Bestway Retail

Bestway Retail Employee Reviews

United Kingdom19 reviews
Not good
Stressful environment, underpaid/overworked, no support from higher up and very limited if at all progression possibilities! 8 hour shift only 20 minute break allowed which is a struggle to take anyway so end up not even taking it some days! No extra rates for working bank holidays etc like you would find at other competitive retailers.
Pitiful
A 'could not care less' attitude permeates the entire business, division between head office and warehouse staff clearly defined. Opportunities for advancement highly limited and based upon time served, or who you know. A highly toxic environment to work in, largely a result of the attitude first mentioned. Please dont waste your time applying for work in the warehouse, it really is a road to nowhere
Interesting and social workplace
Great staff to work with and a relaxed atmosphere with a structured routine which is completed between staff who are on shift, Time to talk to customers and get to know them personally.
Painful and tiresome
Pretty much promised everything you need to run a shop but never actually given, reduction in hours, staff, support etc. I called in sick for the first time in 3 years and all I got throughout my sickness was constant phone calls and texts telling me to go in, even when I said I can barely stand or stop shaking. Pretty much feel guilt tripped and pressured into working when you can barely leave your bed.
An absolute joke!
I've always believed if a company treats their staff well then the staff will perform better and increase sales. If you want to work for a fair and just company, DON'T WORK HERE! Lone working, no breaks, no training, basically all staff just has to "get on with it". Managers are ignorant and ridiculous.
Avoid
No incentives or appreciation for hard work and commitment and reliability.
Responsible for a huge amount of cash handling under pressure for accuracy involving a multitude of duties and time management for minimum wage. Poor communication from management to staff.
Customers and colleagues are the rewarding aspect when great service is provided.
Rubbish
Typical Retail - Minimum Wage - Store Managers Earn The Same As Customer Assistants In Morrison's. Stores are a hazard, all of them would fail EHO inspections
Just Don't Bother.
In my interview. The area manager was All promises. But Mostly lying. I was told 3 different Salaries. The highest at my Interview. Followed by 2 more after leaving the previous Job when it was too late to go back. they were £3000 & £4000 lower than what I agreed. I was promised support and training. All I got was a set of keys of the staff and a "there's your Store, get onit it." The Area Manager didn't even welcome me on my first day. I had to remind them when I was starting. I couldn't even get hold of them for 3 days. It is the most unprofessional company I have Ever worked for. Massive knock to your confidence.
All about the numbers
Staff turnover and manager are almost the same, as nobody had any clue what they’re doing.
Basically no training was given and there’s no care for staff at all and the only worry for the manager is how friendly he is with higher up.

The money is awful and any chance to take money off you is abused, nearly every time you idle they take money off of your final wage
Pros
Cons
Nearly everything
Productive, good place to work
Good team spirit, everyone worked well as a team, results driven, hard working but great working environment, very flexible with regards to working hours
Hard work
Staff goes of sick and don’t get anyone to cover them so have to work alone on busy weekend. Not More than one person doing shift during Saturday nights. Manager letting colleagues off there shift for other commitments.
Pros
Getting to know new customers
Cons
Staff going off sick without anyone covering them
Was a great place til bestway took over give me nisa all day every day...
Worst experiance in my long career...no guidelines as to where company wanted to go continual round of stocktakes taking all the working hrs possible and they achieved nowt always very wrong which put ordering in jepoardy.nothing left for customer relations, promotions, shop presentation,list is endless...overall too many chiefs ..where i was there was a very large warehouse and we got all the rubbish from closed stores causing frustration amongst staff as we should be on shop floor with customers...
Pros
Worked close to home
Cons
Lots.. long hrs, no direction from management not promoting good loyal staff
Terrible company to work for
I worked for this company for 4years and was sacked when I stepped down as manager due to false promises and failure to employ staff (myself and assistant manager to run store for nearly 2months).we found out we had a expired alcohol licence but was ordered to trade for nearly a month without 1 by head office,no security camera's,no panic alarm,building in disrepair,area manager coming in and helping himself to stock.Company only cares about profit,employees are just a number which is a shame as we had a great team until bestway retail took over and decided to cut hours.
Pros
Cons
Missing pay, long hours with no break, no staff protection
Avoid
The worst company I have ever worked for.
No care for members of staff, badly run shop. There is next to no organisation.

Managers are bullies which shows in staff turnover and other reviews.

There are no breaks during shifts
Pros
Cons
Bullying
Central convenience stores temple cloud
Great place to work ...If your not afraid of hard work. The current manager is excellent. When I joined, the store was in a terrible state. It's great to see it improving and turning a corner .The atmosphere is also improving day by day. The customers have noticed a diffrence .
Pros
Above average pay
Awful
Management are horrendous and do not care for their employees.
No communication between staff whatsoever.

Starts off great then they quickly make your work life a confusing living nightmare
Pros
Cons
Everything.
Excellent company
Really enjoy the customers, great team and have learnt lots. The job is varied, not one day the same. Always learning and lots of training. Enjoyable job and nice work colleagues.
Pros
Free parking
Franchise awareness
I think that both parties staff in terms of manage to and general assistants should be able to hold huddle sessions to be able to be constructive in direction and issues reflect on the requirements of both quality of work and mental well being and able to approach the directors board with any of the issues before they come to being reviewed online and making it a substantial effect on the recruitment efforts. It takes a big person to say sorry something which should have been said to those involved with the holiday issue.
People who are in these roles should be on a development track to give them achievable ambitions and reward this should be looked at a professional level by the heads of business this would reflect in a productive and customer friendly business where everyone thinks of it at a positive and forward thinking company.
Pros
Taste of how retail at lower levelis
Cons
Long hours unappreciated and pressured for low pay
Sales assistant
Customers very interesting indeed, management not good at all " do as I say not as I do" ,I could not win wanted me out was sacked, no break
Pros
The customers fantastic had lovely chat about wines beers everything loved the customers very much.
Cons
NO BREAK IN 6 HOUR SHIFT eat in stockroom but not a break, Don't work at poulton le fylde find another bestway bargain booze