Blind Veterans UK Employee Reviews

Poor management
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brighton30 October 2018
I worked for the charity for 7 months and can honestly say that the residents are absolutely fantastic. Sadly there's a massive element of nepotism and favorisim amoung the management team. If you're not liked or not in favour with the management then you'll sadly not get far. Many of the staff have worked there for years and with that comes an institutionalised work environment where new ideas are shunned. Pay is good, residents are fab and have such wonderful stories to tell! Until certain mangers have either retired or been found out about how they treat new staff, I'd definately avoid.
Pros
Pay. Residents.
Cons
Management.
Great charity, people and values.
Direct Marketing Executive (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London19 June 2018
Great charity, people and values.
The organisation gives employees the platform to further develop their own skill sets and pursue a career in whichever department they work in.
Volunteer Unpaid
General Support Worker / Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Seaham, Durham22 May 2018
I had a voluntry post of general support worker in which I befriended a blind vetran nurse. I took her shopping in the community and also accompanied her to some hospital appointments and outings in the local community.
Very good company
Residential Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Residential Supervisor4 November 2017
Management team supervisory team several department
Salary is good work is varied success though rarely celebrated
Swimming pool
Sports hall
Arts n crafts department
Rehabilitation officers
Pros
Salary
Cons
No real progression
Great charity, pretty good place to work
Marketing and Communications Assistant (Former Employee) –  London6 August 2016
I worked at Blind Veterans UK for one year. A typical day involved talking to vision impaired veterans, creating stories for PR and helping with advertising.

Generally people were friendly, there was a subsidised canteen and the charity has a clear mission. The role I had was quite clearly defined and I wasn't micromanaged so it was enjoyable from that point of view.

The downside was the role for the main part was quite repetitive and my line management was poor meaning there was limited opportunities to learn or progress.
Pros
Subsidised lunches, great values
Cons
Repetitive work, poor line management
a good supportive frendly place to work
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brighton and Hove, ENG28 August 2013
I have enjoyed my time at blind veterans, I have learnt a lot of new skills, in a first class enviroment. The only reason I am considering leaving is because I want to work less hours, and travel less as I have recently moved.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blind Veterans UK. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4