BLM Employee Reviews

About my current job
Assistant Team Administrator (Current Employee) –  Manchester Central19 April 2018
My day to day work is a good job.

Workplace has a great atmosphere.

I consider my job to have a lot of responsibilities which I manage really well.

I enjoy my job a lot as the people I work for/with are really nice people.

I have acquired a lot of knowledge and skills over my 12 years at my job about the law to a certain degree but feel there is not a lot of progression left for me which is what I thrive on.
Awful
Fee Earner (Former Employee) –  liverpool11 January 2018
Shocking firm to work for. massive staff turn over due to extremely poor management who scapegoat their team members to make up for their own failings.

absolutely ruined may career working for this firm.
Pros
Cons
career suicide
Very busy and friendly place to work
Assistant Team Administrator (Current Employee) –  Manchester11 January 2018
Every day is different. The work is good and the staff are very friendly. Casual dress allowed too which makes it more relaxed. Management are very friendly and always approachable
Pros
In the City Centre
Cons
Isnt any
Flexible workplace
Costs Draftsman (Current Employee) –  Southampton11 January 2018
I mainly worked from home and the company was very accommodating and happy for me to do so. However, the work is very demanding and the monthly targets are hard to achieve without putting in significant additional hours.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Monthly targets
Management dont take accountabilty. Failing department
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside14 December 2017
Management fail to do their job and the office organisation is in a state of chaos. No Job security and an exceptional high tunr over of staff due to a toxic environment.
Pros
None.
Cons
high staff turn over, poor moral. poor team management.
Awful
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester9 December 2017
If your offered a job here do not accept it, place is like a revolving door in terms of staff, it has an ‘if your face fits’ kind of attitude. No patience with new starters, offices are tired dusty and dated, poor management who cannot prioritise or are deemed approachable, your just another number here, believe me there’s better places to work!
Pros
City Centre Location
Cons
The job and culture
Good professional legal firm
Accounts Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London23 September 2017
Very large company, a busy and friendly environment, lots of benefits. Typical day starts with checking bank accounts, cheques received and sorting out post.
Only did 1 week there
Intern (Former Employee) –  London26 August 2017
If youre aspriing to be a lawyer, start here. They are excellent, the workplace is excellent and from what I've heard the pay isnt too bad. The people are kind and the location is brilliant
Pros
View of the shard from a standard office
Cons
I got bored
Ring made redundant
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester25 July 2017
In redundancy at the moment including reception and other departments. Best part of the job is meeting clients and staff.
Being able to sort out problems under pressure
Enjoyable and nice people
Filing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire14 June 2017
The people were very welcoming to me and had lots of conversation with me and helped me settle in. It was a very reasonable job as they were not too harsh on anyone .
3 years later...
New File Opener (Current Employee) –  Southampton25 October 2016
Administrative roles are basically the worst role to be in, unless you like being paid badly and used and abused for all that you are worth.

No Flexi-time, if you're in early/ late it's not noticed (even if you start earlier or finish later)

You have a really productive day, then get told to 'try a bit harder next time'....

The only positive thing is you get an hours lunch break.
Pros
You get an hours lunch break
Cons
Salary is awful, No benefits unless you're higher up in the company.
Unorganised chaos
Filing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Birmingham15 September 2016
If you want to be bored out of your brain pick this job. All you will do for 35hrs a week is file, there is no variation to this role. Worst job I've ever had. Small minority of the fee earners are stuck up and treat you like S*** you are the office skivvy, this job has put me off an office based role for life.
There are routes of progression, associates are generally nice. But if you want a job where the office countdown for Friday begins on Monday then apply away. Everybody is unhappy and the staff turnover is ridiculous. Good luck
Pros
1 hr lunch, city centre location
Cons
The role.
Tired, dated & needs to improve
Accounts (Former Employee) –  Manchester31 March 2016
The company needs a revamp in terms of décor & management level staff. The general staff turnaround is like a revolving door, they even have an internal department devoted to staff recruitment, which should speak volumes.

They need to tackle why their staff feel the need to look elsewhere so regularly & feel the need to move-on.
Pros
In the heart of the City Centre
Cons
Decor, Low Pay
Well structured firm
Associate (Current Employee) –  Manchester, ENG30 January 2016
I have worked in the fraud team for 2 and a half years. Have enjoyed my time there but due to a re-structure the team is being altered significantly and is contracting.
Supportive employer in the main with good spread of work.
Pros
good quality work, sensible work/life balance
friendly environment
Team Clerk (Former Employee) –  Manchester8 November 2015
friendly place to work with good opportunities. typical working day was relatively varied.role was sometimes quite demanding.
Good opportunities
legal (Current Employee) –  Manchester8 November 2015
Friendly, professional environment where opportunities are available to progress your career. Strengths and weaknesses are assessed and time is taken to assist with your personal development.
A challenging and fast paced career
PARALEGAL (Current Employee) –  Manchester City Centre1 November 2015
Dealing with large motor insurance companies and claims of the same nature (handling Claimant claims). Starting with opening new files, sending out letters of claim confirming the oppositions act(s) of negligence and serving notice to confirm that legal proceedings will be issued and then either negotiating settlements and attempting to settle disputes, or issuing legal proceedings to allow for liability to be decided in Court.

Within my time in this job I have learned the legal process of issuing civil claims at Court and following these claims through all the way to the hearing, as prior to this I had very little experience in this area.

Recently my case load has increased dramatically which means more than ever I have to be on the ball and ensure that litigated and potential complaint claims are dealt with quickly yet effectively so that Court deadlines are not missed and the potential complaints not escalated.

My previous boss sadly died this year, which means the management is currently is not up to the high standards it used to be. I feel that I support my supervisor more than I should and that I am sometimes not thanked for my hard work and assistance.

The company have taken on lots of new staff recently, however all lack experience in small claims litigation, which means that if the team supervisor is not available or is busy, the training of these new staff falls onto myself and other co-workers who have the same level of experience as me. My co-workers have mentioned how this is drawing their attention away from their own work, meaning that we are needing
  more... to come in early or stay later in order to keep our cases up to date.  less
Pros
The potential for a yearly bonus
Cons
No career progression
Bad Experience
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Liverpool3 September 2015
My experience with BLM Liverpool was very bad. I started on a 6 month contract and whilst the salary was very competitive the training was very poor. I was trained by a colleague who had only been there three weeks. This colleague had serious difficulties with me which resulted in me raising a formal grievance after informal attempts were fobbed off by the office manager. Nightmare place to work with no structure and terrible management. Resulted in me walking out.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Management, Culture, Did not feel valued as an individual
Very busy working environment with much opportunity to grow & learn
Office Junior (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, scotland30 March 2015
Working in a fast paced environment means that a typical day at work is mostly spent on my feet, helping a variety of people who all have different methods of working.

I've enjoyed building relationships with my colleagues and it's been a pleasure to get to know everyone individually.

The most enjoyable part of my job is working on reception - I find it's a very satisfying role that I excel in. It has, undoubtedly, boosted my confidence.

The hardest part of my job was the very beginning. Now, my role and my duties are second nature to me but I struggled in the office environment in the beginning as I missed working in a customer facing role. It was a very new, very different experience for me but has helped me to become more organised and professional.
Pros
Good working hours, decent salary, good holiday hours, good amount of bank holidays, colleagues are always more than willing to help, staff nights out
Good learning experience in events and communication
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  London26 March 2015
I am currently working for my local Morrisons in Elm Park although I would like to work a few more hours than what is available at the minute. I am still very flexible and am able to work any day over the weekend and any day in the evening once my partner is home form work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BLM. Our community is ready to answer.