Bill's Restaurants
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Bill's Restaurants Employee Reviews

United Kingdom165 reviews
Was to serve happy customers and also when the restaurant wasn't too full everything was going as planned. Not rushing at all Which made it for us waiters enjoyable.
Bill's was a great employer, providing proper training and a great working environment. You would get great quality food on shift which was a huge plus.
I loved working at Bills in two different branches.
Both branches were very busy and intense, however I learnt a lot in my time and would recommend working at Bills.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Have lost the key values which the company was founded on. The culture that developed strong management and Headoffice team no longer exists . It feels like the company no longer cares about the team or quality. Have lost a lot of strong managers over the years and training standards have reduced. This has resulted in the brand and core values which made the company great no longer... followed.
Pros
Hard to find in the current structure
Cons
Lack of direction. Unfair inconsistent treatment. Good quality diminished.
colleagues are very helpful which allows you too settle in quickly. You will spend a lot of time on you feet, which makes the days pass quickly as you are most of the time always doing something.
Very Fast Paced, but easily manageable if you stay on top of everything and are organised.

Decent Wage and you get to keep your own tips.

Competitive work environment with incentives for staff members who sell the most amount of a certain product
Pros
Tips
Cons
Can be too fast paced at times
Has no idea what the brand is - went from causal breakfast to fine dining smartly dressed with an old man's shed as the setting & outdated menu - poor management, poor self-development, and poor training.
Pros
Free water from the tap
Cons
No life while working with Bills
was a waitress there for 9 months and the managers were unbelievable... time off was impossible, managers were harsh and told you they didnt like you or said “you should look for a different job” despite being a pretty good waitress and getting 5 star reviews on trip advisor. They were always understaffed so the work was unbelievably stressful! They treated the waitresses as if they were in competition constantly and the pay was unfair, i was paid £6 an hour whereas new waitresses were offered £8.50! honestly
Used to be a fantastic place to work, recently the company seems to have lost it's core values of being a family place to work. Taking away staff discounts and bonuses really drove the dagger into the heart for many people. Management frequently lie to employees about future promotions etc. Poor choices for head chef and managers. The area managers only care about the sites that are making money, and will bully the other sites and not help until the team at that site decides to leave. Telling members of staff to hand in their notice or they will get fired.
Bills doesn't know what it's values or what they stand for. They have no loyalty to their employees they toos you out like trash don't work for bills.
Pros
Cons
No service charge they say you get service charge but you don't
Recently whole work ethic changed to money-grabbing business. Little care for workers as they just want to boost sales and make more money.
Took out good management as seen to be too nice to workers and replaced with unqualified and knowledgeable managers.
Poor Management, the workload was excessive and not worth the hourly rate. The only thing I enjoyed about my time working at Bill's was the lunch breaks and when the shift ended.
Pros
Free Lunch
Nice place for work, pleasant and friendly environment, colleagues are all in a good mood to help, there is teamwork,is an organized place to work,
with many opportunities for development.
I learnt and lot and met some amazing people. I felt after a few years I needed a change. I had been moved around a lot and had worked for them for a while and had good progression.
As far as chain restaurants go, Bill's is definitely a good one. Meals on duty and 25% discount. It's not exactly anything special because I feel like a lot of chains are all very smiliar
Pros
Meals on duty
Cons
16 hours a week is their full time contract
really nice place to work,
the food is very varied and they have many types of hamburgers. the work environment is very nice.

all payments are correct and bosses are exceptional
Often times things are either really slow or really fast and the fast moments can be stressful but is all made up for in the slower periods where you can take your time
Pros
Free staff food( occasionally)
Cons
Loads of call ins for cover shifts
A typical day working for Bill's can vary from a relaxed customer focused environment, to a stressful fast paced profit focused environment. Bill's are good at adapting to social changes, and reacting to changes in the industry.
When I joined Bill's, within 2 weeks over 4 people had left and I didn't understand why however once I'd been there less than a month I realised how poor the management was. No one in the restaurant has respect for each other so the Front of House team do not work well together and it is a bad environment to work in.
Coming from different types of environment, Bill's is an amazing place to learn. All the rush hours makes you learn and trust yourself, and the management trusts you, and respects you as a person.
Bill's is a great company to work for. Unfortunately external factors meant that I was unable to continue working with them but I would 100% recommend Bill's as an amazing and supportive place to work.