Birmingham Women's and Children's NHS Foundation Trust

Birmingham Women's and Children's NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom20 reviews
I have worked at both sites.

Firstly I would not recommend the childrens at all. Sadly I'm not the only one. Management is terrible, you feel belittled.

However, the Woman's (where i work now) is much better. The management here is much better and feel supported.

Obviously wherever you work there will be people who talk behind your back, but it's not too bad here.
The matron for wards Is a bully and has discrimination towards staff.no support for staff and no progression only if your face fits.i wood not bother work here your not treated well.
one of the most draining places to work
very stressful, most the staff around the hospital are very rude and disrespectful. the work load compared to wages is appalling, and lastly, the "training" provided is of the worst quality
Shift work depending on area.
most enjoyable part of my role was working closely with mothers babies and their families.

Very supportive but again depends on which area of work
Each day I would do something different. There would be times where I wouldn't be sitting down which I liked. I would attend teachings presented by consulants and also research in progress meeting. I would also help any patients to where they need to go.
Pros
Something different everyday
Cons
Didn't work there long. But lovely place to work. Well friendly people. Really difficult seeing all the poorly children but made better by watching them develop
A fabulous team spirit, The Women's prides itself in supporting staff whilst providing outstanding care to women and their families.
A truly holistic approach to staff and users of its services.
Pros
Discount in hospital canteen
Cons
Pay for parking
It was my very first experience to work in a western country. My two years in BCH were outstanding mainly by virtue of outstanding team they have got in Pediatric Cardiac Surgery! Such a healthy environment and cooperative team. Two thumbs up!
Pros
Facilitating team in Pediatric cardiac surgery, good management
Cons
Being placed in city center, parking places are scarce.
interaction with children and families
my confidence around people has increased

people are always there to help

enjoyable part is when i make children smile

lovely working environment

happy to come to work everyday
Pros
staff discounts
Cons
evening shifts
They lack team work, too much backbiting and backstabbing amongst the staff. Not enough support when needed. I would not recommend anyone to work there especially in the A&E dept.
Pros
no pros
Cons
no cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Birmingham Women's and Children's NHS Foundation Trust?
Its a lovely place to work at, we get to meet people from different backgrounds.
busy environment which runs 24/7 a day.

new challenge each day, with some down falls which you learn to handle on a day to day basis's.
Great place to work. Staff are friendly and approachable with a good work ethic. If you enjoy working both in a team and also independently, this is a great place for you.
Everyone works hard together as one big family, particularly in hard times of which there are many. We have a great support network.

However on the negative side the on calls are exceptionally stressful as we are classed as a major trauma centre but have no night shift and only one ODP with no recovery after a certain time leaving the very urgent stuff in the night for the ODP to cover both roles together.
Pros
occasionally get to leave one hour early
Cons
mostly have to work late and very long hours
My job was most enjoyable, making a difference to the environment that I am employed and that above all else is important to me and always has been.

The management and workplace culture were busy but engaging and there were always visible results from any staff consultation.

The hardest part of my job was the inability to resolve all issues faced due to restrictions on budgets or ability to make a change with stakeholers.

The most enjoyable part was being able to influence policy and see those changes put in place, making a difference to what we delivered and thus achieved.
was able to work with amazing staff at the hospital.
built upon my skills of working with children and how to interact with them and parents. built upon my confidence.
Great place to work full of friendly people. would recommend anyone ho would think about applying there. Will be able to gain lot of experience with work
A typical day at this hospital involves managing the diary of two consultant plastic surgeons which also includes the outpatient and inpatient waiting lists. I am also involved in managing the outpatient clinics as well as MDT clinics. This is a thoroughly varied role which requires working as part of a team but also on my own initiative. The workplace culture is very friendly but professional at the same time. The hardest part of this job is to not get emotionally involved in issues arising from cancelled operations etc and to remain impartial but sympathetic at the same time. I thoroughly enjoy the variety of work that I am expected to do and have a keen interest in learning new medical terminologies all the time.
This hospital is well known for the staff being lovely and very professional

The hospital has recently joined with Birmingham Children hospital making it a very exciting changing environment to be part of
Pros
location
Cons
team work is key to the smooth running of list's for patient and staff a like , I learned a great deal from blood collection and life support to cleaning theatre's our work day's are varied and can be demanding it's the NHS so never a dull moment.
Pros
good pay, pension, nice co worker's
Cons
on call's
its a nice and friendly place to work. am still working their but i would like to change job from Domestic to healthcare assistant or housekeeping
Pros
every one buy their own lunch we have a canteen were we hav hot food
Cons
the hours is ok