Betfred

Betfred Employee Reviews

Worked here for a number of years, long hours working alone, each store is not allowed to be individual, management wont listen to local knowledge instead just force feed what works in london must work everywhere. Not a hard job but a tiring job sitting behind a computer screen all day.
Pros
majority of customers appreciate banter
Cons
Your just a number
The company on a whole care more about retaining customers than their staff. Long hours, no breaks but the pay is taken off you. 6 hours at work you get a 15 minute break, 8 hours and you get half an hour. If you have a problem you are ringing around for someone to just give you an answer.
Pros
Have a brew when you want one
Cons
Long hours, uncaring managers.
Not a job for a nice person, it ruins your inner peace. Job is for people who enjoy disappointing others and being able to do so with out feeling any burden. Otherwise it eats you alive. All about the FUN at Betfred, seriously recommend!
Cons
Long hours, unpaid lunch, sexism towards men
poor pay , no respect for staff , lack of support , little or no training , staff workload constantly increasing , senior management don't seem to know or care about employees
Pros
free pens
Cons
long hours, no support from management
Horrible, environment, if you have a nice pleasant, side, it will disappear soon, management , will rub off on you.Behind the scenes, its push push,push.No regards for responsible gambling,, its take take take.Well now i have something for you present staff, SC me, yaz_trent2019.Change your life for the better , get what you deserve.
Pros
Cons
everything thats bad is bad
The staff are amazing but managers and above are just to rude and disrespectful they never treat there staff with respect no matter how hard you work. They have lil groups and if you are not part of that they will make your life difficult
Pros
Colleagues are great
Cons
Long hours, management poor, salary not good enough
Do not work here the manager are horrible and do not care about you at all. also alot of dodgy stuff and money going missing really bad company and shops are also very dirty.
I applied for betfred and was good at first but you end up working 15 hr shifts a day and no life at all . You get 10p more than minimum wage for been a manager which is ridiculous. I worked at ladbrokes before and would definitely reccomend them
Rude abusive customers staff, no knowledge of any sport. Flippant and arrogant attitude. uppermanagent don't have a clue what day to day running of a betting shop is like. Long hours minimum wage no flexibility
Pros
Cant think of any
Cons
Can't think of anything
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Betfred?
I advise nobody to work here! Long unsociable hours and you get treated like a 5 year ago old school child. Management have serious communication issues and lack communication skills. They don’t care about your mental health or you’re physical health, making people do 14 hour shifts 2 days in a row. They will make you work 6 days in a row just for a day off! Me and my colleague have recently had to decide which one of us was being forced to work alone at night, with me being only 19! Serious issues with ageism, racism and sexism! HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE place to work! DON’T APPLY HERE!!! Did I mention the pay is shockingly low?!
Cons
Now I wouldn't have minded, if they'd have been fair with my dismissal but this isn't about that. The area manager told other staff (cashiers and managers) that I had been let go on the very same day. Yes that's right, the area manager... No professionalism whatsoever (You know who you are). She should be sacked herself for the way she went on. What a complete waste of two years. Betfred is a terrible, slanderous company. If I could give a minus rating I would
Cons
You are treated like anlow class, being looked down on most od the time and when you talk to management you are either dismissed or they dont take your words seriously.
Nice atmosphere,under paid and Late shifts and all weekend so no balanced lifestyle .Expected to cover shifts at other shops with zero notice you are expected to work around the shop managers life style .
Pros
Nice atmosphere
Cons
Shifts shop manager
Not treated as a person. You are a number Make a mistake in Andy way and you’ll have management in you like a tonne of bricks. Left to fend for yourself most of the time. Not allowed to be unwell ever. You belong to the company how dare you think your entitled to a life outside. Expected to work at the drop of a hat. Have to fight your way up the ladder if you can be bothered, then get stabbed in the back by everyone you work with. Expected to generate money out of nowhere and increase takings, Generally the store team can be a good bunch, but always one that is poison.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Low pay, long hours, no recognition, no advancement, boredom
If you need a job, it's a job. The pay is min wage for your age so if you are a keyholder/assistant dept manager which I was and your cashier is older than you, guess who gets paid more? The cashier doing nothing all day and night while you manage the shop! That's only if they give you a cashier too! Very often they will expect you to run the shop alone at night, risking robbery or other harm to you and they don't care. The company and management are only loyal to themselves and expect you to be loyal to them too (whether you have a life outside of work or not, you will be their satellite 24/7, who needs friends and family or love, right?) the branch I worked in needed a lot of work doing to it (repairs, decorating etc) and it never got done in the 3 years I worked there. I was sick with flu and couldn't breath once, they ordered me to take a paracetamol and come in. I broke my hand falling over transporting £3000 in my pocket ON THE BUS AT NIGHT IN Winter and they rang me in hospital asking me to come back to work. I had just had surgery to fix my hand and was still sat in hospital?! I'm sure that's illegal on its own so I'll let you guess what the rest is like because all my complaints wouldn't fit in this tiny box if I tried.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Too many to count
Don’t what ever u do work for this company it is horrible and work long hours without a break and have to go to other shops not in the area and have to train in more then one shop it takes the biscuit.
Pros
Banter with customer.
Cons
Working long hours without a break, working in other shops not in area
Not a bad place to work. Management may need a slight improvement, but overall a great company. The could be slightly better. They need to care more about the wellbeing of their staff. Sometimes they apply a lot of pressure on staff
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Management & staff well-being
Good job to get into if you are prepared to work any hours and want to get some management experience on your CV. Regular customers and colleagues are fine and that's the positives of the job. If you like evenings and weekends to yourself, don't work here as you will need to work most weekends and until after 10pm most shifts. You will be asked to manage shops before you are truly ready and then get disciplined for messing up by the atrocious area management team.
Pros
Regular customers, ability to earn money.
Cons
Area team, evenings and weekends
I have learned a lot of valuable skills working in a betting shop, you are required to work under quite a bit of pressure especially on the busiest days of the year and to meet targets set in promotions. I’ve learned customer service skills and cash handling. Also about repeat custom, If you treat the customers with respect and offer a warm welcoming shop they will return.
Pros
Unsociable hours
Cons
The at
Worked for the company for 10 years as a manager and was happy for most of it but after 7 years the company made all staff sign new contracts which took away overtime and bank holiday rates . Area managers put extra pressure on staff and many forced to leave. Shop opened 14 hours a day and only allowed 6 hours for staff so worked alone most of the time {not safe] . No appreciation from Area Manager or Supervisor.
Pros
Enjoyable atmosphere if you enjoy betting.
Cons
Long hours working alone, poor pay.
Awful place to work, management are disrespectful, pay is a joke, conditions are awful and the staff are rude. Favouritism plays a huge part as to how far you go in this company.
Pros
There are none
  1. Employee reviews