Birmingham City Council Employee Reviews

Placement
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham20 February 2018
I received excellent support and guidance throughout my first practice placement. I had the opportunity to hone my skills as a social worker. I was provided with excellent opportunities
Productive work place
Street Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Birmingham10 February 2018
I would go into work sign in then gather work mates jump in the van and go clean the streets like overgrown alleyways edging the footpaths graffiti removing and then putting green bags in the waste management truck then go an dispose it ar violia
Pros
One
Positive work place
Waste Collector (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands1 February 2018
Working on the bins was a early start job witch u need to get stuck right in, positive work colleagues who work together as a trange to get the job finished
supportive company
Community Enablement Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands30 January 2018
always provided with referrals
excellent work life balance
in passed gave excellent training but not anymore
very good support to community
worked for them for 23 years
very good
Refuse Collector (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands25 January 2018
I enjoyed my job as a bin man and other roles id had to take part in I as happy to be part of the team made friends and helping the streets to stay clean
Challenging
EHC Transfer Review Officer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands17 January 2018
Job is constantly changing. There are no days the same. It is very challenging but rewarding when you achieve good results for the service users you work with.
Ok
Part time Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands17 January 2018
ok for a part time students job whilst studying. pay isn't very good but as a casual worker you can boost your income by choosing to do more hours. staff are friendly too.
productive and fun
Birmingham (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands16 January 2018
I absolutely loved working for Birmingham City Council. I would go back to the same job any day as i enjoyed it very much.

As a result of becoming a full time mummy at the time i had to give it up but would definitely say that it was the best place i work in.
Pros
flexibility
ok
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Birmingham11 January 2018
Its ok good staff lots of changes all the time, busy, on the go all the time. Good employees to work for. Work life balance not really the best but workable
Dull Working Enviroment
Document Indexer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham10 January 2018
Some lovely staff but working environment is very quiet with management not liking much colleague to colleague interaction. Repetitive tasks and poor management, with little interaction.
Enjoyed it!
Part-time Youth worker (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands10 January 2018
I enjoyed my time with Birmingham council as play worker. i gained valuable experience which i can apply if future roles.
I enjoyed making a difference to many childrens lives
Birmingham City Council
Neighbourhood Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands8 January 2018
great working for my city council i learned alot of skills
working for the council hard landscaping and soft landscaping
the people were great great fun
Pros
free lunch
very nice
Refuse Collector & Loader (Former Employee) –  Birmingham10 December 2017
I work for extra personnel agency and I was loder colection .working for birmingham city council. I work abaut 2 years and 6 months
Pros
fre lunxhes
Cons
normal hours
Worked in a school
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham9 December 2017
Education is now more about paper work than education. The council also has to be ruthless with budget cuts which means less staff and more children. Overall a good place to work, but not much work life balance.
Day at fostering services
Professional Support Officer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham City Centre, West Midlands22 November 2017
I manage a caseload of 100 foster carers payments and weekly pay them in a timely manner. through this I communicate with carers, social workers and team managers. I have learned effective communication skills.

During our meetings I take minutes for the actions necessary I enjoy doing this. we all work well as a team and individual basis. The hardest part is when you don't get the paperwork from social workers or notification from team mangers and there's gaps in pay and then I have to go back correct it all which results in over and under payaments.

I enjoy liaising with carers and answering their queries successfully. I like completing my work in a time frame that gives me job satisfaction.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
no incentives and our team had alot of relocations
Good establishment to work for
KS2 Teacher (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands21 November 2017
I have worked within Birmingham City Council since I qualified as a teacher. I have worked at the same school. It is a good school and supported by the local council.
Pros
Children are lovely
Productive and fun work
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  birmingham city centre19 November 2017
Busy call centre environment. Good mangers and friendly work atmosphere. There is a lot of jobs within the council and there a lot progression if you are willing to learn and adapt.
Pros
Good Pension
Cons
No free parking (expensive)
A typical day at work
Housing Benefit Officer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands16 November 2017
I currently enjoy working at Birmingham city council and the people I work with are great. I feel its time to move on to progress my career and find a new challenge.
fun place to work, hard times at the moment
Nursery Nurse (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands13 November 2017
the buildings themselves are fun as the staff who work there work hard for their clients. knowing your job is on the line all the time isn't much fun at the moment.
Pros
great team to work in
Cons
loss of job could be at any time
good place to work
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands8 November 2017
All of the above tasks are carried out after 2 weeks of shadowing when new staff start, once they are confident and once they have completed all the mandatory and specific training to service.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
lots of phone calls