Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom20 reviews
Medical team are very supportive of my professional development. Nurses are very helpful. SOme issues on the senior nursing team due to lack of understanding on the role of an ACP. Overall, I can highly recommend working here
I thoroughly enjoyed volunteering at Blackpool Victoria Hospital. The staff were extremely friendly and encouraging. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to the patients and hearing their stories. I would definitely recommend volunteering there.
having worked here the last few years I have developed great relationships between staff and patients. provided me with excellent skills that I can take with me to any job I do. great experience and a really enjoyable place to work.
Working within the hospital enviroment is very challenging but rewarding if you are passionate about your position which i am. The hardest part is finding you dont have enough time for people
Working in the hospital helped me learn to try and balance my live in a very short free time.
I enjoyed working in hospital even when it was very busy.

After working 3 years in hospital I learned how to deal with stress and how to be able to work long hours.
having placement in the hospital was good, there was alot of different patients that needed different care. there are multiple ways that you are able to learn when working in the hospital. you are able to gain alot of experience.
An enjoyable job most of the time. However, during colleagues annual leave or sickness you are expected to do more than your own job role. Sometimes covering work for a higher band than your own but still on your own band pay. Covering for other centres staff absences to, whilst leaving your own centre short staff, as other centres can be considered busier than your own.
Pros
Clean, modern buliding and nice staff.
Cons
No cover for colleagues annual leave/sickness.
Good working conditions and good management .very supportive staff ,provides best care for the patients. Reliable child friendly shifts available.salary is good ,Extra shifts available for the staff who r interested .
I have gained lots of experience from having a placement here. The staff are very warm and welcoming and are happy to teach you anything you would like to know.
I think the NHS is going through a significant change. This isn't something that can be easily fixed.

I have worked for the Trust for a while, however due to recent circumstances I have had to leave.
A productive and fun place to work, skills are shown to the NHS nurses; simulations are used for trainee doctors. This would be enjoyed by secondary school students undergoing work experience.
Pros
An insight on the NHS, good hours.
Cons
It can get repetitive
A lovely trust to work for, it's been a pleasure! Very fair and ample support, good policies and excellent opportunities for training and personal development.
I loved my job at Blackpool Victoria Hospital. The staff and patients were all amazing and every day was different. A great place to work and a pleasure to be part of
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
Loved working at Blackpool Victoira hospital for the NHS however job in not very secure working only on the bench.
Very friendly staff and professional.
Pros
making a difference
Cons
job security on bench
Great place to work, hard graft but worth it

Shift patterns

Great team to work with

Be prepared to work hard

Have good communication skills

More suitable for organised people.
Pros
NHS Benefits
Cons
Long Hours - Weekends, Unsociable.
Amazing place to work everyone is friendly and welcoming... great working hours.. really helpful in progression in your career
3 long day per week
2 RN and 2 HCA per shift

20 or 15 patients to take care

Heavy, busy and big ward.

I learned to work in teams and have gained work experience
I have enjoyed working at Blackpool teaching hospitals. Experienced, friendly staff and great teams within the wards. There are lots of learning opportunities and various avenues which you are encouraged and supported.
Very busy environment to work in, always many tasks to be carried out daily.

Overall enjoyable workplace, and friendly enviroment
A typical involves attending review meeting to discuss presenting issues/difficulties with patients. I get to learn from other experiences and how to improve my skills as a therapist. I also have contact with senior management to discuss strategic plan and discuss caseload issues and supervision support. The hardest part of the job is dealing with risk and managing clients with overwhelmed emotions. The most enjoyable part of the job is making a differences to client and their families.
Pros
Free lunch/ joiint working with others
Cons
It is hard sometime to trying and help everying one referred to us.