Birmingham Airport Employee Reviews

Great place
Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  Birmingham7 March 2018
Really enjoyed working here i wouldnt of left if i didnt have to as the time i was here the recession hit and we was made redundant long hours but great pay
Pros
great pay
Cons
Very high level of security
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands1 March 2018
Very high level of security none stop 10 hour days sometimes you work none stop then you have your quote periods. 5 days on 3 off during summer winter you get a few days off to make up for summer.
Pros
45 minute dinner
Cons
10 hour days
Good
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Security17 October 2017
Enjoyable, decent working hours. Must have good foot wear stand on your feet a lot not really change to sit down
Helpful, understanding
Decent breaks .
Cargo Warehouse Operative
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  dnata12 October 2017
I worked for dnata as a Warehouse Operative in the cargo area.
The facilities and equipment were woefully inadequate and the management inexperienced and lacking man management skills.
My colleagues were a mixture from good, honest people to unscrupulous snakes. Unfortunately, some of the latter were in controlling positions which added to the air of doom in the place.
The wage may seem attractive for work of this nature but the working environment is extremely poor.
If, however, you enjoy brown nosing, skulduggery and workplace politics this is the place for you!
Pros
Free tea
Cons
Extremely poor working environment
workplace culture
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham / Airport11 October 2017
in airport are a lot of shops and small and big businesses. famous brands and always busy. I loved work at Airport but more i loved my company, my team.
Very active place of work. In the public eye for the time you are on shift. Shift working of all hours
Aviation Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Security7 August 2017
Provides new challenges, very much face to face with passengers flying out. Great people to work with. Working in shifts but could be early mornings or on afternoons.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Long hours.
Good environment, Nice people
Bar Packer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham International Airport, West Midlands23 May 2017
Early morning start 6am to 5:30am soon as I get there abt 5:30 have free breakfast and coffee then start shift by seeing what needs to me achevied on the day then straight to work having to breaks and a 30 min lunch till the end of shift. Mangement easy to get along with no problem.
Beauty consultant
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham / Airport19 April 2017
My typical day on the airport is to first arrive on time, clean my workplace. Be always very well dressed and have full makeup on. I must to know about the products that I am selling, helping the costumers choose the right products to buy. I am constantly having trainings about the new products and brands. I have the opportunity to speak in Portuguese, Italian, Spanish and English. The target is always a challenge but it is rewarding when you know that you have helped the costumers and they feel well and grateful.
Pros
I love to work with cosmetic
Cons
do not have constant shifts
Great environment to work but managers don't care about staff
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Security department11 April 2017
Security- you are now just a number and management just don't care.
Environment itself is great, the job demanding, most colleagues are fantastic.
Training is fairly good.
If managers treated you as humans and understood employees needs and concerns then maybe it would be a great place to work. Emphasis on customer service, used to be not any more. Security department is demanding can go up to 5 hours without breaks, should have improved, don't let them fool you. Employee morale totally low. Hopefully someone someday will bring it back to its glory.
Pros
Can have job security, colleagues
Cons
Managers, shifts, long time without breaks, low morale
great for meeting people
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Birmingham19 March 2017
to assist passengers on and off aircraft and around the airport, deal with any inquiries passengers had. to collect baggage trollies from around airport grounds and put them into required areas,
Pros
good rota system
Cons
Interesting to learn about new things
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham / Airport17 February 2017
Management is not interested In offering you any support all they are interested in is who they can stab in the back to climb the career ladder. Good shift system of 5 days on 3 days off but working hours can be anywhere from 0300 hrs until 22.00 hrs. If you are eager to experience every type of training this job is not for you. I had to spend unpaid overtime to get trained on equipment. Very much one of those if your face fits company.
Pros
Cons
everything
amazing experience
Shadowing (Former Employee) –  Birmingham / Airport8 February 2017
I wish that I could do this again I went from the terminal to fire station to control tower to airfield operations to mechanical transport
Pros
got to see how the airport works
Cons
only done it for 1 week
It is a very interesting and busy work place.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands8 February 2017
A typical day could start at 04-00am and finish at 16-00.I have learned all aspects of security in the job I did at the airport. The airport management were very fare in there dealings with the staff. There was a very good culture at the airport which made it very easy and enjoyable to work with other staff members. If I was to say which part of the job was the most difficult to handle it would be the hours(12hrs)trying to keep alert for that length of time.
Pros
Subsidised cafeteria.
British Airways
Ground Services Team Leader / British Airways (Former Employee) –  Birmingham20 November 2016
This review is no longer pertinent as British Airways no longer have a base at Birmingham Airport. But when I worked for them they were excellent employers.
productive and a fun work place
Aviation Security Agent (Current Employee) –  Birmingham Airport7 November 2016
Aviation Security involves full high alert for the airlines
learned to be more alert different aspects of my job role
love meeting new people
Aviation security
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham11 September 2016
Highly security areas given the current security situation in Europe and the world.
a lot of interaction with travelling people
Always alert and attentive to the goings around you

management always supportive and within reach if needed
Good team workers
Operating X-Ray machine to detect explosives.
Solving passenger problems and providing them with safe travel
Pros
Cons
normal
general assistant
Alpha LSG Sky Chef (Former Employee) –  Birmingham6 June 2016
I am a hard worker and can work in a team or on my own. You can be sure I will not work hard throughout the whole weekend, so what have you got to lose? I am so excited about this opportunity and really want to work here. I have heard really good things about the exciting opportunity and want to experience it for myself.
Pros
free launch
Vibrant & fun workplace
Promotions Consultant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham / Airport8 April 2016
Great place to work if you like interacting with the public.
You have the best opportunity to use any language skills you have.
The staff on the shop floor are all very friendly & helpful & we have a great working relationship.
Targets are sometimes difficult to achieve with people being more cautious with their money in the current climate though. Everybody wants a 'bargain'.
Early start times & sometimes late finishing times are sometimes difficult however you some get used to them & get into a routine.
The most rewarding part of the job is seeing a customer leave feeling fulfilled & very happy with the service they have received, having a smile on their face & having had a great experience within World Duty Free!
Pros
Fun, vibrant environment
Cons
Early start times
very good experiance
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham / Airport5 April 2016
greeting passengers checking them and departing flights and some times arriving flight. Its a very busy and fast paced working area,
fun workplace
team member/hot chef (Current Employee) –  Birmingham6 January 2016
I've learned how to deal with different types of customers. The best team ever. The hardest part of the job is to wakeup at 1 am and go to work.