Bestway Employee Reviews

Poor work place
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire13 June 2019
I worked in the Newcastle under Lyme warehouse. I was told on indeed i was applying for Operative roll infact when got the job it was a picker roll was not impressed staff treat you like rubbish management are poor they stick to there staff and dont listen.. Watchinf four walls is better there are better places out there to work for.. Poor and shocking i stayed a week to much work for min wage
Unprofessional dangerous attitude
Driver (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester31 May 2019
Worked at company almost 3years, for much of that time, it was a good job but that mainly is because my drivers m8, we got on.

Left job when management sitting in offices thought it would be a good idea to keep mixing drivers/partners up on a daily basis, many of those chosen to be drivers mates struggled to speak any english, generally lazy but most of all dangerous, if you cant speak the same language, an 18t truck with a dumb drivers mate wandering behind, supposedly banksman, it`s only a matter of time before an accident which could have been avoided.... will happen
Pros
Going home
think before you apply
worker (Former Employee) –  north west28 May 2019
you may be out of work ,or you might not be happy in your current job so before you apply ask yourself why does the same job with this company keep coming up
50+ hours per week
working weekends / bank holidays
One of the worst
Warehouse Operative/Picker (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire17 March 2019
Targets would be attainable if the equipment you were given worked correctly. There was a race to get the one or two scanning guns that worked at the start of shift. Many product barcodes failed to scan. Management didn't care, hit the targets or else.
Canteen was a mess. In general the whole place was run-down and falling apart. Company didn't want to spend money on maintenance.
Management on the whole were arrogant and extremely ignorant. Nepotism and favouritism were rife. Some clearly had no idea how to do their job.
Best part of the day was going home. Avoid unless desperate for a job.
Pros
Cons
Poorly maintained equipment and building. Terrible management.
Shocking, Terrible, Poor
Driver/Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester12 March 2019
I have worked for the Bestway group for about 3 years and no left their employment.
I can honestly say this is one of the worst company's I have ever worked for in my working life.
Work conditions are very poor. Management is terrible. Pay is not that good. Staff canteen is a disgusting horrible mess, I wouldn't let my dog eat in there it's that filthy. The staff toilets should carry a public health warning and not be used. Disgusting.
I'm glad IV left and I will never look back.
Pros
Non
Cons
See above
poor working conditions
Van Driver (Former Employee) –  Bulwell, Nottinghamshire23 January 2019
I was employed as a Van Driver at Batleys(a subsidiary company of Bestway). I walked out after an incident with a customer. A cage fell of a lorry near a newsagents in Nottingham and it hit a parked vehicle.

As a gesture of goodwill I paid for the damage to the car. When I got back to Bulwell I walked out.

The vehicle I was driving had a tailift which had no side guards and was not functioning correctly.

Pressure is put on supervisors to achieve results
Pros
good team ethic
Cons
collecting cash from customers no security heavy lifting poor planning
Ignore the negative feedback
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire2 December 2018
I would just like to say working here was the biggest move I made I was in a bad job before I started working for batleys treated bad in my previous job you could ever imagine you can have your good days and could have ya bad days but never go home really stressing at all can be a long day and can be tiring as long you don’t take the the mick the management are very friendly Ive almost done every kind of job for this company as well so am very happy where I am
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Can be tiring Some shifts
Warehouse Operative
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire28 November 2018
I would avoid this place as workload is high for pittance of pay per hour.
Mostly full of 2 faced individuals who seem to think there management.
Overtime never paid correctly.
There are better employers out there.
High turnover of employees due to bad management.
Pros
2 weekly pay
Cons
Management, customers, pay, it would be better to stay on dole
Cash point worker
Cash Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire22 November 2018
I have worked for bestway for 3 months and now moving on to a better opportunity for myself but I have had no issues with the management of staff they are lovely and welcoming it was the step I needed to help me better myself and it's bitter sweet leaving.
Pros
Welcoming staff locket customers
Cons
Hours and minimum wage for the work done
Beneficial
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London28 November 2017
Bestway is a wholesale cash and carry that I have been working at since I was 16. It is my first job in which I have worked almost every weekend since. While working at Bestway I’ve been working with majority of the departments from floor assistants, marketing and promotions, security, picking and deliveries. I believe this workplace is where I have benefitted the most because I have spent most my time there it allowed to build a relationship with customers and staff on a day to day basis.
fun work place
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Manchester24 October 2016
all the staff are very friendly, it is a really exciting place to work, the management is excellent, the customers are very friendly, a very exciting place to work overall.
Fun and nice people to work with.
Cash and Carry Assistant (Current Employee) –  Acton7 September 2016
It is a very nice place to work if you would like to learn things.
And I have noticed out of experience that the people who show interest and motivation that those people do get chances to work their way higher up.
Cons
Less Salary
appaling place to work
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gateshead7 September 2016
Had the unfortunate experience working for these for a year Gateshead team valley management are appalling hire any idiots staff turnover more leave than start most on drugs and are stealing from them
Pros
leaving every night
Cons
starting every shift
Rubbish place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Nottingham26 July 2016
Crooks! The family run business is run by crooks and they squeeze everything out of you! Everything is done behind closed doors. One of the worst company to ever work for stay well away from them!
Park Royal
X (Former Employee) –  Park Royal offices25 July 2016
Horrible place to work. Talk down to you. Very backward ways of working. Don't work together as a team. Some lick to be noticed. That was my highlight of the day or one of them. Was an eye opener.
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention!
Fun work place
Currently I work as a fortlift driver (Current Employee) –  Gateshead4 April 2016
I enjoyed my time there, friendly staff and had the opportunity to train myself in all areas of the job and learn new skills
Pros
Learning opportunity
Cons
Promotion
Fun work place
Trainee Accountant (Former Employee) –  London25 October 2015
Was a fun working place. Had great people to work with. I was mentoring a Financial accountant for some time and learnt the processes and the workings of a finance department.
Unprofessional
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  oldbury25 September 2015
This is a horrible company to work for! I worked at the oldbury branch and I only lasted a day. With no proper training I was made to sit at the reception by myself for several hour on my first day clueless about the job and when I asked the manager for help he was very rude and responded to my query with "what do you want me to do about it" it was a horrific experience. I would stay well clear off this job. Especially the oldbury branch.
Pros
Was a walking distance
Cons
unprofessionalism, rude staff and customers
A good environment to work
Till Operator (Current Employee) –  Edgware Road22 August 2015
Meeting the regular customers and putting a smile on their faces always gives me that good buzz feeling, I also feel as if I have learned everything I can at bestway, but signs of Progressing due to policies and slim to none.
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
Decent hours from 9-5
Productive and Challenging
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Derby, ENG29 October 2014
I was a dedicated and enthusiastic person to work with and believe in providing excellent customer service. I have strong administration experience which was really useful whilst working at Bestway. I was a good team worker and communicated with staff members all the time. We worked as a team and met targets every day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bestway. Our community is ready to answer.

Bestway Reviews by Location