BGL Group Employee Reviews

Great company
Prsonal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire5 March 2018
Great company that looks after their employees. Lots of perks such as on site gym, great on site restaurant, fun day, awards ball and many more. Good career progression.
Pros
on site gym, fun day, awards ball and many more.
Cons
N/a
Great company, take care of their employes
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire4 January 2018
A typical day at work here involves a lot of customer support. An inbound advisor can take up to around 60 calls a day. From my role in this job I have learnt how to deal with customers needs, to always put the customer first. I now push myself to achieve all my targets, I have done coaching with other advisors, and pushed myself to my full potential. Management are great, always there to help and listen. The hardest part of the job is probably being flexible and on all different shift patterns, and also making sure you hit all targets. I enjoy making customers happy, and also although it is a hard part, I enjoyed challenging my self and hitting targets.
Pros
blg instants, free fruit/water/coffe/juice
Cons
Flexable hours
boring
Customer Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Coventry6 December 2017
The working day was very repetitive, I did not enjoy the environment, the training we received was very good and helpful, I didn't like the environment.
Statistics and figures driven
Various (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire27 November 2017
Too focused on statistics and not enough on the customers experience. Good staff lost due to management by spreadsheet.
Poor overall senior management oversight - lack of understanding and projection
Pros
Salary
Cons
Spread sheet driven - de humanising
Bgl
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire6 November 2017
Loved working here but unfortunately it can get repetitive and boring. Pay is good and staff/management are amazing, you get great training and it is easy to progress.
Worst place
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sunderland27 October 2017
Worst place I’ve ever worked in my life. Staff treat you like absolute dirt. Wouldn’t recommend them at all. Would work until 10pm on a Friday night then they would want me back in 8am the Saturday morning. Absolute no social life. Brand support coaches do absolute nothing but turn their nose up at you.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Coaches and managers attitude. Lack of support, environment felt like a concentration camp
Customer Advisor
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Peterborough4 October 2017
BGL Group reward those who are loyal and dedicated. Sometimes it is very busy, and sometimes it is quite. I have learned a lot working for this company. Management are good at what they do. Workplace culture is good. The hardest part is getting used to the shift rotation.
Pros
Free Breakfast at weekends, good salary, overtime incentives
Cons
shift work until 10pm
Growing business with lots of opportunities
Risk Manager (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire23 September 2017
BGL is a business that has grown substantially over the last few years and this is leading to a number of opportunities arising within the business and an open culture.
Pros
Work Life Balance, and Great Staff Restaurant
Good People, Poor work/Life Balance
Assistant (Former Employee) –  UK30 August 2017
Overall a good place to work with many extra benefits even at Staff Level however work life balance is very poor, therefore the benefits sometimes do not feel worth it or even usable.

Very hierarchical.
Pros
onsite gym, subsidised restaurant, flexible working options
Cons
long hours, salaries seems low comparatively to elsewhere in market
A Good call centre
Universal Advisor (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire16 August 2017
Enjoyed my time working in BGL. Learnt so much. Enjoyed my team. The shift work was the worst part of the job. free parking and good food. Over all a good place to work.

Want to know more about BGL Group?

Ask a question
friendly yet school like
Customer Experience Representative (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire5 August 2017
The bgl group is a fantastic place to start your career, however if you're any older than twenty you might find you're being treated like a child which is very aggravating.
brilliant place to work
Head Chef (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire27 July 2017
BGL is a fantastic place to work they really look after employees at all levels. the benefits are really good too free fruit, friends and family fun days every year all free
Pros
free fruit in house gym
Cons
some early starts
Productive Workplace
Sales Advisor / Retentions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands21 July 2017
I started at Fusion many year ago roughly about fifteen years ago, at this time the workplace was good and many benefits including a competitive bonus structure. /During my time staff were made redundant and management did not like paying the bonus we were all deserved and capped it to a ridiculous amount. After this I left
Pros
They have a cafe
Cons
Management follow you to the toilet
Good workplace
Customer Experience Advisor (Current Employee) –  Peterborough18 July 2017
good work place with excellent benefits and constant opportunities for progression. good work/life balance great saupport from the team and chance to meet new people and uild multiple skills
Work hard play hard
Corporate Partnershis Executive (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire7 July 2017
Expectations are high for which we can all feel the pressure.

The company takes great pride in the benefits offered such as subsidized restaurant, annual fun days and free fruit.

These things do make it a good place to work
Pros
the perks
Cons
the pressure
horrible managment
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear13 June 2017
management staff are very unhelpful, they also dot give you help or advice when needed I felt very singled out and it was not a pleasant experience I did not enjoy this job
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
bad managment
Supportive management and colleagues.
Customer Representative (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire11 June 2017
The company tries to build and maintain employee welfare.They take feedback seriously and always trying to keep employee happy as much as possible. Free parking on site !
Pros
free breakfast on weekends, fruit fruit daily, discounted on site canteen, Supportive management
Cons
old system on computers, difficult customers, job can get repetitive
Executive (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire23 May 2017
Flexible working - hours
Flexible working - working from home fully supported
Great tech - choose what equipment you use to help you do your job
On site gym at the HQ
Free fruit
Subsidised onsite catering - exceptional quality and offering
Surrounded by like minded people
Free, generous onsite car parking
Light, airy, clean and modern office
Good Place to work
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire19 May 2017
good culture
treat employees well
work life balance
internal movers
lots of fun- fun days, bgl balls, extras
technology is good
development opportunities
ok
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Peterborough12 May 2017
ok place to work in if you need the money, not allowed to come back from your break a minute late otherwise get pulled in the office, learned how to solve customer problems.
Pros
Great Money
Cons
Long Hours, Management dont treat you well

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BGL Group. Our community is ready to answer.

BGL Group Reviews by Location