Birmingham Museums Trust Employee Review

View all Birmingham Museums Trust reviews

Good place
Volunteer at Birmingham Museums and Art Gallery (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG24 July 2014
- If you are a volunteer you will receive a lot of support from the staff here
- There are a lot of training courses that are offered to the volunteers which might be very useful in your future job application
- The staff is nice and very supportive

Other Birmingham Museums Trust Employee Reviews

Birmingham Museums Trust is a good employer
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands30 January 2019
I volunteer here two days a week in two different roles. In one role, I have undertaken a variety of tasks, including helping write acquisition proposals for artworks and inventorying newly acquired works. In the other, I have been correcting data errors in the musuem's online catalogue. I work on a specific project until completed. I have learned much about the processes involved in buying and incorporating objects into the museum and the importance of accuracy in record keeping. All levels of management have always been supportive and friendly. The job often involves working independently, which can sometimes be lonely, but this is offset by helping make the artworks more accessible to the public.
Pros
Working with beautiful art
Cons
Independent working (at times)
Interesting experience
Museum Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands16 November 2018
I spend my working day checking that all areas and galleries are tidy and accessible to visitors and welcoming visitors. Planning guided tours focused on the museum's collections and interesting workshops for families and children.
Pros
Good staff
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Birmingham Museums Trust. Our community is ready to answer.

Birmingham Museums Trust Reviews by Location