Black Bull Hotel Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Tarbolton31 October 2017
I liked working at the black bull it was hardgoing but an amazing experience to work there with all the staff, I was a kitchen porter there and it was an easy job when the place wasn't busy but if it was busy it was quite a hard job and you had to be really fast with your hands I definitely liked it good wages aswell.
Pros
Free lunch
Challenging and fun Place
Hotel Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  lauder scotland uk.28 September 2017
My job in this company was challenging and fun. Challenging because i was working with different culture,different language,different personality from different country. At that time I have to adjust there culture which is very different from my culture. It was fun because i learned new things, that i never encountered yet at that time. the management was so cool and it was my most and first memorable job outside the country.
Bad atmosphere, bad working conditions, bad management, staff treated like inferior idiots, bullying
general assistant (Former Employee) –  Lauder, Scottish Borders18 January 2017
Treated like a slave, spoken to like you were a piece of rubbish, in general bullied at every chance by owner.
I learned nothing already knew what I was doing.
Manager/owner was Ignorant, bullying oaf.
Co-workers were Scared of owners, but in general nice.
hardest part of job Surviving working hours.
best part of job Going home at night.
Pros
Cons
cruel treatment, supposed to stand in for others at a drop of a hat with no warning, no cofee/lunch/dinner breaks, bad working conditions.
happy and fun loving work place
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Moffat2 February 2016
loved working in this pub, amazing and welcoming, management was amazing to work for. my co workers we fun loving people who always made light of the situations that would arise. hardest part of the job was working long hours without seeing my children. the most enjoyable part of the job was working at the weekends when the music was good and the atmosphere was amazing.
Pros
amazing food, fun enviroment
Cons
really nice boss, good atmosphere
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  SCT17 February 2014
really family orientated place to work, very friendly.I weas in charge of 15 bedrooms,bathrooms,reception,bar,restaurant made sure was up to high standard,we also done weddings and partys made sure every thing was ready for guests as what thay requested.
Pros
free tea and coffee
fun place to work.
bar person (Former Employee) –  brighouse20 September 2012
i learned how to interact with people more learned to cash up at end of shifts,made life long friends with staff and customers.hardest part of job dealing with drunk customers who where some times difficult.most enjoyable part of jod feelin like u belong there havein a laugh.
Pros
good bosses[had a few there]and co workers &customers
Cons
long evening shifts and no customers.