Beyond Limits

Beyond Limits Employee Reviews

Hard work
This job role was very challenging, mainly because I feel the client I was supporting had a lot more complex needs that was told about when applying, throughout interview process and training
Good company feel
It feels like people want you to do well. Training is excellent. Team spirit is great!
Not fast pace enough for me. The job was great.

Approachable management and seniors.

Family atmosphere. You work for the client very person centered
Support provider with a difference 😊
Beyond limits really does provide person centred support. Each team has a different approach and way of working based upon what is best for the person supported. They work closely with families and listen to their options. They have good support systems and training for their staff and always encourage career progression. It’s totally different to any other support provider I have ever come across within the social care sector, I couldn’t imagine working anywhere else now. At times the job can be challenging but it’s very rewarding.
A pleasure.
I have been with beyond limits for 12 months and I love it. Apart from the competitive salary and holiday benefits, I am supported by my team to learn and grow providing a fantastic place to work. The training is great and there is plenty of room to progress. I am currently studying nursing and the whole company is behind me, providing flexible working emotional support. Beyond limits want you to be the best you can be, for the people they support?
Pros
Work life balance, great team culture, flexible, supportive, training.
Cons
None!
Dont work here!
Im lost for words. I was treated poorly when i left. They dont care about you. You can be let go at a moments notice if "youre not a match" with no investigation. People who are pals with people high up get away with anything despite complaints. Forget confidentiality...some will disclose Very Personal things about you!
Pros
Cons
Main management is basically corrupt
Hardwork for those who care
This job is hardwork if you genuinely care about the person you support and you want to help them with their dreams and aspirations. I was matched with a person with whom I shared similar interests with and where my skills would most benefit the person.

It can be mentally exhausting at times but seeing the person flourish can make it worthwhile. Work : life balance is not great but management did listen when this was brought up by numerous people, and are working on improving this. Training is very good and is bespoke for each team.

Progression is hard as you work in one team so you have to wait until the Senior or Team Leader advance or leaves. Some roles seem pointless in the company and could be better managed.

The pay has gotten better. Ideas are always welcome from managenent. Teams get teambuilding days and opportunities to develop together but it always depends on the team working together to achieve this, which doesn't always go as hoped.

You have some very hardworking people in management but also some who spend more time outside on their vapes. Most staff seem to care about their job but there are some who let their teams and person supported down. Performance could be better managed.

Overall it is a great company to work for if you put in the effort.
Pros
The people we support, challenging job that makes you think outside the box, some supportive people in management, great training, ideas are welcome
Cons
Work : life balance, lack of opportunities to progress, some very lazy staff who make others jobs harder
awful management.
they leave you on shift for long periods off time can be more than 48 hours with out a break , there are many family and friends working together and very clicky , management say things like i know the service users better than people on shift with them better but never done a 24 hour shift or worked with the people. they don't listen to what is being said, and have very little respect for the staff. management do not look after their staff ,if it was not for the management interfering constantly it would be a better place to work .
key factors ; bullying , lack off safety for employees , over worked , little pay , undermined .
Cons
not a nice safe enviroment to work in
Great ethos! However work life balance is terrible.
I worked for the company for nearly 4 years. The ethos and the person centred approaches are 2nd to none in my opinion. The training is 1st class, it may appear long winded when new but I feel it shows the company care. I have first hand experience of of companies induction which are inferior, and I feel shows a lack of investment in the staff. Other specialist training is provided, unlike other organisations. I progressed to Team Leader during my time, so if you work hard and apply yourself you can excel there. Supportive management although 1 or 2 grind themselves into the ground whilst the sit on office gas bagging and vaping.
The massive issue is culturally you are expected to put the people supported and therefore the company before everything. Your family, life, hobbies friends become enveloped as you are constantly working. Now if you are Team Leader than this is worse. Finally the money is poor and doesn't align with the supported clientele. These are amazing people who do challenge.
Pros
Amazing supported people, great training, nice staff.
Cons
Bye bye life. Overtime paid at lower rate! Crazy!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Beyond Limits?
Producitve, making a difference to people's lives
Despite the long hours, being in the position of a personal support worker allows you to develop vital skills in aiding people with various disabilities.
Pros
development of skills, progression
Cons
long, antisocial hours
They do what they say
After working in many different supported living organisations in Plymouth, it's nice to work for a company who actually practise what they preach.

I have never known a supported living company be so person centred and individualised. All services are truly wrapped around the person and the people supported are actually building their life.

Yes, maybe management don't always get it right, but I would challenge anyone to find a management team that are perfect. They try their best to ensure employees feel valued and support employees to take ownership of their career pathway.

If you are looking for a rewarding role supporting amazing people, this job is for you.
Pros
Induction training and Team Building Days
Hard Work but so Rewarding
No two days are the same but although I haven't been at the company that long, I know that I am loving it. Staff are all hardworking but are really helpful and I have fitted in well. The most enjoyable part is that I get to spend my day working with someone that has the same hobbies and interests as me.
Pros
Great culture, really open to feedback and they are helpful
Cons
A bit more money would be nice !
Horrible, poor management
Management were poor excuses and were not understanding of any mental health illnesses within the staff at all. They do NOT care about their staff at all. The training was absolutely appalling and rubbishly done by a staff member who is certainly NOT qualified properly to be a trainer of important course.
The owners of the company are self centred ladies, who don't actually work with an People themselves yet say they know the people when they most certainly don't.
Great ideas and perfect people in care
Long hours very poor work life balance
the company is the best for people in care and really do care for them more then any other company I have work for.

Just needs to improve of the care and wellbeing of the staff