BGL Group Employee Reviews

Incident Manager (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire16 July 2018
Chance for promotion is difficult or hard. a great place to work but the chance of being promoted is difficult, if your face fits youll get put into a better job.
Pros
Free fruit and Free breakfast (weekends)
Cons
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire9 July 2018
I joined BGL in September 2013 after finishing my A-Levels and it was the best decision I ever made! I initially started in the contact centre which really helped me understand the business. BGL have supported me since day one with my development and I've been fortunate enough to progress internally as well as complete further qualifications to aid my career all thanks to BGL. Alongside that, there are so many great benefits and rewards for working here but my favourite part of BGL is the people I work with. As cliché as it sounds it really is a family and everyone cares about each other as well as their job which makes coming into work enjoyable. I'd highly recommend for anyone to join BGL!
Not what it makes out to be
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear9 July 2018
Worked for BGL for over 16 months, I started this company as I needed a fresh start how I would come to regret that decision still leaves a sour taste.

Started in 2015 - 2017 at first everything was going great training was a doddle great trainer easy to understand and follow lasted a couple of weeks then out on the phones to get on with it as you do, so time ticked by then was took on permanently(Happy Days) sadly that was when things took a turn soon found out in the months following that management are not interested very unapproachable and really do not care about your well-being, I was then taken down a disciplinary for my calls which effected my mental health ( to this day it still leaves a scar they do not care) and subsequently decided to leave, yes I can confirm they will visit you at home.

Yes its a well paid job but you do not have a social life and do not let the benefits of the job blind you from the what actually awaits you.
Pros
Canteen and Greggs, Fun Days
Cons
Management is so poor, Flexible Shifts
Delusional workplace
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire4 June 2018
Okay so i started here as a temp and my training group best guys ever friendly bunch we all got on so well. Second week i. It started to go wrong people where getting sacked left right and centre often by text dont even have the balls to do it face to face .Its repetitive its nit picky you can barely sneeze without being told its wrong .
Pros
Employees
Cons
Terrible trainers and management
Great Place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire17 May 2018
Good place to work. Good benefits, hard working advisers. Salary is good for the job, and there is opportunities to progress within the company. Happy
A demotivating, badly managed, depressing place.
Insurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sunderland14 May 2018
I worked in the Sunderland Fusion call centre for 10 months and left depressed. The team leaders and managers had a culture of arrogance and superiority. No training or communication was given, you were just shoved on the phones and ignored. Terrible place to work.
Pros
Wage
Cons
Everything esle
Great company
Prsonal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire5 March 2018
Great company that looks after their employees. Lots of perks such as on site gym, great on site restaurant, fun day, awards ball and many more. Good career progression.
Pros
on site gym, fun day, awards ball and many more.
Cons
N/a
Great company, take care of their employes
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire4 January 2018
A typical day at work here involves a lot of customer support. An inbound advisor can take up to around 60 calls a day. From my role in this job I have learnt how to deal with customers needs, to always put the customer first. I now push myself to achieve all my targets, I have done coaching with other advisors, and pushed myself to my full potential. Management are great, always there to help and listen. The hardest part of the job is probably being flexible and on all different shift patterns, and also making sure you hit all targets. I enjoy making customers happy, and also although it is a hard part, I enjoyed challenging my self and hitting targets.
Pros
blg instants, free fruit/water/coffe/juice
Cons
Flexable hours
Great Fun
Customer Services Adviser (Former Employee) –  Sunderland3 January 2018
Lots of activity days, team meetings and motivations to keep you going through the day. Staff are friendly. Great incentives and benefit packages. good overtime options.
boring
Customer Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Coventry6 December 2017
The working day was very repetitive, I did not enjoy the environment, the training we received was very good and helpful, I didn't like the environment.
Statistics and figures driven
Various (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire27 November 2017
Too focused on statistics and not enough on the customers experience. Good staff lost due to management by spreadsheet.
Poor overall senior management oversight - lack of understanding and projection
Pros
Salary
Cons
Spread sheet driven - de humanising
Bgl
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire6 November 2017
Loved working here but unfortunately it can get repetitive and boring. Pay is good and staff/management are amazing, you get great training and it is easy to progress.
Worst place
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sunderland27 October 2017
Worst place I’ve ever worked in my life. Staff treat you like absolute dirt. Wouldn’t recommend them at all. Would work until 10pm on a Friday night then they would want me back in 8am the Saturday morning. Absolute no social life. Brand support coaches do absolute nothing but turn their nose up at you.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Coaches and managers attitude. Lack of support, environment felt like a concentration camp
Customer Advisor
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Peterborough4 October 2017
BGL Group reward those who are loyal and dedicated. Sometimes it is very busy, and sometimes it is quite. I have learned a lot working for this company. Management are good at what they do. Workplace culture is good. The hardest part is getting used to the shift rotation.
Pros
Free Breakfast at weekends, good salary, overtime incentives
Cons
shift work until 10pm
Growing business with lots of opportunities
Risk Manager (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire23 September 2017
BGL is a business that has grown substantially over the last few years and this is leading to a number of opportunities arising within the business and an open culture.
Pros
Work Life Balance, and Great Staff Restaurant
Good People, Poor work/Life Balance
Assistant (Former Employee) –  UK30 August 2017
Overall a good place to work with many extra benefits even at Staff Level however work life balance is very poor, therefore the benefits sometimes do not feel worth it or even usable.

Very hierarchical.
Pros
onsite gym, subsidised restaurant, flexible working options
Cons
long hours, salaries seems low comparatively to elsewhere in market
A Good call centre
Universal Advisor (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire16 August 2017
Enjoyed my time working in BGL. Learnt so much. Enjoyed my team. The shift work was the worst part of the job. free parking and good food. Over all a good place to work.
friendly yet school like
Customer Experience Representative (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire5 August 2017
The bgl group is a fantastic place to start your career, however if you're any older than twenty you might find you're being treated like a child which is very aggravating.
brilliant place to work
Head Chef (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire27 July 2017
BGL is a fantastic place to work they really look after employees at all levels. the benefits are really good too free fruit, friends and family fun days every year all free
Pros
free fruit in house gym
Cons
some early starts
Productive Workplace
Sales Advisor / Retentions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands21 July 2017
I started at Fusion many year ago roughly about fifteen years ago, at this time the workplace was good and many benefits including a competitive bonus structure. /During my time staff were made redundant and management did not like paying the bonus we were all deserved and capped it to a ridiculous amount. After this I left
Pros
They have a cafe
Cons
Management follow you to the toilet

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BGL Group. Our community is ready to answer.

BGL Group Reviews by Location