Bistrot Pierre Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Leamington Spa, Warwickshire8 July 2018
I enjoy working at Bistrot Pierre due to the warm atmosphere and the friendliness of the staff. I have been able to overcome challenges and feel I can work efficiently!
Aweful place to work for.
Waitress/Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Kidderminster, Worcestershire26 June 2018
They would always made me work all the night shifts and also the split shifts. The manager's would talk to you like dirt and look down at you like your nothing. The chef's are the worst they would also talk down to you. And dont ever want to cook you food (am a veggie) and they complain that I should eat what they cook (which was meat) As i ask one of the chefs if the cheese pizza was vegetarian and they said yes which later on I found out it wasn't. just a joke of a company to work for. I will NEVER work for them again.
Aweful company Aweful managers Aweful chefs
Pros
Tips and meeting lovely staff
Cons
Managers, Chefs, long hours, breaks
Not worth it
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon14 June 2018
As a previous employee for the plymouth restaurant I can honestly say that the staff are lovely, but I was put on a zero hour contract and I would go weeks without work. I would be told an hour before my shift that my shift was cancelled, not good enough.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Unreliable hours
Worst company under payed
Chef (Former Employee) –  Southport12 June 2018
80 hours weeks no breaks. Contracted 45 hours work 35 hours for free management is alwful
Worst working invoronment imaginable
Stay away from this company
Cons
You get out what you put in!
FOH Staff (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire25 May 2018
very fast paced environment not for the faint hearted! I’m a firm believer you get out what you put in. Managers are fantastic, but you have to work hard and show commitment. But isn’t that what working is all about?!
My time spent at Derby Pierre’s is some of my most memorable and I grew in my time there. You are always praised where praise is due and given constructive criticism where needed.
Very flexible with shifts and hours, always willing to help out where needed for personal schedules.
A real social, fun loving place.
Pros
Great tips. Staff lunch while working on an open shift
Cons
Can be long hours especially through December.
Social, positive and empowering workplace
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire24 May 2018
The working environment in the restaurant was very positive and even when busy (which is often!) still had a great working atmosphere. Managers are very understanding and support well when asked for help.

As a workplace the tips are great and shared which means every waiter supports each other and even runners get good tips.

I’ve been waitering for ten years across 7 restaurants and this is the best place I’ve worked for overall experience. No ridiculous targets or boring mindless script to learn. Your common sense and social skills are encouraged (and kind of a requirement) and it can be fast paced but definitely feels like a team environment and not “every man for himself” like other restaurants!!!

Minimum wage with tips and pretty flexible with hours. Highly recommend for students and people looking to climb in hospitality.
Pros
Tips, lunch on the morning shift and great environment
Cons
Fast paced, probably not ideal for first job in hospitality
Fun workplace
Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare, Somerset14 March 2018
Long hours, fun to work at with colleagues, few perks, if any, no gratification for dedication, no support for work home life balance, or any help with development
productive and fun
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare8 March 2018
good place for a part time job however hours and expectations were long and high. New management not as good as the old management however still satisfactory
Fun place to work!
Waitress/Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Altrincham, Greater Manchester11 February 2018
Really nice environment to work in with really nice managers and staff! Good benefits of discount and food! Managers are flexible with when you want to work!
Pros
Discounts and good tips
Cons
Poor pay
not good
Waiting Staff (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire3 January 2018
you'll be offered part or full time but be given a 0-hour contract in which hours will sometimes be taken from you on the day and you'll be left on standby waiting to be called in on others.

pay is minimum wage, not £7.50 as advertised.

you will not be given a break even if you work 8/9 hours.

shifts are fast paced and stressful, management expect nothing but perfect performance to keep the money coming in and the reviews good.

