Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom42 reviews
Productive and fun place to work
Overall good place to work, management not so great
Typical day 9-5 Mon- Fri

Learnt lots through NHS funded courses

most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people everyday and being able to help them.
Pros
good working hours
Cons
no progression
Very relaxing place to work.
The staff is a joy to work with and understand team work and the management team is not in your face or on your back constantly but always there to give support when needed.
Pros
45 mins. for lunch instead of 30 mins.
Training for new staff
Training for new staff was very good and well.organised. Additional training relevant to your role was readily accessible.

Arriving on first day, they made so easy

People were very professional as I worked at various bases I was always made to feel welcome
Things need changing
There are a lot of things that need changing in this trust and i think many people who work for this trust would agree with me.

For starters, members of staff who are on the bank should be offered a permanent position after 1 year of working and also there should be room for development within the trust instead of having to go for an interview for every single job opportunity.
Stressful and unsupported by management.
Worked at BCHC for 12 years and then worked six months for IAPT. Returned as I enjoyed the job to be put on temporary contract to be told at short notice this would not be renewed.Thank goodness for my colleagues for support.
This is a very great place to work.
This is a great Foundation Trust where staff feel valued and able to provide positive patient care. The staff are very friendly and caring and patients are treated based on the core values Caring, Open, Respectful, Responsible and Inclusive.
Chaos
Bad management, change in working terms/conditions , closures of crucial services, constant shortage of staff , no career progression whatsoever , bad working conditions and work morale. Miserable /stressed faces from managers, constantly making changes and placing more pressure on hard working HCAs. You might as well sign yourself into slavery...
Stressful and soul destroying
Until the culture changes within the NHS, I would not recommend that any of my friends should work for this organisation. Unfortunately the NHS is severely short of workers in all disciplines and that is because
it is a thankless blame culture organisation.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Stressful, no chance of advancing further.
Very busy stressful
Every day is busy, and stressful
I have learned that you can give everything to your job and sometimes that’s not enough and management want much more from you.

Workplace is good but everyone is very stressed which causes anxiety

Hardest part of the job is volume of work and maintaining it to a manageable level

Most enjoyable part of the job is satisfaction when jobs complete which does not happen very often
Pros
Occasional happy faces
Cons
Not finishing on time
Staff were very dedicated.
It was difficult to have a work life balance. Staff worked hard to maximise the resources and time available, however it was necessary to accumulate own resources, make preparations and carry out some work in own time.
not great
people and company are okay at best. it is understaffed and people are over-worked. bullying is common place and no one enjoys their job.
would not recommend.
Pros
cake at meetings
Cons
understaffed, lack of decent management, no atmosphere, stressed staff.
good
Great supportive team to work with. Enjoy working with children in different schools. The hardest part currently is not knowing the future of my service as there is uncertainty.
Pros
support from team members
Cons
budget cuts in my sector
All based on short term contracts with the Trust Bank.
The people I worked with day to day were fine but senior management is poor. I think there has been enough said in the media about the NHS without me adding to the narative.
Pros
Nature of service
Cons
Poor progression, friends mentality.
Stable job
Work involves working on VDU on a daily bases.

Able to gain knowlege and skill of using organisatons systems

Communication average.

Flexi working
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Salaries could be better.
Lovely place to work
The day-to-day was lovely, but it was very slow at times and there wasn't as much to do - but it was a work placement, not a full time job so for what it's worth, it was a great and friendly environment and the staff were welcoming and helpful.
Pros
Free Tea
Cons
Little Work
ok enjoyed working here
This is pointless I just want to upload my CV
The job was fine

I want more money

The hours are long

I have to go to some horrible areas

The people I work with are nice.
good place to work
the job can be pressurised at times. Generally an interesting and rewarding job but sometimes frustrating, with the amount of calls, and too much to do, not enough time. They need more staff. People are nice to work with although it takes a long to get things done as it is so busy. Nice building, nice place to sit and eat lunch outside, good canteen.
Pros
People bring in cake sometimes, reasonable hours, nice building.
Cons
Don't get paid much considering the amount of work, too many calls coming in, not enough staff to keep on top of it.
good workplace
I enjoyed my time with this trust, however there is a lack of security, i.e job cuts. I gained much knowledge and experience during my employment. Even the temporary assignments are useful.
I had the opportunity to take part in events and facilitate inductions and training programmes, I gained in confidence.
Pros
Good working hours
Cons
no security
Okay for a first Job
Birmingham Community Healthcare Trust isn't a bad place to work and there is always work available here. i wish there was some form of secretary with jobs as there are a lot of cuts being made at this moment in time.

I have noticed within my 3 and a half ywars of working here that there are manyu departments who do not have permanent members of staff but they are happy to keep Foxed-Term or Agency and Bank staff. This is not a company that I feel like i can stay in any longer so I feel like I am Basically being forced to leave this company and go to another one.

Sometimes Managers don't help the situation either because they never give positive information and they are willing to keep people for a lower pay who can't even do the job correctly.

I would just advise to rethink before applying for the NHS as the Banding is never fair either, I feel like the amount of work that we do for what we get paid is not correct. People get paid Band 3 pay when they are doing Band 5 work, where is the justice in that?
Pros
Pub Lunches
Cons
Job Banding is not right.
Great place to work at
I've been there over 12 years, I work with a lovely team. I have gained a lot of experience working with this multidisciplinary team.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Demanding
A typical day would involve, working as a team,supporting service users with all their personal care needs, assisting with feeding if required and completing daily nursing notes.
Since working for the trust I had learned the importance of working as a team ,maintaining an empathetic approach towards service users feelings, promoting choice and independence and utilizing manual handling equipment.

Whilst working for the trust I did not experience any issues with management,

I thought that the trust employed a mixture of individuals from different cultural back grounds.

I thought the hardened part of the job was having to cope with the demands of the ward when the hospital was short staffed.

I enjoyed meeting services users form all walks of life and found it very rewarding when I was able to contribute to making a difference within individual lives
Pros
Very Productive
Cons
short staffed on wards, resulting to added pressure on ward staff..
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9