Blue Cross for Pets Employee Reviews

4.0Job Security & Advancement
Productive and challenging
Charity Shop Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Chipping Sodbury4 March 2018
I love working at the Blue Cross because I am able to meet people from all types of different backgrounds. I'm also working very hard from 9 till 5 which proves challenging but also fun.
Pros
Lovely people, flexible hours, never a dull moment
Cons
Very relaxed place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Burford5 February 2018
Set up reception for the day on arrival, check all emails for booking of cars and meeting rooms. Answer all calls from the general public regarding their pets.

Closing of reception (keys)
Pros
Part time hours and no stress
Cons
Not varied enough
Productive and fun workplace
Veterinarian Assistant (Former Employee) –  Provincia di Catania, Sicilia1 November 2017
Flexible and demanding work with continuous unforeseen needs that requires constant attention and responsibility. Compassion, wisdom and positive attitude to rescue and care are fundamental at work also to be able sensitive, strong, and active. Knowledge of animals is essential to understand their behavior and needs . Joy and lovekindness are the spirit of work.
amazing
Volunteer Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Teddington24 October 2017
During my first few days I worked as a sales advisor pricing and organising clothing in the stockroom. After quickly gaining more responsibility I was tasked with managing the cashier and the front window displays.
Pros
the people
Cons
not working more often
Fun, friendly place to work
Animal Welfare Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire28 August 2017
It's so lovely to work with all the animas in need. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to see animals get rehomed with their new families. It's very rewarding and the staff that work there are all so friendly.
awful managment
All Rounder (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands12 July 2017
the most off-putting view was the manager of the store in which partaken in no work throughout the day and would only offer 5 minutes of training in which would expect to understand a vast amount of tasks within two days.
Pros
good staff
Nice people
Blue cross voluntary (Former Employee) –  Trowbridge, Wiltshire6 July 2017
I learned that's we should do something for others. Care about our world, nice and helpful people. Work want hard you could have a break whenever you wanted to.
Pros
Flexible hours
If you love animals here's the place to go!
Animal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Torquay20 April 2017
You looked after a variety of animals and they are very understanding. You learn everything you need to know about cats and other domestic animals. The work place is a comfortable place and the staff are friendly.
fun place to volunteer, amazing staff, very helpful and welcoming.
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Rolleston16 June 2016
a wonderful place to volunteer at, amazing staff willing to help you with any problem. very welcoming and made you feel part of the team even though you are a volunteer. got to work very hands on with the horses and get to see and observe the things we couldnt do.
Pros
hands on with animals
Cons
long day
Fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swindon, ENG27 September 2015
Meeting lots of interesting people, feeling like I was doing something good in/for my community. A typical day would be working on the till, speaking to customers, sorting stock and filling shelves.
No day was the same as the day before
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  Malvern, ENG14 October 2014
I worked mainly every Monday morning along side college, 9am until 1:00PM was my usual time slot although sometimes the hours and days changed. Monday mornings were slow to begin with, until about 11 people started coming in, bringing things in to donate, buying things or talking to us about what we as a charity do and where the money goes, also about any events we had coming up, it was an enjoyable experience and i really enjoyed it.
I learnt a lot about everyday people and the similarities of different people which really changed the way I saw things in life.
All of the other volunteers, and the managers where awesome! I got along really well with everyone!
Pros
Meeting new people, 1 hour lunches