Black Horse Inn

Black Horse Inn Employee Reviews

United Kingdom6 reviews
The management meant that they could be flexible in the hours they could give you. As there are multiple roles it allowed you to pick up hours in different fields of work. For example, house work, cleaning, serving food and taking orders. A friendly place which serves high quality food bringing about a good atmosphere.
Not always guaranteed hours. Do not get paid for trial day......I done 7.5 hours. Not always paid on time. Expected to go on diverts for free once shift has finished. Answering your phone possibly all evening dealing with guests. Poor management. Taken advantage of and not valued. Run the place on your own doing everything while on shift.
As a result of a pressing management and shocking wages, the staff turnover is quite high from this company. The working hours were long and breaks were few and far between. Wouldn't recommend working there but if you like expensive food and rat droppings, be my guest.
All staff members are extremely friendly and hard working and hard working. the owner is a very good boss. would recommend t anyone. would need to be a hard working person.
A typical day at work would start with me coming in and having to clean up either the bar or restaurant and behind the till areas as other people while I have been off have left it in a mess. I do my best to clean it all with a smile on my face and make customers and staff smile too. I have learned that a lot of people just turn up and get paid and go home whilst doing as little work as possible which makes my skin boil. I hate that, but in the position I am in, I only cause arguments if I say anything. We have recently got new managers who don't do much work either and the previous management did work but both liked to talk behind peoples back. Most of my co-workers as I have said are very lazy and like to get away with whatever they can, but there are a couple who I love to work with as they like to work hard and do a good job like myself. The thing i enjoy most at work would be seeing the customers smiles and seeing them have a good time. I like to make people happy. The hardest part of my job is dealing with all the lazy people. If i had a position with a bit more authority over them, then I think it would make it much more easier.
Pros
25% off any food orders.
Cons
low wage for the amount of work i do.
good quality food and the other chefs were good at what they do however they are now closed due to loss in custom
Pros
good first job
Cons
not enough customers, standing around alot
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Black Horse Inn. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8