Bidwells Employee Reviews

Beautiful Location
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Trimley St Mary10 May 2017
There is no typical day at work. It would be anything from answering the phones and filing to doing site inspections with the Facilities Manager.

The staff are nice, but there is poor communication from the management and the line manager has no people skills.
Pros
Free Tea and Coffee
Cons
Its miles from anywhere and I rely on public transport.
Friendly and welcoming workplace
Residential Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire7 May 2017
Friendly and welcoming team, happy to answer questions and let you get involved. I was allowed to move between teams and they thought outside the box to improve my experience, for example I was allowed to attend a planning meeting etc
Productive and rewarding
Marketing Executive (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire15 March 2017
Focused on people and working better together. Rewarding personally and professionally. Give opportunity to progress and better yourself. Supportive attitudes,
Just what I was looking for
Administrator/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Cambridgeshire26 July 2016
So far I've been really happy with everything at Bidwells, from the recruitment process to my day to day job everything has been fantastic for me.

I left a completely chaotic employer and an overworked manager who had no time to think let alone manage a team. Bidwells have been the polar opposite and it's a welcome change.

In only a few months I think that my work ethic has been recognised and feel that there are lots of opportunities to progress. I couldn't have hoped for a better start to a new job!
Pros
Transparent, keen to help me progress, great manager.
Cons
Early days, but I haven't found any yet.
Driven to succeed!
Receptionist/Administrator (Current Employee) –  UK26 July 2016
Very structured company - excellent support system in place. Always something new to learn. Supportive management - great co-workers who are striving daily for the client's needs. Hard work daily which gives a sense of achievement at the end of the day. Good pension and private health care package.
Pros
A system in place for everything!
Committed to a cohesive work environment
Business Support Services (Current Employee) –  Oxford26 July 2016
Every day varies due to the nature of my role. I move between the offices quite a lot and I can genuinely say I have never worked anywhere where everyone is so friendly and welcoming in each.

There seems to be a Bidwells way, and everyone has bought into it with ease. You work hard, you get to know one another, and it all fits.

As far as I can tell, it's all open door policy and everyone is very approachable and will always give time to speak to you about a work matter or your weekend.

Its seeped in culture and everyone is very proud of the Bidwells history, so I think getting to the 21st Century is a challenge for some. That said, they are embracing the new branding and have a new lease of life for getting out into the market place.

Can highly recommend Bidwells for the work life balance, and also the quality of work we do as a firm.
A lovely place to work with great people.
Support Services Officer (Current Employee) –  UK23 July 2016
Very active support services role helping us review the service we provide to the business.
I have learned a tremendous amount about the business as all levels of management and staff are prepared to spend time with new people.
In doing so it is evident that the professional advice the business provides is of the highest quality.
Pros
Professional environment and fun.
Cons
Very busy.
Work hard, play hard
Planner (Current Employee) –  UK22 July 2016
The days are normally very busy but despite this people are still very friendly and upbeat within the office. On a daily basis I complete planning appraisals and prepare application for submission. To date I have learnt huge amounts from experienced colleagues and have been fortunate in having highly supportive managers who seek to assist in any way that they can. My co-workers are all highly motivated and friendly, creating a great vibe within the office. The hardest part of the job is regularising the workload on a day to day basis. The most enjoyable part of my job are the people I work with and the social side to working at Bidwells.
Pros
Lovely colleagues, great team outings and supportive management
Cons
Everyone is very busy
175 year old Company
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Cambridgeshire23 June 2016
Great people to work with
Routine daily work
Not really appreciated by management for the work you do
Most enjoyable part of the job - my coworkers
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Poor management
Good place to work, very sad to have been made redundant
Secretary/Administrator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kings Langley, Hertfordshire15 October 2012
Start the day by looking at Manager's and team members diaries, email reminders or instructions where necessary.
Open, distribute post.
Answer telephone queries and action where necessary or pass on to relevant team member.
All correspondence, invoicing, filing, photocopying, scanning, adding/editing databases.
Arranging for requested files to be retrieved from outside storage system, return files that were no longer needed and archive any files no longer current, add/transfer/delete from live/dead in-house. system.
Visit post office with recorded/special delivery envelopes, parcels.
Arrange couriers.
Travel arrangements/train timetables/AA routes for Manager as and when required.
Checking/franking post.
Any other ad-hoc duties for team or any other colleagues who needed assistance.
Hardest part of my job would be when the residential manager was on holiday or his day off once a week. Dealing with his tenants/landlords queries. Anything from plumbing problems to security of tenure/leases.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bidwells. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2