Blue Inc Employee Reviews

jn
Customer service was an important aspect (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London12 December 2018
typical retail job, worked in edmonton whist it was still open, not the best slection of clothes but what can you do. worked part time server customers
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Stratford, Greater London7 December 2018
During this work placement, I helped with stocking some of the stocks in the store and helped with organising the stores stock. i unloaded stock and products the store was selling as well as carrying the boxes into the warehouse of the store. I helped carry out sells by giving out fashion advice to some of their customers as well as helping them choose what would suit them. This helped me learn a few sale techniques and how the retail stores work and run.
good place to work and learn
Sales Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Chatham, Kent15 November 2018
I worked there via my school work experience I did one day a week for a year, I enjoyed this very much as it gave me some confidence in meeting the general public.
Pros
learning customer services
Cons
nothing
Enjoyable place to work
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge26 October 2018
Blue Inc offered a friendly work environment with staff given plenty of responsibility to aid the company with their success and to feel a true sense of involvement in the companies aims.
decent place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  east ham22 October 2018
could be better working conditions. minimal benefits. staff issues. bad management. short breaks, only mens clothing so as a female employee it is difficult to reap the benefits of any discount.
Fun work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oldham, Greater Manchester21 October 2018
Work was good here I enjoyed it however pay wasn’t great. Staff were very nice and got along with everyone very well. It wasn’t very busy so didn’t get many customers
Fantastic Environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  East London, Greater London14 October 2018
The Blue Inc team is very friendly and approachable making your integration into the team much easier.
The lunch breaks could be lengthened to allow a better work atmosphere.
hard but fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stratford, Greater London6 October 2018
I learned how to work on a till and keep the shop floor clean. it was fun but hard. took a lot of effort and hard work but learned new skill sets needed for retail jobs.
Pros
lunch and meeting people
Cons
tiring
Not too difficult to pick up
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire2 October 2018
The store is always kept clean by us all but the pay has become insufficient for the workload. If one individual is simply on the floor only helping customer for the entire shift then the pay is reasonable but everyone in a position that requires responsibility has the same pay and when you have to complete so 'X' amount of tasks in a short period of time, you become demotivated because of the low pay amount. The promotion for the job always says 'competitive pay' but it's not at all, because the pay offered for each age group is only slightly above minimum wage.
Pros
flexible shifts, friendly management and staff
Cons
Pay in comparison to ecery other job.
Retail
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London29 September 2018
need to make sure your customer services is high as we had to talk to customers all the time. Had training every Saturday morning which was good. Worked with a great team.
Blue Inc
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  South East London, Greater London21 September 2018
i had fun working in blue inc even though it was only for 2 weeks work experience i really enjoyed it. being able connect with people and being able to help them in what they are looking for makes me happy. it is a very multi cultured work place and is happy to employ different types of people from different religions
My experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hounslow19 September 2018
It was good although they need to get with the time and upgrade their clothing it’s 2018 and some of their clothing and from 2005 which I believe they need rebranding the company has potential
Fun workplace depending on staff members.
Part-Time Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newry17 September 2018
Like anywhere, if there is the right staff you will have an enjoyable time at work. Money not great, neither are contracts. Overall good place to work.
Good work place
Sales Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London9 September 2018
I enjoyed my time there as it provided me with a view of the life in retail and allowed me to see if I was interested in perusing a job in that area. Great place!
Friendly Team Atmosphere
Area Support Manager (ASM) (Former Employee) –  Worthing29 August 2018
Blue Inc is a friendly company to work for, offering affordable clothing to their customers.
During my time with Blue Inc, I learnt to develop myself, and to build my confidence. I learnt how to build my skills when it came to not just managing my team in store, but to also run, and look after other stores on the area, in the Area managers absence.
productive
Customer sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Croydon Grants, Greater London10 August 2018
from my memory i was very fond of what i had learned such as the other staff assisting me and showing me little techniques that helped me when selling products, it was also easy to get to transport wise while also having a caring manager that understood if an emergency has rose.
Great learning experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Feltham3 August 2018
This being my first retail job I had a lot to learn, had some good customers and some bad that will happen anywhere you work but working at Blue inc was fun because the members of staff were all similar age even management was within 5 years of the youngest employee which meant everyone got along and had a lot in common.
Pros
Young colleagues
Cons
Customers walys complained about something
fun and productive work environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harrow29 July 2018
great pay, strong sense of team work, you will be working with people of different cultures and religions, great job perks such as discounts, opportunities to work up the ladder
Pros
great discounts
Work experience
Customer service/ Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Walthamstow, Greater London22 July 2018
i have also carried out work experience at Blue Inc it was not as good s it was at CEX but it still came out very well because i was able to gain skills and experience
Terrible job
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  King's Lynn21 July 2018
Got to be the worst job ive ever had. 99% of the time I was stood there with nothing to do, then would get told off for doing nothing, but when asking for a task you usually get told just to "help customers" (which is very rarely wanted, most customers dont need help finding clothes i mean come on its england.)

The assistant manager was very obviously sexist towards men and made not only me but all the other males very uncomfortable.
Pros
%25 discount on "Items that can be worn as uniform".
Cons
Dull, Terrible pay, terrible hours, favoritist managers.