Blue Inc Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire8 January 2018
I enjoy working in retail, as I have a passion for fashion
I have learned how to manage a store and run it on my own
The job itself is easy as im ready to take any task given
The most enjoyable part of the job is working as a team to meet and hit targets
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
sometimes crazy hours
Unprofessional
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bracknell Forest, Berkshire25 October 2017
I didn't work there for that long because I was ill one day and they told me to not bother coming back I think that's harsh and horrible and bullying in a way
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Croydon14 September 2017
During the time I spent on work experience was really enjoyable. I learned how to progress my skills in interacting with customers which I enjoyed doing most and how to use my time wisely.
Everyday was the same with a slight twist adding more responsibilities as each day passed.
not enjoyable
Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport29 July 2017
my role was to ensure the shop floor was clean and presentable , help customers with all there inquires. Putting all new stock out in the correct place,working behind the till.
not bad
FASHION/RETAIL SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Greater London20 July 2017
I was doing work experience , fun , workers where polite , very easy to get too and from as Edmonton green train station and Edmonton green bus station/garage is near by
Great
Retail Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  London15 July 2017
It was my first work experience placement and all the staff and managers were very welcoming and helpful. I was able to learn many key skills which are necessary for customer service.
Pros
Long lunch breaks
Cons
Cleaning the shop floor
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Bromwich15 July 2017
The placement had bombarded me with a lot of duties taking a lot of my time which resulted in a very productive week. I organised many products for display in the shop floor and I responded well to customer service. It was pleasant experience.
Bad workplace
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire25 June 2017
Under staffed, consistenly being rushed, bad management, unmotivated workers. would not recommend working there as it is not worth the money you get paid.
Very productive and a very fun environment
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Bromwich, West Midlands11 March 2017
I have only spent a month here however it was very fun and i became very confident in customer service and ive become very friendly. Working here has taught me how to talk to
Customers and help them out. A typical day would include keeping the place tidy and keeping the customers satisfied.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Alot of standinb
Work experience
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London13 January 2017
It was good for the month i was there, i'm happy the school organised blue inc as my place for work. The managers were all very professional and my co workers were good to me.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  London6 December 2016
The staff and managers made me feel welcome which was something that I personally enjoyed, however the hours were sometimes quite long and it could get boring if there were no customers.
Pros
Fun staff
Cons
Could get bornig
productive
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton Green11 August 2016
helping customers and making the store look good by tidying the shelf and making them look presentable. learned how to restock clothes from warehouse and how to interact with customers in a professional manner. co-workers were friendly and helpful.
Pros
friendly colleagues
Cons
long hours and busy environment
Fun and motivating environment
retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackburn7 June 2016
As this was my first paid permanent job, I learnt a lot about the retail sector and customer management. I was a sales assistant, but as I grew accustomed to my job, I was given more responsibilities which enables me to gain organisation skills, along with prompted me to learn at a faster rate.

I worked in a team that had 5 other members, we all were of different ages and educational backgrounds. I became really fond of my team, as we all assisted each other throughout difficult tasks.

I enjoyed communicating with the customers, however, some customers proved to be more difficult than others, and had to be dealt with in a very cordial, and respectful manner.
Pros
Co workers were like family
Cons
awkward hours
Blue inc
retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne10 January 2016
Blue inc is a very unsafe job as i am currently about to close my job as the store i work for is closing down. I have learnt skills on the till and lots of customer service. I have tasks of taking the rubbish out and cleaning up the store I cash up and handle money.
Pros
discount on clothing
Productive Work Placement
Retail Assistant (temporary) (Former Employee) –  Great Yarmouth, ENG16 November 2015
On a typical day at work,
I would come in and clean mirrors and glass around the shop.
Then i would restock all of the rails with gaps.
I would then go to the front of the store and great customers.
I learned team work skills and how to work independently.
In my opinion management was great to work for and my co-workers were lovely and welcoming.
The hardest part of this job was keeping my self busy on quite days but the favorite part of the job was greeting the customers and helping them find what they were looking for.
Productive and an easygoing place to work
Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peckham, ENG6 October 2015
While working at Blue Inc i resupplied on clothes on the shop floor, kept the shop looking neat and tidy and also dealt with some customer calls. even though the time i worked there was short i enjoyed it a lot working with the employees and just having a fun time working at Blue Inc
Pros
50% off after completing work experience
Cons
Didn't get to use tills
retail assistant
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  chatham1 October 2015
i learned about how a retail business works such as customer service. you move clothes around sorting pegs out. i enjoyed the most was working with people to complete tasks within the group.
social-able workplace though unorganised at times
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harrow, ENG14 April 2015
The days were very slow
I learnt about arranging clothing
The management was off at times
My co-workers were easy to converse with
Hardest part of the job was the long hours and the lack of communication among staff
The most enjoyable part of the job was arranging the clothing to make the store look more presentable
Sales driven
Dual store Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  leeds23 February 2015
Once again a job that worked with figures and daily targets. I enjoyed my time at blue inc although it seemed it was a company very much in transition. Rules changed within what you can and could not do in terms of delivery's and sales. the management team was run from head office which was nice to have that security but at the same time boring as I wanted to put my own stamp on things. Staff were always fantastic, a really tight group of individuals who wanted to work hard and would never argue and bicker. my most enjoyable part of the job was putting on the sale as it was almost completely changing the shop layout to a new one.
Pros
great staff to help out and work hard all day.
Cons
no freedom to learn new skills.
good to gain experience
Store Manager/ Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Sutton, ENG24 January 2015
blue inc is a great company if your are just starting your career in retail but if are looking to move up quickly maybe not the best. During my time there i met and worked with great people,
Pros
great pepole
Cons
poor pay