Bird In Hand

Bird In Hand Employee Reviews

Professional yet fun workplace
A typical day would be greeting customers, taking food and drink orders and cleaning on days when it is quiet. There is also the aspect of running food, communicating with the kitchen if you have a difficult order and helping customers with enquiries. I have gained extensive bar training and working behind the bar has also enabled me to make connections and relationships with the customers in order to make them comfortable in their surroundings.

The management here is extremely good, they listen to your needs, are very caring and you can easily negotiate shifts with them. That is another thing that I like about working here, the flexible hours which is perfect for someone that has a hobby in their spare time. The team is very tight knit and anyone new that starts working there are greeted very warmly and are quickly integrated into the team. This is one aspect of the job that I like as I find if you have close relationships at work then you work much better as a team and it makes the day/shift easier as well.

The hardest part of the job would be the long hours, especially if it is a busy shift as you can sometimes be on your feet all day. It can also be particularly stressful if you are short staffed or are just overwhelmed with customers but you just have to learn to stay calm and get on with the job. It helps hugely when you know you have a supportive team behind your back and generally these really difficult shifts only happen a handful of times in the year.

What I enjoy most about the job is creating relationships with not only your team but the customers as
 - more...
Pros
Discount on food/flexible hours/good management/tips
Cons
Fun workplace
A typical day at work is not stressful despite some days being busy, and at the end of a shift it can be very rewarding. I have learned how to develop my skills in working under pressure and taking initiative. The hardest part of the job is cleaning up at the end of the shift as it is extensive for health and safety reasons but can be very tiring after a difficult shift. Colleagues are very friendly and we often helped each other get through a service in whatever way possible.
Pros
Free food, tips available
Cons
Long hours, varied work load
Constantly get messed about
Never got paid on time
Always giving me shifts last minute

No breaks allowed

Always managed to find a excuse for everything

Talked trash behind everyone's back
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bird In Hand?