Betfred Employee Reviews

I find the job fun and get on with the staff. I've learned several computer programs and received good training
Assistant Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Heathfield19 November 2019
I have enjoyed working at Betfred but I work too many hours considering the salary. The staff are friendly and helpful you can always ask for help if you don't understand something. The betting industry is complicated and I have learned to calculate bets manually without a computer.
Betfred does pay too little though. The job pays less than many easier jobs I have had, I have to run full shops on my own and I have to give great customer service as well as having to deal with all customer complaints, which can get very heated. Overall I like the job, but I want employment with set hours.
Betfred
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rushden, Northamptonshire18 November 2019
Nice easy job is your a cashier however I would not want to be an assistant manager or manager for Betfred there is too much pressure and stress that comes with this role.
Unfair
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Doncaster17 November 2019
Management wasn’t very fair towards staff in my opinion, so i decided to quit. The management of my area were very petty with decisions and they would take lighter action against different members of staff that they had a closer relationship with.
It's not for long term.
Assistant Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Bromley17 November 2019
The job is pretty decent for about the first 2 months and then after that you just get more and more pressure and stress piled on you, and honestly you can't really plan your life around the job because it's not a fixed rota and everyone has to work at least one sunday a month.
Besides that though depending on the area. You learn how to deal with different people and so on, also gives you good retail experience.
Working at betfred
Cashier, Assistant Manager, Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire16 November 2019
I enjoyed working at betfred, was always busy and that’s what I liked about the job the only reason I left was because I had to move from Leicester and was about to have my daughter .
Long Hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bispham, Lancashire11 November 2019
They will give you 18 hour contracts but you will usually do 30-45 hours, so they can pay less when you use holidays. Very little job security and you'll be asked to cover alot of shops due to constant staff shortage.

Staff great to work with, management aren't and the job itself is pretty relaxed and enjoyable on the whole, just bad pay and awful management lets it down
Former Employee
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gateshead9 November 2019
Best company I’ve worked for by far! Staff was amazing and helpful (barring some), management was brilliant and extremely understanding! Couldn’t fault the company in the slightest!
Pushy, stressful, Bad Management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dorset6 November 2019
Hi, worked for them for just over 18 months, shop staff ok, thats all the upsides were , as well as i like sports
.Management pushy, no people skills, long hours, since then i have found a wonderful company, seeking good rewards? add on SC , lmiester8
great company to work for
Assistant Manager (Full Time) (Former Employee) –  Mildenhall, Suffolk3 November 2019
had a great time working there , fast promotion after just 4 months, working as a team there was really good , worked on my own to which was good to , learned so much from the other colleagues when i started , really miss it
I enjoy workin ay betfred and the team i work with are fab
Assistant sales manager (Current Employee) –  Leek, Staffordshire1 November 2019
Always very busy, great to see a few different faces each day.

No two days are the same which is really good.

Management are always there to help with anything
Productive workplace
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Englefield Green, Surrey30 October 2019
Friendly workplace . High level customer service.The most enjoyable part of job-maintaining high shop standarts and make customers feel good and always welcome.
Awful place to work
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dorset29 October 2019
Terrible company to work for. Can do loads of hours admittedly but when fellow staff members steal money from your till as there are no locks on the till drawers and no cameras in store to prove what happened. Then was hung out to dry by upper management who didn't seem to give a care in the world, ended up sacking both people in store at the time because of conflicting stories. Diciplinary process not followed at all by area managers who don't really care about staff below them
Pros
Hours available
Cons
Everything else
Terrible
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands27 October 2019
This is an awful place to work they don't care about the staff your just a number. The days are long. The pays rubbish for what you have to put up with. Although 90% of the customer are great and make it enjoyable
Wouldn’t recommend this job to my worst enemy!
sales manager (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire26 October 2019
Where to start? Terrible management, 50+ hours a week are expected of you no matter what you’re situation is, lowest paying bookmakers there is. No point being a ‘manager’ it’s basically code for someone to take the fall if anything goes wrong. That is as far as your managing title will go. Progression is quick but only because they can’t keep staff or train them properly. If you happen to apply for area E5 then run for the hills! There area manager is on a power trip and none of the area team have any idea what they’re actually doing. And definitely not a safe work environment since none of the equipment is safety tested!!
Pros
Cons
Every part of the job
Terrible company
Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London26 October 2019
Low pay and long hours and terrible management support . Underhand and corrupt security department . Very little care for the welfare of staff and very target driven
Nursery school
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bexhill24 October 2019
If being treated like an untrustworthy 3 year old is your thing. If you're still wearing armbands at the swimming pool, the middle management of this firm will see to it that you'll never progress to a body float
Shop manager (Current Employee) –  Leyland, Lancashire21 October 2019
Good company, my training that my manager at Poulton provided was excellent, meet a good bunch of work colleagues, and built up a good relationship with customers
When it's good they don't care, when it's bad they're on you so fast
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey15 October 2019
When your shop is doing well, they leave you to it, not much praise from their part but as soon as it goes wrong, they're quick to tell you so. You feel so undervalued that it makes you feel like all the hard work and time you have put in is all for nothing
Dont get excited, just dont bother.
Deputy Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester12 October 2019
I used to love working for this company, but its all gone down hill within the last year. The only good things about working for this company was the over time and the flexible hours. Now they've decided to reduce overtime so employees have lost hours with no pay rise in return leaving staff in shops fighting over hours just so they can afford to live. They are the WORST paid bookmaker employees on the high street but they can afford to pay out thousands/millions in bonuses to customers and sponsor this that and everything but cant afford to pay their staff correct holiday pay. Ive grown to realise that i've been blind, they don't care about their staff, all they care about is the customers and profit. Employees are struggling and the company don't care, you're just a number. The hours are long and unsociable, you don't get paid what you deserve, you don't get recognised for your hard work and the abuse off the customers just isn't worth it anymore. If you have a day off sick, you lose your bonus, and also get no sick pay. Again, Ill say it, I used to love working for this company, but I know my worth so i don't think ill be around much longer.

BUT, I will say this, the betting shop staff are some of the nicest, funniest people you will ever meet. If you're after a good laugh and finding some amazing life long friends, then go for it, but other than that, run for the hills and go and work somewhere else.
Dying industry
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dundee11 October 2019
Online gambling has taken away a lot of high street shops business and the industry is dying at a rapid rate.Fred is no better or worse than other highstreet chains.