Blue Arrow Employee Reviews

Worked as a till operator at a school
Till Operator (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire5 December 2018
The job was easy and the staff were nice enough. We'd get paid weekly and a free lunch which was a good job for a student, not sure there was much chance for advancement though.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Initial training was lacking
One thing after another...
Was supposed to be mail sorter (Former Employee) –  Braintree, Essex4 December 2018
I wouldn’t reccomend working for this company. They rang me up on a Friday afternoon saying that they had a job starting on the Tuesday (i applied for this job 2/3 week beforehand) If i wanted to be able to start i had to get registered with them by the end of the day. After a prolonged rigmarole getting the required documentation sent over i was registered and looking forward to starting work. I received message from them saying i’d be working mon-fri now instead of tue-sat, this however was the last good news i’d get from blue arrow. On the monday around 11:30 i got a message saying that they’d tried to contact me on my mobile (no missed calls) and that unfortunately the royal mail job wasnt starting to the following week and they’d ring me later in the week to confirm. Friday came around and they called saying that the job was starting on Monday but instead if the originally agreed 8 hour shifts i would now only be getting 4 hours per night from 6-10pm. Although i wasn’t very impressed by this i agreed, i needed the money for Christmas. I went to the location sent to me via Blue arrow and low and behold it was the wrong address. So instead of it being a 5 minute walk from my home it’s now over a hours walk on the other side of town. I dont drive at the moment due to epilepsy and public transport in the area isn’t great. I asked if i could get 8 hour shifts to justify the price of a cab home afterwards and the reply i was sent was “no sorry” nothing else at all. I wouldn’t recommend any dealings with them even if you're desperate. I was and look how it turned out for me....
Pros
None - joke of a company
Cons
Useless recruitment staff
Excellent Company
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Newbury, Berkshire29 November 2018
Great company to work for, great team of people and excellent career opportunities if you want to progress. Lots of benefits for working for a large agency. Annual awards and amazing gold winner award trip away (previous years Dubai and Las Vegas)
Pros
Lots of training and bonus earning
Cons
none i can think of, get same issues in other companies too
fun workplace
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge13 November 2018
You could either work for one month in the same place or experience everyday a new job, although in the same sector. It allows you to balance your life and job.
Temporary
Temporary Branch Administrator (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire10 November 2018
This was only a temporary position. I had just moved to Nottingham and after taking some time off to get used to new surroundings, felt I should get back to work. The role was busy and there wasn't much time to get used to those people working with you.
Branch manager
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire9 November 2018
Working 12hr shifts six days a week organising staff and shifts. Responsible for 100's of staff placements on a day to day requirement and branch employees.
Pros
chalenging
Cons
chalenging
Good
Temporaries Consultant (Former Employee) –  Arrow, UK7 November 2018
Very strict targets but a very friendly and supportive team who are always happy to help each other. Great experience and opportunities available to staff
Swansea
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea1 November 2018
Started off as a fantastic Employment Agency but standards dropped to embarrassing levels after original staff left to advance themselves at other agencies. Current recruitment agents are a waste of good time.
Pros
Cons
Liars, No Appreciation of Hard Work
Good agency with plenty of flexible hours
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Peterborough18 October 2018
My experience with Blue Arrow so far has been great, the agency works around the hours and days you request. Overall, the staff are lovely; polite and respectful.
Definitely would recommend Blue Arrow for those looking for a good experience with an agency who works around your available days.
Blue Arrow COOP
Order Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Newhouse10 October 2018
We been working for this company in Newhouse,
They allways had problems to pay, many times i had to call to office on fridays becouse my salary just didn't came,payslip neither,somethimes yes but mostly not so it was inpossible to follow the wages,still now after 3 weeks not working there they didnt payed our holiday money.
Its a terrible company im not recommending for nobody

Want to know more about Blue Arrow?

Ask a question
Good
Agency Work (Former Employee) –  Norwich7 October 2018
A Very good company to work for. They provided transport to get to and from the jobs. They always accommodated jobs to suit the people who needed them.
great
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire21 September 2018
working with blue arrow agency in different school was very nice , through this agency i worked in different schools i met with different people was very good experience , my job was in kithen
Pros
fno
Cons
part time
Different Jobs
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arrow, UK19 September 2018
Blue arrow have helped me all year with work but they don't really give good feedback, make the job a lot harder for you, have too pay for your own travels and you don't get back your travel expense back. I haven't enjoyed this year with them
Pros
good hours
Cons
Bad communcation
Fun workplace
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Arrow, UK18 September 2018
Pulling parcels of the fan belt and putting them on the correct pallets
Learned not to work with slow people
My manager was to impressed with how quick I adapted to the work
Pros
Cons
Poor lockers
very bad to work for
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Arrow, UK17 September 2018
when i was working for blue arrow the managment team was very rude and we not help full and would end up most of the time phone the sheffield branch because they could resolve my problems quicker.
good experience
Ware house and Industrial Operator (Former Employee) –  Arrow, UK15 September 2018
It's a pleasure working for Blue Arrow as they look after their workers. You are provide with adequate uniform and equipment to carry out your work properly.
Pros
Varied
Cons
Travelling different locations
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire8 September 2018
I have got a flexible schedule, that was not a good option, because I never knew how much I would receive at the end of the month. On the other hand, I learned all the skills that I need to work in a restaurant. This work allowed me to work with different teams, which helped me to learn how to work in large and small teams.
unloading large lorrys and putting them on the belt
Warehouse Work (Former Employee) –  Arrow, UK6 September 2018
I worked at yodo doing nights was good as the radio was in was we was working the owny down fool was that there was a lot of heavy lifting and I ended up pulling something in my back so was off for 2 nights
Pros
good hours
Cons
good weekley pay
Very convenient.
Part time work - cashier at Kingsmead School (Former Employee) –  Enfield3 September 2018
Was employed during my breaks and lunches which was very convenient for me. I enjoyed working for this company. Very organised and a good experience overall.
Drivers mates
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  West Lothian3 September 2018
Heavy going work for rubbish pay dont pay overtime rates to certian members of staff but will pay there favourites overtime pay.

Long hours for standard pay is a joke.

Worat agency to work for no managment skills in the office atall. Ull get a phone call an hour before the shift is due to start asking if ud like the shift yet them knowing its a imposibility to get to then they wont offer you work for weeks on end if you turn down one job.

Worst agency about by far
Pros
Cons
Im leaving

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blue Arrow. Our community is ready to answer.