Bloor Homes Employee Reviews

Awful place to work with false promises and bullying in the workplace
Sales Advisor - Full Time (Former Employee) –  North West19 June 2018
I went to Bloor Homes as a sales advisor. It was something I had wanted to do for some time.
I was promised training, which I never got and there was no support from sales managers.
I was very dissapointed and also found there was a lot of bullying going on within the company.
Worse company I have ever worked for!!
Pros
Cons
False promises, bullying in the workplace
They were inspiring
Carpenter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire6 April 2018
They have a lot of employees that are hard working and enjoy what they do, it’s a shame I missed out on my chance because of the way the universe works. Anyone who works with the company will be sure to have good individuals that work hard.
Pros
Hard working, good people, always a smile!
Cons
That I couldn’t make it to work with the travel
company is in change
asm (Former Employee) –  Gedling, Nottinghamshire5 September 2017
sad to say worst company I have worked for in 20 years, have their own ways which are hard to adjust too
lack of support from line managers
there's a lot better out there , money is not everything
benefits not the best
still got the old bullying culture !!!!!
Pros
Cons
all of it
Learnt alot
Carpenter-Self Employed (Former Employee) –  northamptonshire14 June 2016
As I did my apprenticeship with Bloors they taught me most of the skills I have, in my opinion very good to work for. Things may have changed there now as they do employ direct, so the turn around of different/bad workers is a lot higher.
Diverse and productive.
In crew Member - Lidl Stores (Former Employee) –  Rugby, IN18 May 2016
A typical day at work for me would be the following:
Managing my own personal workload and strict deadlines.

Liaising with our members of the team to ensure a deadlines and work load are met to the highest standard.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the end product and knowing I have met the clients requirement in the deadline set.

The hardest part of the job was trying to adapt to the weather as this can effect the workload and how well we perform our duties.

In this role I have learnt to be flexible and diverse in my approach to my work load as it's performance can depend on multiple factors out of my control.
Long Hours
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Crewe, ENG14 October 2015
I enjoyed my job as a drivers mate however, the hours were very demanding and they differed each day which was not beneficial for me in the long run
Extremely busy which I love but not at rewarding role
Customer Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newbury, ENG3 August 2015
Dealing with close to 100 emails each day and dealing with 10 year warranty issues on new build homes. A typical day would be reading the emails, booking in the repairs and liaising with home owners for the repair dates. I also liaised with our repair man ensuring he had the correct job sheets. Everything needed logging into the customer relation manager project database.

We had a weekly meeting with the managers with updates of the various developments.
Pros
My colleagues were very nice to work with, I had good customer relations with clients I spoke to
Cons
No opportunity for any creative thinking, it felt a bit like a factory job in that it was literally going through the motions, no opportunity in this role for advancement
good place to work with the different trades
Site Labourer (Former Employee) –  Northampton, ENG25 February 2014
started at 6.30 opened the houses for the days work, loaded and checked lorries and visitors
Pros
gaining certifcates
Cons
distance traveling
hard work but sometimes fun
maintenance ( painting & decorating ) (Former Employee) –  any sites they have12 October 2012
you get up early and can travel anywhere but you learn other trade jobs. my co-workers were very easy to work with. the hardes part of the job was the traveling. the most enjoyable part was the people you work with.
Pros
people you work with
Cons
traveling

Want to know more about Bloor Homes?

Ask a question