Black Horse Inn Employee Reviews

4.0Job Security & Advancement
Fun At Times.
Food And Beverage Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rainhill15 August 2012
A typical day at work would start with me coming in and having to clean up either the bar or restaurant and behind the till areas as other people while I have been off have left it in a mess. I do my best to clean it all with a smile on my face and make customers and staff smile too. I have learned that a lot of people just turn up and get paid and go home whilst doing as little work as possible which makes my skin boil. I hate that, but in the position I am in, I only cause arguments if I say anything. We have recently got new managers who don't do much work either and the previous management did work but both liked to talk behind peoples back. Most of my co-workers as I have said are very lazy and like to get away with whatever they can, but there are a couple who I love to work with as they like to work hard and do a good job like myself. The thing i enjoy most at work would be seeing the customers smiles and seeing them have a good time. I like to make people happy. The hardest part of my job is dealing with all the lazy people. If i had a position with a bit more authority over them, then I think it would make it much more easier.
Pros
25% off any food orders.
Cons
low wage for the amount of work i do.
good place to work as your first job
assistant chef (Former Employee) –  ludford14 July 2012
good quality food and the other chefs were good at what they do however they are now closed due to loss in custom
Pros
good first job
Cons
not enough customers, standing around alot