Bird In Hand

Bartender1 review
United Kingdom1 review
Found 1 review matching the search
Professional yet fun workplace
A typical day would be greeting customers, taking food and drink orders and cleaning on days when it is quiet. There is also the aspect of running food, communicating with the kitchen if you have a difficult order and helping customers with enquiries. I have gained extensive bar training and working behind the bar has also enabled me to make connections and relationships with the customers in order to make them comfortable in their surroundings.

The management here is extremely good, they listen to your needs, are very caring and you can easily negotiate shifts with them. That is another thing that I like about working here, the flexible hours which is perfect for someone that has a hobby in their spare time. The team is very tight knit and anyone new that starts working there are greeted very warmly and are quickly integrated into the team. This is one aspect of the job that I like as I find if you have close relationships at work then you work much better as a team and it makes the day/shift easier as well.

The hardest part of the job would be the long hours, especially if it is a busy shift as you can sometimes be on your feet all day. It can also be particularly stressful if you are short staffed or are just overwhelmed with customers but you just have to learn to stay calm and get on with the job. It helps hugely when you know you have a supportive team behind your back and generally these really difficult shifts only happen a handful of times in the year.

What I enjoy most about the job is creating relationships with not only your team but the customers as
 - more...
Pros
Discount on food/flexible hours/good management/tips
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bird In Hand. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7