BHC Employee Reviews

Concrete finisher
Concrete Finisher (Former Employee) –  Carnwath5 February 2019
Bhc is owned by a farmer , the whole company has a farmer mentality , the corners ive seen cut , the botched jobs , the total disorganization is absolutly distressing ,. I worked there for three years and was no better thought of on my last day , than i was on my first. My average week was 70 hours , travelling the length and breadth of the country for this mob , and no thanks were givin. They took 30 crummock men on in July, since then it got even worse on the organisation side of things , basically the right hand dosent know what the left hands doing . They want silk purses from pigs ears , what I mean is the expect a perfect finish on jobs with all the wrong broken tools , now let's get to the management , my manager had no clue about any aspects of concrete ,so what chance do have? , the coudnt be more down putting or , sarcastic , Also the lousy ppl payed us all of in the 21st of December, the day we knocked of for Christmas this is the kind of people your dealing with , lousy rotten ppl . They layed all the guys off that know concrete, and kept all the crummock men , who by the way couldnt put a nut in a monkey's mouth, after 3 years of service with 70-90 hours a week , they just tossed me like an old tracksuit, the whole place is run like a concentration camp , and if u dont like it you can sit in the house , this is what I heard a project manager say to my supervisor when he asked a question that the project manager didnt like , to sum up take my advice stay away from bhc it will take your soul and crush it . But only after youv worked 100 hours that week
Pros
Cons
Worst management iv ever saw
Joke
vvv (Current Employee) –  vvv15 November 2018
during my time working here I feel like the place has went down hill a lot. Living in the area locally I feel like it is an absolute disgrace to be called a locally ran company. The management are an absolute joke. It is ran by monkeys in a cage! DO NOT WORK HERE

Supervisors couldn't even supervise there self in the toilet never mind a World wide company.

Maintenance are the biggest joke about...… You know who you are
Pros
There is none
Cons
Theres loads
Clueless!
Plater (Current Employee) –  Carnwath12 November 2018
If you have a life outside of work this place is not for you! Current management are utterly clueless. Trained monkeys could do a better job. You will be expected to work awful shift patterns for terrible money. Moral amongst the workers is rock bottom for example you will probably need to fight the wages department most weeks just to get what you're owed. Every week there will be a new rule that will make you lose the will to live just that little bit more. Eventually they will take your soul and you will be too broken to notice. Before you know it your partner will have left you, your kids will be estranged, your whole life will only be about bhc! You will find yourself sharing bhc posts on Facebook but nobody will like them. PLEASE PLEASE AVOID THIS COMPANY!!
Sweat shop
Welder (Current Employee) –  Welder11 November 2018
Not a very pleasant place to work ,full of kids and hardly any trademens left sadly
Pays poor ,shifts aren’t that great
And you have to watch certain people like the drone scurrying around the shop floor with his direct link to the beast lol and the yes men on the shop floor
The toilets aren’t fit for pigs lol
The job is a canter though
And the working lads are a Good bunch but the company ethos is terrible
Pros
Cons
Endless list of
Cant understand the negative reviews?
Plater/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Carnwath4 November 2018
During my time here, I had opportunities of advancement and found that if you come and do your job you will have no issues. Spoke with the owner himself on a few occasions and was always very pleasant and hands on. Have had much worse supervisors, but then I attended and did my job. Always money being invested and it's one of the cleanest fab shops I have encountered. There are very many worse places than this to work.
Pros
Clean steel, clean workshop, modern equipment and methods. Managers that have the time of day for you.
Cons
Friday finishing time.
avoid this company it is the new bone steel
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Carnwath27 October 2018
The place is run by idiots and yes men and country bumpkins .they have no value of there men or the staff who built the company ,if you value good quality of life avoid this company at all costs i worked there for two years some and the place is the pits and overall moral is very low .the wages is based on a band system and they can down grade you at any time which is illegal am sure .they want you to be a robot and have no life as the shifts and the money are shocking .Bhc is a company built on greed and exploiting the work force to squeeze every drop of sweat out the force .
there are lots of good people work here and the job is easy also but the management have no clear concept of how to run a company and look after its work force who kep the company afloat .

this is a honest opinion of my time in bhc
Pros
Cons
bad shifs, bad money, low moral
Decent
Forklift/ gantry Crain operative (Former Employee) –  Carnwath27 March 2017
This was a very forfilling job with great prospects and good salery.
I only left this job for what I was told was a better job but turned out not to be.
All in all this was a good company to work for.
Not a great place to work
cnc apprentice (Former Employee) –  Carnwath18 August 2016
The culture and ethos are horrible, management unsure of what they are doing and runs incorrectly. No chances of progression and they relented on what they promised me at the selection process for apprentices.
Voluntary delivery of medicines.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Midlands3 June 2013
During the swine flu outbreak I, along with several others, helped deliver medicine to those who were unable to leave their houses and provide themselves with healthcare.