Bield Housing Association Employee Reviews

As below
Ex Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Fife14 September 2018
Sad to say but Bield is no longer the company it once was. To many chiefs and not enough indians. Policies and procedures are in place but some of them could have come out of a comic.Some of the hierarchy tend to change the goal posts depending on if your face fits. Glad im out of it.
Pros
Very flexible
Cons
Expect too much from staff now.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Scotland3 May 2018
A good company who give plenty paid training to the cook. Left to run own kitchen but with a gpod social balance from scheme assistant and management. Few stressful moments but it's never anything major.
Pros
Ok hourly pay. 1 hour break. Paid training. Own food ordering.
Cons
Not many. Sometimes the first day back each week is a bit carnage for a few hours.
Fantastic!!
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Lothian1 February 2018
I currently work for bield and they are a fantastic company to work for. The management are helpful, friendly and supportive, team are a great bunch, clients are fantastic. Travel time between calls, no rushing around. Would recommend bield to anyone.
Pros
Helpful management, team are great, travel time
Cons
Good
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Dunbar30 January 2018
I really benefitted from this experience. I learnt how to communicate and teach others, as well as building rapport with people I am not familiar with
Residents and staff make it a very enjoyable place to work
Housing Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Dunbartonshire24 January 2018
I previously worked for West Dunbartonshire Council, and I can wholeheartedly say that working for Bield is definitely more rewarding. Ok, I am doing a different line of work but they actually ‘care’ for their staff...as human beings. Well done Bield!!!
Pros
Care for their staff
Rubbish place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Bathgate16 June 2017
Work here for many of years management is really bad just a number weekend work rotation pay not that great either expect to do everything got no thanks
Pros
Cons
Weekends all the time no rotation or extra pay for working weekends
excellent company to work for
Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glenrothes, Fife27 March 2017
pick up client and escort to hospital appointment, listen to instructions to be carried out at clients home pass information on to manager to be recorded in notes and passed on to relevant members of staff,return client home safely lunch,medication given, care plan filled in. safety check carried out, on to next client.respect, to take information and relay back to approprate staff ,time keeping ,understanding clients needs,confidentiality.management always approachable . great workplace for all cultures. the hardest part has to be fighting traffic to get to and from clients at set times. this has to be the clients all very different and all with lovely stories to tell a very rewarding job in all aspects .
Pros
near hand
Cons
traffic
work
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, SCT15 November 2013
I loved doing this job but circumstances at the time required me to work full time. This was only a part time post