AVOID unless you genuinely thrive under high pressure
Pros
Good amount of tips guaranteed per shift as everyone shares them.
Cons
No stability, no breaks, minimum wage, very stressful
Fast paced, exciting & a lot of room for progression!
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Middlesbrough17 November 2017
Been with the company for a few month now and can honestly say that out of every hospitality company i have worked for this is by far the best. The hours can be long but the management really value their staff and their is never a boring day. The management dont stand and watch the staff struggle and are just as involved as any other member of staff on the floor.
Would definitely recommend bistrot as a place to work, their is plenty of opportunity for progression within the company.
Was offered part time only to get a Zero Hour contract.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire13 November 2017
I worked here for a time, and always felt uneasy with the fact that I had a zero hour contract. the most shifts I had where 2 to 0 shifts a week. So this is disappointing to only come out with £100 for a months work. There was a lot of staff and they where still hiring for more when they could not even guarantee us part time or full time work. Do not work here unless you do not want any money.
Pros
Cons
Long hours with no breaks, Not knowing what you are doing until you arrive at work, you need to be 'the golden' ones to get the most shifts.
Awful place to work full of bullies and unprofessional managers
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare, Somerset11 November 2017
When working here as a young student I met some of the rudest people I had come across, they made me feel unwelcome and unwanted. They did a Good job at training for the first week that is but after that you're left to your own devices and not taken seriously when asking for help. I worked long shifts from 10-5 without a break and was 17 at the time, it was exhausting! Pay wasn't great it was slightly above minimum wage although tips were sometimes good. Managers showed favouritism and were totally unprofessional with the way they treated some of the young staff. Overall this job made me dread work and i often ended up panicking in the staff room- Which wasn't great when I had college work to deal with too!
Pros
Tips
Cons
No breaks long hours nasty staff
Kényelmes éttermi munkahely
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Bath, Anglia24 September 2017
Francia - angol étterem, ahol sikerült par francia szót elsajátítanom.
Why?
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Stockton Heath, Cheshire1 April 2017
Why work here? With their policy that doest pay.I ploughed my way through abandoned pots efficiently only to be told not quick enough.
In a nut shell the harder and faster you work the less you get paid, being more productive should have perks not penalties.
Very little scope for advancing , glad to have left its a chance to find a genuine career in hospitality
Pros
Tips
Cons
Lack of hours and career progression
Could be so much better if managed correctly
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Torquay, Devon28 January 2017
A nice restaurant to work for but the staff turnover is crazy, people would start and quit within a few weeks so we were always understaffed. The hours were annoying as we were always sent our rota the day before the new week, it could be Sunday 11pm and we would just find out our hours for the next day which is ridiculous for planning your life. Not once did I ever receive a break working there when I was legally entitled to. The split shifts were unfair, there were days I'd work from breakfast lunch and dinner and I'd still be sent home later than someone doing just a dinner shift. There was never any set hours of who finished when.
The tips were good but they are divided between the management, waiters and chefs so not as much as you would get in other restaurants.
It has so much potential to be great but some things really flaw Le bistrot pierre, if the management took time to listen to their workers and act upon these things it would really help them.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Split shifts, poor management
Awful place to work, truly disgusting
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Altrincham31 December 2016
They employ teenagers so that they can pay £4 an hour. Didn't get enough training so we were just thrown in the deep end and expected to know what to do. We didn't receive regular breaks meaning I was doing a 6pm-1am shift with no rest.

If we missed the last train/met we were expected to get a taxi when only getting paid £4 an hour. No interest in staff safety whatsoever.

Staff room was tiny and always a mess. Toilet bins overflowed constantly and the door had broken so there was no privacy. Empty bottles and cigarette packets were all over the place. The basket with dirty washing was always overflowing meaning dirty washing was all over the floor and it smelt

Managers were rude and didn't help, I received no reply with my resignation and am still waiting to be paid £70 for the work I had done

Work was really full on and definitely not worth the £4 an hour. They really took advantage of our age
Cons
Long hours, awful pay
Great company
Waiter and Bartender (Current Employee) –  Harrogate7 September 2016
Great place to work, the team both front of house and back of house are amazing. The management are easy to talk to if you have any problems.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Long days