Blue Inc Employee Reviews

hard but fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stratford, Greater London6 October 2018
I learned how to work on a till and keep the shop floor clean. it was fun but hard. took a lot of effort and hard work but learned new skill sets needed for retail jobs.
Pros
lunch and meeting people
Cons
tiring
Not too difficult to pick up
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire2 October 2018
The store is always kept clean by us all but the pay has become insufficient for the workload. If one individual is simply on the floor only helping customer for the entire shift then the pay is reasonable but everyone in a position that requires responsibility has the same pay and when you have to complete so 'X' amount of tasks in a short period of time, you become demotivated because of the low pay amount. The promotion for the job always says 'competitive pay' but it's not at all, because the pay offered for each age group is only slightly above minimum wage.
Pros
flexible shifts, friendly management and staff
Cons
Pay in comparison to ecery other job.
Retail
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London29 September 2018
need to make sure your customer services is high as we had to talk to customers all the time. Had training every Saturday morning which was good. Worked with a great team.
Blue Inc
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  South East London, Greater London21 September 2018
i had fun working in blue inc even though it was only for 2 weeks work experience i really enjoyed it. being able connect with people and being able to help them in what they are looking for makes me happy. it is a very multi cultured work place and is happy to employ different types of people from different religions
My experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hounslow19 September 2018
It was good although they need to get with the time and upgrade their clothing it’s 2018 and some of their clothing and from 2005 which I believe they need rebranding the company has potential
Fun workplace depending on staff members.
Part-Time Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newry17 September 2018
Like anywhere, if there is the right staff you will have an enjoyable time at work. Money not great, neither are contracts. Overall good place to work.
Good work place
Sales Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London9 September 2018
I enjoyed my time there as it provided me with a view of the life in retail and allowed me to see if I was interested in perusing a job in that area. Great place!
Friendly Team Atmosphere
Area Support Manager (ASM) (Former Employee) –  Worthing29 August 2018
Blue Inc is a friendly company to work for, offering affordable clothing to their customers.
During my time with Blue Inc, I learnt to develop myself, and to build my confidence. I learnt how to build my skills when it came to not just managing my team in store, but to also run, and look after other stores on the area, in the Area managers absence.
productive
Customer sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Croydon Grants, Greater London10 August 2018
from my memory i was very fond of what i had learned such as the other staff assisting me and showing me little techniques that helped me when selling products, it was also easy to get to transport wise while also having a caring manager that understood if an emergency has rose.
Great learning experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Feltham3 August 2018
This being my first retail job I had a lot to learn, had some good customers and some bad that will happen anywhere you work but working at Blue inc was fun because the members of staff were all similar age even management was within 5 years of the youngest employee which meant everyone got along and had a lot in common.
Pros
Young colleagues
Cons
Customers walys complained about something
fun and productive work environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harrow29 July 2018
great pay, strong sense of team work, you will be working with people of different cultures and religions, great job perks such as discounts, opportunities to work up the ladder
Pros
great discounts
Work experience
Customer service/ Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Walthamstow, Greater London22 July 2018
i have also carried out work experience at Blue Inc it was not as good s it was at CEX but it still came out very well because i was able to gain skills and experience
Terrible job
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  King's Lynn21 July 2018
Got to be the worst job ive ever had. 99% of the time I was stood there with nothing to do, then would get told off for doing nothing, but when asking for a task you usually get told just to "help customers" (which is very rarely wanted, most customers dont need help finding clothes i mean come on its england.)

The assistant manager was very obviously sexist towards men and made not only me but all the other males very uncomfortable.
Pros
%25 discount on "Items that can be worn as uniform".
Cons
Dull, Terrible pay, terrible hours, favoritist managers.
new experience
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  London20 July 2018
working for the first time in a new environment was at first a challenge to me but over time I had adapted and worked successfully and interactively. being introduced into the retail industry, it has allowed me to acquire a set base of skills when dealing with situations that of a consumers requirements and queries. it was very fun and productive working in this environment and I would enjoy spending more time to develop skills and build relationships with my fellow co-workers and customers.the hardest part of the job was doing others jobs rather than them completing it. it gave me pressure but I dealt with it in a sophisticated manner and completed the set tasks.
Pros
interacting and engaging with new people
Cons
not enough cooperation with the work environment.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London17 July 2018
Loved working here, loved the environment and my colleagues. Although at times the store was never busy so hours use to drag with nothing to do, use to stare at the clock.
Pros
Fun
Great Enviroment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London4 July 2018
Staff were respectful and manager gave clear instructions which help a lot.
everybody got along with each other and made sure sales were made and KPI points were produced and it was jus fun
Bad managemnt
Assistant Manager/Acting Manager (Former Employee) –  Barnstaple1 July 2018
Bad management, no training, don't care about employees, you get your hour lunch thats about the only good thing I can think of. very VERY chilled, would definitely not work for again
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
everything
good learning experience
Customer service (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London28 June 2018
two week work experience in retail where I was able to pick up the skills needed to work in the retail workplace by being thrown in the deep end right from the start.
Comfotable and chilled out workplace
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire21 June 2018
Daily you would learn how to interact with customers, finding out their preferences ad what they want as well as helping them choose their clothes by suggesting things. you also put sale tags on the clothes, size boxes on the hangers, and you can help on the till.
Pros
Interacting with new people everyday
Cons
may be tiring if hours are lomg
good
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  London8 June 2018
Learned new things to take forward and have taught me new skills for sales side, it has put me in the advantage to like clothes for example new season wear, that some customers are involved in.