Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board

Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board Employee Reviews

United Kingdom23 reviews
Good place to work, good benefits, good rates of pay, great holiday entitlement, work life flexible working available, only downfall parking is a problem
Highly recommend this employer. The people who work at BCUHB are hardworking and dedicated and you are encouraged to develop to reach your full potential. The working hours are excellent and they are flexible within a range.
Bullying culture in certain departments, not all. Senior management not interested in the staff. Research department at Glan Clwyd Hospital is best avoided, seriously clicky environment. Not good for the mental health.
Pros
Wards are busy but ok
Cons
Long shifts not good on such busy wards
Great place to work, great staff, very rewarding job, good pay. Was offered the job on the spot. Intense training over two weeks prior starting. Required to shadow some shifts.
This is a review for the role I had in a Community based Diagnostic service - After working for 11 years and helping in the development of an excellent service, I left in 2019 due to refusal of management to take action regarding the further development of a non quality assured diagnostic service which was putting the lives of Gwynedd & Anglesey patients at risk. Poor communication and constructive dismissal was attempted following 10 years of being a key Lead in the Service.
I was employed to work in Gwynedd & Anglesey, but ended up working in Denbighshire & Wrexham areas due to a new employee who had been employed for this region - deciding 6 months later it was not convenient.
Working for betsi Cadwaladr NHS trust for many years was very enjoyable as well as challenging. I made many good lifelong friends who we supported each other in and out of the workplace. I would be very happy to return to work within the Trust
Good support and communication with manager ,,there are a lot of training opportunities and various places to work at within the trust ,,these are regularly advertised on an app
As a health care you will provide care to patients in hospitals or other medical settings. Assistants are under the direction of a qualified professional, and tyou will work closely with patients to ensure their comfort and safety this is a fast pase and also demanding role with in the health care setting but also rewarding.
No issues enjoyed my time here, fellow staff very friendly, management good, enjoyed working and helping the patients. On site canteen, variety of food every day, very clean
Nepotism is rife.. bullying is an everyday occurrence. Managers don’t manage, they manipulate; they recruit their friends, family and people they’ve been intimate with to ensure they’re untouchable. The most unprofessional managers I’ve ever had the unfortunate disadvantage of working for. My advice would be to stay well clear of mental health in BCUHB. Here’s to another five years in special measures with these clowns running the show.
Pros
There are job opportunities to get out of mental health
Cons
Bullies everywhere
working in the hospital kitchen is a change from working in a busy restaurant but it doesn't mean the tasks are any easier.
keeping the kitchen to a satisfactory standard in keeping with environmental health and management expectations.

keeping up with the serving of the food for the patients can be a challenge as each meal is of course different and focusing on the details per order to be sure the patient gets what they need and want in a timely manner.
Lovey place to work, valued and appreciated. All staff are kind hearted and passionate about their jobs. Everyone is so helpful and ou are treated respectfully regards to your job role or authority. Recommend here to everyone. Brilliant place.
Pros
Everyone was so kind and made time for me, even in their busy schedules. I loved working there for my work experience.
I got to see many areas of the hospital and may even work there when I'm older, if I decide that job is for me.
Pros
Everyone was very kind
Cons
On my feet all day
Really bad management, no support what so ever. Managers seem to encourage the bullies by giving them promotions. If your face doesnt fit your job is not safe. Worst care setting i have ever worked in.
Pros
Cons
Management and bullies
Very fast pace, lovely team to work with and very supportive.
It is a lovely role to add to your CV, as you are not only assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care, you are learning new valuable skills that are not learnt on a ward. You will learn venepuncture, cannulation, assisting in taking biopsies, managing bleeds and emergencies, change of PEG's and plenty more.
Pros
Great team of staff, very supportive and great atmosphere
Cons
poor salary
Good staff who support each other in times of crisis
Friendly staff and managers. Managers will help individual staff out in their hour of need and where possible.
Very little support for progression and advancing your role. Very poor communication to and between management and staff and very complicated and confusing direction.
Pros
Rexaled
Cons
Too relaxed
Short staffed and over worked. No support from ward management. Good training however. Support from fellow colleagues is good but generally feel taken advantage of by senior management
Pros
Good trainjng
Cons
Short staff
Run poorly, not equal to all staff. Management don't listen to staff, favouritism is very active in Medical records and the Prep department. Hard to get the annual leave you want.
Pros
Lovely staff
Cons
Poor management.
generally a good place to work with good education standards and employment opportunities. A nice area to live with the interesting multicultural environment
The placement position allowed me to develop new skills in a work environment with new tasks being presented throughout my stay. Communication skills were also developed within the role with clear communication needed with the public and other team members.
Pros
Development, Willing to take placement students
Cons
The travel time to work was high