Bespoke | Digital Agency

Bespoke | Digital Agency Employee Reviews

A great company to work for. You are asked for your input and your opinions are valued. This company and the people in it care about helping you develop and you are given a clear progression plan. The team are supportive, kind and extremely hard working. This job suits those that care about giving their best and want to develop and grow within Digital. Even if you think you know a lot there’s always ways to improve within this ever evolving industry,
Pros
Flexible, versatile, supportive, inclusive
I joined Bespoke with the promise that "things were done right" but this isn't true by any means. An idea that Bespoke were unique to every other agency out there, when sadly this just isn't the case. Salary is actually well paid. I was offered what I was looking for without any questions and employees are rewarded as they progress. Along with this, flex-time working hours, local location and some friendly team members complete the line up here. This is where it ends.Culture is mis-matched. There's a social atmosphere but this is where it ends. You work, you go home, that's it. No "social Fridays" or exciting "Friday Afternoons" - it's just work, work, work.As for the rest, your job is made harder and certainly not easier with lack of support - not to mention a constant disproval. Nothing positive and nothing enjoyable. Employees are expected to "read minds" with no prior guidance or such and everything is submitted with the drama of potentially not being "what was needed".My advice to both management and above, step away or at least learn the compassion and understanding of your employees. Learn to support them. Stop trying to "step away from the noise" and actually chip in, you're no different to anyone in the company. Learn to appreciate the efforts and lengths your employees go to rather than seeing the absolute worst. Change as you keep saying you're going to do, it's pointless admitting your issues and not doing anything about it. Lastly, the book can wait, treat your employees right.
Pros
Flexi-time, competitive salary, some friendly members of staff, local location
Cons
Very target driven, staff competition from management, favouritism, A company far more focused on their image, brand and, not to mention, the book than their employees.
Bespoke is an environment where a genuine desire to work hard is recognised and rewarded. The team are friendly, welcoming, and supportive, and there's a real sense of working together to achieve the best results. You're expected to own your own role, and take responsibility for the work you produce, but I've found that if you need help, you only need to ask. There are opportunities to put your own thoughts forward and be listened to, and management are open to new concepts and ideas. I've really valued the fact that I've been able to make a real contribution from day 1. It's easy to see that attention and care has gone into the little touches that make this a pleasant place to be.
Pros
Good coffee, supportive management, opportunities for training
Within 2 weeks of starting work at Bespoke I was offered career development training. The flexible start time is great there is much less stress to be somewhere at a specific time.
Pros
Team Spirit, natural problem solving and speak up to resolve issues culture.
I've worked at Bespoke for over a year and I have picked up lots of new skills. The team are friendly and there's a great culture of both learning and having fun. The best part for me is the flexible start/finish times. You'll enjoy the atmosphere and the fast-paced work. You'll also get opportunities to build strong working relationships with your clients.
Good company with some decent benefits such as Spotify/Prime/Audible free after a certain period time. Extra day holiday for every year you work for them. Friendly knowledgable team and flexible working hours. Across from a good pub which we all go over for lunch or a drink on a Friday. Good variety of clients some really big and a good mix of local businesses. In the optimisation side, you manage your own workload which can be good or bad depending on how you work. Also, you look after a few clients as an account manager which is fairly unique for this industry but does have its perks as nothing is lost in translation in meetings. Overall would definitely recommend working at Bespoke if you are interested.
I’ve been at Bespoke for 6 months. I moved here after nearly 11 years in my former senior role at a Digital Agency in Cumbria. When I made the decision to look for a role with a shorter commute, it took a while to find the right next step in Preston, but I’m happy to say I’ve found a good place at Bespoke. As a mature company, everything is well organised and systemised. There is an in-house process for everything, often using software that’s been developed in-house. Little touches like having a PA to manage your calls allows you to focus, and the dedicated support desk works well. As a team member, I definitely feel valued and listened to. Steve works hard to build a culture where every team member is motivated, doing their best work and having a great time. There are regular open team meetings so you get to have your say, along with regular team lunches and nights out for a bit of fun. The agency has a strategic approach and builds long-term relationships with clients. That means you get to know a client really well, motivating you to push hard and deliver great results. The company is clear on it’s direction – an 18 month plan is printed and available to the team – which means everyone’s clear and pushing in the same direction. Everyone knows what they’re doing, where they fit and where they’re heading in their career.
I've worked for Bespoke now for over 4 years as a senior front end developer. Throughout my time, I've enjoyed worked on so many projects that are both aesthetically pleasing and technically challenging. Hearing great customer feedback is exceptionally rewarding. It helps me want to reach the same achievements day in, day out. Projects are well thought out and executed by dedicated members of the team, who are passionate about their specialists fields. It's a pleasure to watch them work and to see them educate others so that everyone feels involved and a part of the team. Everyone contributes to the overall objective of the agency. Ideas are encouraged and people are championed to run with their ideas to inspire others. There's a constant feeling of evolution at the agency, bring new skills and services to their clients and even better working environments. Learning is encouraged with quarterly appraisals, and with my own experience of this it’s been excellent to see how much I, and the company, have changed over the years. Your career is important to Bespoke and they encourage you to find what inspires you and help you reach those goals.
Pros
Close to motorway, pub, fast food, hardware store, gym and large supermarket
Cons
Can get a bit hot in summer
The company is well established so there is a way in place for everything that works. There are quarterly reviews where you can raise any topic or idea you want and there are staff surveys sometimes so you are listened to. The team is good at delivering projects on time. Management are honest and transparent.. It’s very customer focused and high standards are expected. It is a medium sized team (about 16 people) and you work closely together so can make good friends.
Pros
You are listened to and supported
Cons
Smaller than some other agencies
Potential to be a great place to work, but lacks good management. If you want to progress or indeed stay in your job, you must be prepared to bow down.
Pros
Opposite a good pub?!
Cons
The company is quite thorough and careful in its recruitment. They take a long term view and like people who have an attitude of wanting to progress themselves and the agency overall. It is exclusively a digital agency, working with clients mostly local to the main office in Preston, but also nationwide and in London. There is focus on getting results and giving great service for clients, so there is an expectation that staff have that thinking. They do support personal growth and development and we do have fun as a team too.
Pros
Progression opportunities, Great colleagues
Cons
Would benefit from a bigger kitchen
Great working environment with really talented colleagues. Company is committed to aiding the progress of staff and providing a first class service to their clients.