Blue Cross for Pets

Blue Cross for Pets Employee Reviews

United Kingdom18 reviews
fun volunteering experience
I volunteered full time at the local Blue Cross Charity Shop where my responsibilities were to offer great service to our customers and their pets, maintain the shop floor at tidy and friendly conditions as well as stocking up when needed, decorating shop windows and working in the stock room.
Productive, chilled environment
As a volunteer I have enjoyed working with the bluegrass team, they have a chilled out environment and have a laugh with the volunteers and staff on site.
Fun and enjoyable
I loved working there while I was there then I went in the sick but I’m wearing to go and get back out there

I have a family and loved working helps me meet new people and have a work friend relationship
Pros
Great invioment
Excellent workplace culture.
Various duties keep the job interesting.
A friendly and approachable manager.

An enjoyable and friendly place to work.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere.
Cons
No pay.
Welcoming and enjoyable
A typical day at work would include cleaning, socialising with the cats and dogs and walking dogs. I have become more educated in working with animals since joining bluecross. The job is very hardwork but it is very enjoyable, and I love to help out.
Pros
Working with animals
Productive and challenging
I love working at the Blue Cross because I am able to meet people from all types of different backgrounds. I'm also working very hard from 9 till 5 which proves challenging but also fun.
Pros
Lovely people, flexible hours, never a dull moment
Cons
Very relaxed place to work
Set up reception for the day on arrival, check all emails for booking of cars and meeting rooms. Answer all calls from the general public regarding their pets.

Closing of reception (keys)
Pros
Part time hours and no stress
Cons
Not varied enough
amazing
During my first few days I worked as a sales advisor pricing and organising clothing in the stockroom. After quickly gaining more responsibility I was tasked with managing the cashier and the front window displays.
Pros
the people
Cons
not working more often
Fun, friendly place to work
It's so lovely to work with all the animas in need. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to see animals get rehomed with their new families. It's very rewarding and the staff that work there are all so friendly.
awful managment
the most off-putting view was the manager of the store in which partaken in no work throughout the day and would only offer 5 minutes of training in which would expect to understand a vast amount of tasks within two days.
Pros
good staff
Nice people
I learned that's we should do something for others. Care about our world, nice and helpful people. Work want hard you could have a break whenever you wanted to.
Pros
Flexible hours
If you love animals here's the place to go!
You looked after a variety of animals and they are very understanding. You learn everything you need to know about cats and other domestic animals. The work place is a comfortable place and the staff are friendly.
Private run business
Was ok to work earnt the money i needed but werent friendly i left due to not being able to travel to there new office as there was 4 buses to catch
great working place
i have learnt a lot at the blue cross and has made me feel comfortable in working for them it was hard at first till i have gotten used to it
fun place to volunteer, amazing staff, very helpful and welcoming.
a wonderful place to volunteer at, amazing staff willing to help you with any problem. very welcoming and made you feel part of the team even though you are a volunteer. got to work very hands on with the horses and get to see and observe the things we couldnt do.
Pros
hands on with animals
Cons
long day
Fun
Meeting lots of interesting people, feeling like I was doing something good in/for my community. A typical day would be working on the till, speaking to customers, sorting stock and filling shelves.
Volunteer in a great place in Victoria :)
Great people and establishment. Victoria veterinary charity is a great place to volunteer and I hope to in future have them as a possible workplace when I finish my studies.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
non
No day was the same as the day before
I worked mainly every Monday morning along side college, 9am until 1:00PM was my usual time slot although sometimes the hours and days changed. Monday mornings were slow to begin with, until about 11 people started coming in, bringing things in to donate, buying things or talking to us about what we as a charity do and where the money goes, also about any events we had coming up, it was an enjoyable experience and i really enjoyed it.
I learnt a lot about everyday people and the similarities of different people which really changed the way I saw things in life.

All of the other volunteers, and the managers where awesome! I got along really well with everyone!
Pros
Meeting new people, 1 hour lunches