Bestway

Bestway Employee Reviews

United Kingdom36 reviews
One rule for one! If your face fits or you have t*ts you’ll go far and become a favorite.
Bullies & backstabbers work there! Paid low, stripped of any perks other jobs may provide you with. If your a worker expect to be pushed! If you are known not to work, expect to me left to do just that. A very depressing place that brings on any mental health/anixety issues. Jobs position and titles will be ‘created’ for certain people others will be off sick for months and play the system and get away with it. The place is a utter shambles & needs a whole new restructure.
Pros
Working hours
Cons
Everything else!
As warehousing goes it a good place to work, I found the team work to be excellent, it can be hard work at times, and like any Distribution centres you have targets to hit, which are achievable. I found the management to be be supportive and extremely helpful. Yes like any place you always get one or two managers who have no social skills, and Bestways are not exempted, One of the operations managers can make it difficult for you, if you are seen talking to the wrong person/s. Take that one manager out of the equation, overall the manager team are good. The building has two parts, old and new, has I hope you can appreciate the old side, needs TLC, but I've worked in alot worse places. If you are looking for a lite work load, this isn't the place for you. Me personally I loved working there, If haven't had to relocate, I am sure I would still be there.
Pros
No weekend working
Cons
Can be a heavy workload
I worked in this place for a year and found the manager to have his favourites he made my life miserable I was glad to leave . The manager has his favourites to promote . Made his male colleagues get promotion talked down to women
Good management, fast paced work, rewarding reaching targets, some times working under pressure to meet deadlines, develop communication and customer service skills
You have to leave your head and shoulders at the gate nuff said I think basically a modern day slave 100%and for old money like you are prewar baby way back in time.mad mad place
No training provided health and safety concerns oppressive practices and as a result of poor stock flow and rotation due to incompetent management confusion insues
People are the worst thing about it and the managers are moody and think we don’t do anything instead make us do dog work
Can’t even go toilet without getting

annoche
Pros
Not good
Bad
The area manager talks to you like your stupid, Inherited a van which was poor,with out of date stock , I didn't get enough training where other guy who started at the same time ,there was someone out with him every week helping him , Van's are faulty ,broke down at 9.30am had to get a taxi home after 10 hours of waiting, then got recovered day after 27 hours it took.ipads faulty , only interested in larger rounds, other members of staff taking photos of you grasping you up for stupid things .
Stay clear of this company , your be working 12 hours a day only paid for 8, extremely poor management, poor stock levels, wouldn't recommend to anyone who wants a career in sales.
The whole place absolutely everything is terrible about the Coventry depot. The management are poor none of them have people skills they talk to you like your worthless, they expect a high workload, you have next to no equipment to do your job the scanners are all broken the warehouse floor is shambolic you drive on better roads!! forklift driver's dont do the work they are supposed to do they drive like idiots wont be long till someone is killed I seen a cleaner get hit by a counterbalance. It is covered with rodents and rats you will see them in the warehouse regular. They only favour their favourite people who get away with doing no work everyday ive witnessed it myself, a lot of favouritism at this depot, managers like to use bully tactics agsinst you at every opportunity. You ask for a holiday and you have to explain why you want the holiday what your doing with your time off its not a good place to work with bad management running the place.
Bestway is the worst place ill ever work the people who run it and the people who run coventry depot in tile hill dont have a clue.
a very hard place to work for, i wouldn't know what i was doing one day from the next i was employed as a drivers mate to them be told i would be working on tills, i had no notice of this job role change also this was not the job i applied for,
It is a chance to learn new skills within the customer service industry. However as a company it is pretty shocking.

There are limited and poor facilities for the staff. There is no incentive for staff to do well. The management take advantage of hard working employees by using them more and expecting more work. Favouritism is rife with certain staff getting away with doing sod all and others getting bullied almost. The customers speak to staff like rubbish and the management do nothing to stop it.

