have there own opinion
not a good work placement
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shepherds Bush, Greater London6 January 2018
the most enjoyable part of working in blue inc was helping out the customers.
day to day basis was helping out customers.
cleaning the shop floor.
dealing with the stocks and delievery.
Productive and Helpful
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London18 November 2017
Working at blue inc was very easy and simple. Probably, the hardest part of the job was fixing the clothes and hanging the, however, everthing else was easy and quick and i have never had any customers complain.
Pros
Discount, Long lunch time, when the shop is empty you can relax
Cons
Longs hours, always needed
Really fun & great place to work for a first job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yateley16 November 2017
I loved working here. I done my work experience here for secondary school and soon after was offered a job. My manager on work experience was great and upon getting a job there the manager changed and she too was great.
Pros
Good lunch hours. Good colleagues
Cons
Sometimes little to do
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walworth16 November 2017
A typical day at work would involve mandatory stock work, followed by restocking of the shelves whilst being bright and bubbly for the customers in order to make a sale; to achieve a daily sales target.

Additionally the cumpulsory cleaning of the entire shop floor at the end of my shift with a hoover. So in the grand scheme of things, it really gave me a taste for Retail and how each job is essential to the collectively desired objective.
Pros
Whole Retail Experience
Cons
high pressure job
Boring and poorly managed.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newry13 November 2017
Shop seemed somewhat very unclean, constantly changing stock and sales. Didn't always feel very comfortable and when handing in noticed treated very poorly however gave very good working hours.
Pros
Good hours.
the job was not very interesting as i was always bored
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London11 November 2017
it wasnt that great because the shop was small i easily got bored and found myself constantly standing around and had nothing to do. i wouldnt recommend this job role to anyone at this store.
Pros
sometimes left early
productive, fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough City Centre, Cambridgeshire30 October 2017
manager was always understanding with any issues brought to their attention. managers always helped with difficult customers when needed. all members of staff were friendly and easy to get along with. miss working there.
Unhappy employment
Part Time Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carlisle24 October 2017
Work 5 and 1/2 hours on Sundays and rarely given any other hours, on 4 hour contract since October 2016. Learnt to have patience with people and how to communicate with customers. Management causes my personal confidence issues. Trying to make management happy. Know the employees well so working can be enjoyable.
Pros
know employees personally, confidence boost
Cons
management, not enough wage to last a month
Productive Fun Workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maidstone17 October 2017
Being my first long term job, this is where i learnt how to commit and work full time hours every week. High up-selling standards and store cleanliness.
Pros
Hour lunches
Cons
Company stopped expanding
Great but can be better
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peckham, Greater London8 October 2017
It was a great shop and the manager was always on job and talks to the employees to understand what we can do to help move the store forward and how we can make our customers happy.
Average
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 October 2017
Working at blue inc was fun most of the time. I created a nice bond with customers and the staff there. But i felt that it weren't for me because i did not learn as many skills as i could have. This was because it was my first time working in a retail store
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire29 September 2017
This store was amazing to work on I loved working there the customers there were also really nice my colleagues were always very supportive they were also really nice people I had a lot of fun working there and I wouldn’t mind working there again
Pros
Free lunches
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walworth29 September 2017
This job was very productive. It helped me develop many skills which I can now thoroughly apply throughout my daily life, whether it be in the field of studies or work.
Pros
Relaxed Environment
Cons
Short Staff
Busy workplace and enjoyable.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton Green, Greater London29 September 2017
This work experience placement has made me develop other skills such as communication skills and organisations skills. This place is very organised and eat to access. I enjoyed working at this place for two weeks.
Pros
Let out a few hours early because of too much workers.
good work environment, but anything involving head office, such as pay, is awful
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Northamptonshire24 September 2017
The only reason I still work here is because of the fairly flexible hours (more to do with my chilled manager) and because I get on really well with everyone who works here. As a first job it gave me a lot of confidence and transferable skills, and was a nice environment in which to do so. Apart from that its not great. The pay is extremely unfair for all the overtime you have to do with cashing up, which I understand has to be done but we should be paid for it. While the work is not the most skilled, the wage we get paid, and in particular the wage paid to those under 21 like myself, is unfair for the work we put in. Head office's attitude can also be very insulting at times as well with serious problems with our shop not being dealt with for over a year. Unrealistic targets set and shop incentives are a joke. In short the attitude of the company is to expect the most work from its employees, while giving them the least reward.
Pros
Friendly and laid back environment, good for a first job
Cons
Poor pay, poor relationship with head office, few benefits unless you want 50% discount on clothes which are in sale most of the year anyway.
unprofessional
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elephant & Castle, Greater London20 September 2017
Wasn't notified when I was due to come in work. The day I was due to come in I was later told by the manager that there was no long any space for me and I had to leave.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London16 September 2017
My work placement here involved me checking in deliveries, checking stock is accounted correctly, hanging stock, advising customers and answering any queries they may have, shop floor duties such as stocking up, tidying up, serving customers. This particular placement that I experienced was an invaluable experience as I was able to solve problems effectively.
Pros
Good people