Bird & Bird

Bird & Bird Employee Reviews

Very rewarding.
Switchboard Supervisor (Former Employee) –  City of London, Greater London28 November 2018
This law firm is an international law firm that has been established for many years.
I started as a receptionist many years ago and worked my way up over the years to become a switchboard supervisor.
I trained and supervised a team of receptionist and operators making sure that all the people they assisted had a seamless journey. My main role was as follows:
Supervising operators.
Dealing with audio conferencing.
Handling the monthly billing of audio conference calls.
Dealing and being the first point of contact for potential new clients.
Liaising with secretaries across the firm.
Correspondence and problem solving.
Pros
Free uniform and interest free travel loan
Great place to work!
Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London27 November 2018
I have worked here for over 5 years now and can honestly say it is a great place to work. For me being at a company that values its employees and understands the importance of having a work life balance is really important!
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Free Coffee!
Excellent workplace all round
HRIS Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London27 November 2018
Great culture. Really nice work environment. Good starting pay. Excellent work/life balance.

Management are really supportive and everyone is really friendly.
Working day
Associate Solicitor (Current Employee) –  Milan-London5 September 2018
Generally, I start to work around 8-9 a.m.; what I do depend on the kind of job that I have to finish (write contract, write judicial acts, transactions or others), However before to do that I use to do legal researches on database an update regarding the new cases and doctrine, in the way to be always updated in relation with different matters.
I have some calls with clients or them representative.
I have a quick lunch and I restart.
I finish around 8 p.m. if I have no particular deadlines.
The hardest part is to understand clients and transform what they want in legal words.
The most enjoyable when they say "it is perfect".
I feel like a tailor who has created his art.
Pros
be useful
Cons
read too much
flexible
crm coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chancery Lane Station10 October 2017
lovely place to work, not much grow prospects, young marketing team but very poor in terms of growth but they do provide a great deal of work life balance
Pros
flexible environment
Cons
no growth
Motivating work place
Work Experience (Current Employee) –  Chancery Lane Station9 September 2017
Meeting many lawyers and other experienced members a part of the law firm enabled me to be highly motivated. I gained many skill such as communicating with many strangers and public speaking in front of many people.
Excellent Working Enviroment
Legal Cashier (Former Employee) –  London4 January 2017
I joined the finance team as a temp for a short period, definitely one of the best firms I have worked at.

Head Legal cashier made work life really good for her staff, very helpful with queries and made all members of the team.

Would like to work there permanantly
Pros
People
Cons
I don't work there
It's a good place to work and they will alway help you to succeed
Senior Software Analyst (Current Employee) –  London, United Kingdom29 July 2013
A typical day varies between dealing with support calls from other support staff in other offices to and working of projects such as Archiving Solution, Document Migrations, Document Imports and Exports. My knowledge has been primarily focused around the Document Management System developed by Autonomy which is used in quite a lot of Legal Firms in Europe and I have a very good understanding of it's services. My co-workers are very good people to work with and is partly the reason why I've work for this firm for almost 5 years.The hardest part I'd say is managing multple projects and user related issues at the same time but I've been doing it so long that it's no where near as hard as it used to be. The most enjoyable part of my job is when we successfully complete a project or a task to our users satisfaction.
Pros
Free corporate functions; Christmas and summer parties.
Cons
Long hours but I always expected that.