BlackRock Inc.

BlackRock Inc. Employee Reviews

United Kingdom30 reviews
Worked in the team for 6 years and learnt a lot about financial services and the corporate world. Started as an Analyst and worked extremely hard to be promoted to an Associate after 3 years service
5 October 2020
We appreciate you taking the time to leave this review!

If you have any other suggestions feel free to send them to BLKfeedback@blackrock.com
Working at BlackRock brought so many opportunities for me to grow as an individual. My manager and team has been nothing but amazing.

Sometimes workload can be heavy however working on that with my team makes everything easy.
5 October 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to hear you are enjoying working alongside your teammates and that you’ve found many opportunities within BlackRock.

While having a great team to help you handle workload is a great thing, don’t forget to also relax and recharge with Flexible Time Off!
Great culture. Excellent benefits. Could do better with training for new starters. Teams are collaborative and professional. Sure rewards for job well done.
Wide range of experiences and Wide range of opportunities. Learning on the job and learning more formal management skills. Lots of travel opportunities.
Pros
wide range of experiences
Cons
Few
15 April 2020
Thank you for taking your time to share your input.

We're glad to hear that you gained a wide range of experiences through traveling and working opportunities at BlackRock.
Very good First-hand experience of a fast-paced London office. Responsibilities included attending conference calls, morning meetings and international meetings, administrative tasks and filing, project research.
Challenging and fast paced. Constantly reviewing information to ensure the safety of the employees and integrity of the company. Developing staff to ensure effective performance.
Company offers a good salary and benefits.

Work/life balance encouraged.

Good workplace culture.

I enjoyed my time at BlackRock albeit short. I would definitely consider working there again. I met some amazing individuals and I was happy with my salary compensation, holiday and benefits.
Working at BlackRock for my internship was an incredible experience. Never did i think i could be working in a firm like BlackRock but its a great place to work, competitive, challenging but ever so rewarding. A place for sure worth aiming to work for.
Work/Life balance is weighted to work. There's always something else needing done, and needing done urgently. Every day requires you to prioritise the workload, and be prepared to change throughout the day
A great work place with good work culture. I worked here as a contractor and really liked the work environment. People are smart and seem to be given a lot of responsibility.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
I wasn't sure what to expect going into the largest asset management company at the age of 18 as an intern, but I was so pleasantly surprised. I was treated like an adult, respected like I was part of the team and even invited to dinners and events with my team. I cannot say a single thing negative about my time at BlackRock, aside from the fact I wish they would give me a chance on their graduate programme.
5 August 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, we’re pleased to hear you enjoyed your internship experience and our culture of inclusion.
Great people to work with, Management works in traditional format of micromanagement. Management is not good with managing expectation and people. Overall great company to work for.
Pros
Good view, Great location
Cons
long working hours, Micromanagement
5 August 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are disappointed to hear that you had an unsatisfactory experience with your manager. However, we’re pleased to hear you’ve enjoyed your colleagues and your overall experience working at BlackRock.
1. You are worked like a dog

2. Hard to get very far in the job without working 12+ hours a day

3. Don't expect to have a life while you're working here, unless you're okay with not going past the Associate level.

4. Coworkers are awesome
Pros
Good Experience
Cons
Long Hours
Now called EFAO, the management treat the staff horribly and lie to them. By telling lies an example is being told certain things can't be completed from home only to try and realise that it can indeed be accommodated. This ties into the fact there no flexibility whatsoever even though blackrocks culture is all about flexibility and easy working. BlackRock culture is fantastic but this team does not follow it whatsoever. Worst still senior figureheads know about this problem and turn a blind eye to it. In my time there the whole team left in less than a year.

There have been such severe cases of mistreated staff that some have suffered mental health issues. Also been told that it's unacceptable to have a couple days annual leave every month for 6 months even though the total number of days doesn't exceed 15. Nowhere in the contract does it say this is unacceptable and we'll within the allowance. If you do take holidays you will come into no less than 20 emails from management asking questions.

Previous employees have also left bad feedback about the management. If you want to be belittled in front of not only the team but other peers and not have any flexibility then this is the job for you.
Pros
Package
Cons
Everything else
5 August 2019
We appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback. What you’ve described is not acceptable behavior for a manager towards his or her team and we are disappointed you experienced this, your comment regarding staff treatment is also concerning to us. We encourage you to contact HR to share your specific concerns so that we may look into this.
Managers are allowed to bully the staff. Fund Accounting Oversight team in Edinburgh had only one member of staff last year, everyone else had left in 2018. 2 out of the newly recruited staff have already left in 2019.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Long hours, bullying culture
empresa dinamica e agradavel de trabalhar, trabalho a base de administracao, muitas opportunidades dadas para evoluir
Each day is a different day and its great to face a new challenge daily.
The culture is great and the firm is always forward thinking for its clients needs in terms of innovation.

The management team are supportive right at the top from day to day and right down to supporting in you developing and evolving as a person.
Pros
Multi cultural environment
Cons
Long hours which pass by when busy
Diversity is lip service only - purely for PR purposes
Advancement is mostly on a "who you know" basis

Company places far too much importance on networking and self-promotion rather than quality of work.

Salary is good

Work/Life balance is non-existent
Overall, it is a good company. They are growing and trying to improve their products as well as be more efficient internally.

Just like in any other company, you work with people and there are some great individuals and some not so great.
This request has come up in error. I cannot comment on this place and object to being forced to do so. This review should be disregarded. Please take note
Heirarchical organisation with a high degree of self promotion. As is typical of all organisations built on acquisitions it is heavily driven by the internal politics.
Cons
Very Heirachical