Bloor Homes

Bloor Homes Employee Reviews

United Kingdom20 reviews
Work was boring but the pay was regular
The Management of the site was done mainly by the men because they were competent to do so, The site manage was only young and green and needed the help, my only gripe was how he finished me.I assessed what was left and came to the conclusion that he may have to release some men and went to the site manager to say if I was to be let go could you at least give me 2/3 days notice to which he agreed then on Friday released me with an hour to go to finishing time so giving me no opportunity to get a start for Monday, otherwise the job was ok.
Stressful and pushy selling
Micro managed. Unpleasant pushy management. Very stressful role. Well paid but you definitely earn it. Turnover of staff is high. Treated like children and watched constantly. No independent decision making. Very career driven management constantly trying to prove their position. Good training. Could be a great job if not for management.
Well paid, short working hours, unsociable shifts.
Good basic and commission structure, 9.45-5 working hours are nice.
Difficult to have a social life while working 3 out of 4 weekends + payback days.
Constantly pressured and never rewarded for hard work
This company will use you and tell you what you want to hear for the duration of the build on the site you start work for them on ,but when that comes to a end they make no plans for you to go elsewhere and either ask you to travel totally unreasonable distances to another site or ask you to do another role, for example a forklift driver was asked to work as a labourer (he was nearly 60) .
And as for the actual labourers they just somehow manage to avoid telling you anything until the LAST minute

I actually didn't mind working for them, it was the way I was treated at the end of a build that I thought was TOTALLY inconsiderate
Poor Management/Office Politics
They need to sort out their poor management and office politics issues before using people below management to make a stand or point. Lots of people leaving probably due to this reason.
fun
typical day at work would be to put the bricks out ready for the builders then to get the morter out. it was pretty fast paced but you did have times where it was relaxed
Great fun
Make sure induction are made that workers understand what is required by your organization good ethics team leadership
Communication is a big thing that workers understand what is required by your organization and safety certificate up dated
Great to begin with...
Stripped me of staff resources at critical time of year, making it impossible to succeed without being over loaded & working late every day, this due to group cost saving practices and change of management. ruined a job for me that I used to love.
Great money, awful culture and work life balance
Worked as a site manager. Company has a cold atmosphere compared to other large housebuilders I've worked for.

Senior management constantly micro manage you, spend more time dealing with director and senior manager visits than being able to do your job. Have to order all your own materials as no buyers.

Supply chain not geared up to deliver on materials requisitioned.

Place massive pressure and strain on managers and site teams, consistently have to work through your break just to catch up on paper work and emails. Not enough hours in a day to do what they expect of you.

Horrible culture and atmosphere. Ruthless outlook, they are trying to become a high speed volume builder doing over 50 a year per site but want to try and keep their 5 star rating from when they did 30 units a year per site. Everyone knows quality and speed are at opposite ends of the scales in most industries.

Money and benefits are fantastic, but no amount of money is worth the stress, pressure and way you are made to feel.
Pros
Wages and benefits are industry top end
Cons
Ling hours, huge pressure, micro managing senior managers, ruthless blame culture
Very unpreductive company very unorganized
Nothing was ever ready when needed job demanded a lot from a general site labourer i.e to fix trades sloppy workmanship the site manager was abitbof a bully to be honest with most employees
Pros
Monthly bonus
Cons
Bad workmanship
Pleasant
As a bricklayer on site I feel that the company Bloor Homes was comfortable to work with and my overall experience there was nice.
Would recommend their services to others.
They were inspiring
They have a lot of employees that are hard working and enjoy what they do, it’s a shame I missed out on my chance because of the way the universe works. Anyone who works with the company will be sure to have good individuals that work hard.
Pros
Hard working, good people, always a smile!
Cons
That I couldn’t make it to work with the travel
Productive work place
I had a good time at bloor homes it was a very prodctuive work place and I would referr anyone to work there, the people are really nice and everyone gets along
Pros
Kind people
Cons
Long days
Learnt alot
As I did my apprenticeship with Bloors they taught me most of the skills I have, in my opinion very good to work for. Things may have changed there now as they do employ direct, so the turn around of different/bad workers is a lot higher.
Diverse and productive.
A typical day at work for me would be the following:
Managing my own personal workload and strict deadlines.

Liaising with our members of the team to ensure a deadlines and work load are met to the highest standard.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the end product and knowing I have met the clients requirement in the deadline set.

The hardest part of the job was trying to adapt to the weather as this can effect the workload and how well we perform our duties.

In this role I have learnt to be flexible and diverse in my approach to my work load as it's performance can depend on multiple factors out of my control.
Long Hours
I enjoyed my job as a drivers mate however, the hours were very demanding and they differed each day which was not beneficial for me in the long run
Extremely busy which I love but not at rewarding role
Dealing with close to 100 emails each day and dealing with 10 year warranty issues on new build homes. A typical day would be reading the emails, booking in the repairs and liaising with home owners for the repair dates. I also liaised with our repair man ensuring he had the correct job sheets. Everything needed logging into the customer relation manager project database.

We had a weekly meeting with the managers with updates of the various developments.
Pros
My colleagues were very nice to work with, I had good customer relations with clients I spoke to
Cons
No opportunity for any creative thinking, it felt a bit like a factory job in that it was literally going through the motions, no opportunity in this role for advancement
good place to work with the different trades
started at 6.30 opened the houses for the days work, loaded and checked lorries and visitors
Pros
gaining certifcates
Cons
distance traveling