Birmingham Museums Trust Employee Review

View all Birmingham Museums Trust reviews

Interesting experience
Museum Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands16 November 2018
I spend my working day checking that all areas and galleries are tidy and accessible to visitors and welcoming visitors. Planning guided tours focused on the museum's collections and interesting workshops for families and children.
Pros
Good staff

Other Birmingham Museums Trust Employee Reviews

Great work environment but no advancement
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham23 August 2019
I've been working at BMAG for a few months now and if you're a student or someone still living at home, this is a great place to work. Everyone gets on really well with each other and all the newbies are made to feel super welcome immediately. However, if you're looking for extra hours every now and then, it's very hard to come by, as well as promotion. The pay isn't great and if you don't qualify for sick pay your wage packet will take a big hit if you miss a day.
Pros
Good work environment, easy job
Cons
Low wages, lack of advancement/extra hours
Birmingham Museums Trust is a good employer
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands30 January 2019
I volunteer here two days a week in two different roles. In one role, I have undertaken a variety of tasks, including helping write acquisition proposals for artworks and inventorying newly acquired works. In the other, I have been correcting data errors in the musuem's online catalogue. I work on a specific project until completed. I have learned much about the processes involved in buying and incorporating objects into the museum and the importance of accuracy in record keeping. All levels of management have always been supportive and friendly. The job often involves working independently, which can sometimes be lonely, but this is offset by helping make the artworks more accessible to the public.
Pros
Working with beautiful art
Cons
Independent working (at times)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Birmingham Museums Trust. Our community is ready to answer.

Birmingham Museums Trust Reviews by Location