All this for minimum wage.
As many Wholesalers and Retailers are embracing the changing way customers shop and recognising the value and importance their People play in ensuring continued success, Bestway seems to be adopting a particularly harsh approach to cost saving and are culling headcount dramatically.

There is no People agenda. The depots struggle to recruit good employees as the pay is poor as can be the working conditions in some areas. There is sadly a lack of recognising good workers and giving clear direction as to what roles entail as many Depot workers are expected to do anything and everything, many therefore leave after a few days.

Head Office has reversed on any form of flexible working, instead of embracing the trust and autonomy good workers wish to receive there is now a micro management approach, Big Brother is watching! Location isn't great if you don't live near HQ and morale is at an all time low. Communication is often very poor and nothing gets embedded properly. Opinions can be offered but nothing is ever done with them as only a select few individuals ever get heard.

The Van Sales Team are doing their best to survive tough targets and operate under a different management team, many of which do know what good looks like.

If you are considering joining the Bestway Wholesale Team then ensure you know exactly what is expected of you before accepting!
I worked in the Newcastle under Lyme warehouse. I was told on indeed i was applying for Operative roll infact when got the job it was a picker roll was not impressed staff treat you like rubbish management are poor they stick to there staff and dont listen.. Watchinf four walls is better there are better places out there to work for.. Poor and shocking i stayed a week to much work for min wage
Cons
Worked at company almost 3years, for much of that time, it was a good job but that mainly is because my drivers m8, we got on.

Left job when management sitting in offices thought it would be a good idea to keep mixing drivers/partners up on a daily basis, many of those chosen to be drivers mates struggled to speak any english, generally lazy but most of all dangerous, if you cant speak the same language, an 18t truck with a dumb drivers mate wandering behind, supposedly banksman, it`s only a matter of time before an accident which could have been avoided.... will happen
Pros
Going home
Cons
you may be out of work ,or you might not be happy in your current job so before you apply ask yourself why does the same job with this company keep coming up
50+ hours per week

working weekends / bank holidays
Targets would be attainable if the equipment you were given worked correctly. There was a race to get the one or two scanning guns that worked at the start of shift. Many product barcodes failed to scan. Management didn't care, hit the targets or else.
Canteen was a mess. In general the whole place was run-down and falling apart. Company didn't want to spend money on maintenance.

Management on the whole were arrogant and extremely ignorant. Nepotism and favouritism were rife. Some clearly had no idea how to do their job.

Best part of the day was going home. Avoid unless desperate for a job.
Pros
Cons
Poorly maintained equipment and building. Terrible management.
I have worked for the Bestway group for about 3 years and no left their employment.
I can honestly say this is one of the worst company's I have ever worked for in my working life.

Work conditions are very poor. Management is terrible. Pay is not that good. Staff canteen is a disgusting horrible mess, I wouldn't let my dog eat in there it's that filthy. The staff toilets should carry a public health warning and not be used. Disgusting.

I'm glad IV left and I will never look back.
Pros
Non
Cons
See above
I was employed as a Van Driver at Batleys(a subsidiary company of Bestway). I walked out after an incident with a customer. A cage fell of a lorry near a newsagents in Nottingham and it hit a parked vehicle.

As a gesture of goodwill I paid for the damage to the car. When I got back to Bulwell I walked out.

The vehicle I was driving had a tailift which had no side guards and was not functioning correctly.

Pressure is put on supervisors to achieve results
Pros
good team ethic
Cons
collecting cash from customers no security heavy lifting poor planning
When working at bestway my hours where very good and allowed to to have a social life and work life the roater was always good as it let you knew in advance what days you would have off so you could plan your week.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Worked alone a lot of the time
I would avoid this place as workload is high for pittance of pay per hour.
Mostly full of 2 faced individuals who seem to think there management.

Overtime never paid correctly.

There are better employers out there.

High turnover of employees due to bad management.
Pros
2 weekly pay
Cons
Management, customers, pay, it would be better to stay on dole